Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:26 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Theory on what 44 is all about
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
gennerx
Unfettered

Theory on what 44 is all about

OK with the Brian Test video out I thinks there's enough evidence to at least make an educated guess on what this is about. It's now pretty clear that there's a connection to the events of Marble Hornets. The poem in the Brian video tells us

there are quiet footsteps coming
today they're in your home

Who are they? It's not TO since he's only one person. Who else sneaks into people homes in Marble Hornets unseen.....the proxies. I believe this new series is about whatever the proxies do when the wander around at night.

There's another clue that leads me to believe this.
Noah's live streams have shown the words "We can see you" on more then on occasion. There was a TTA video that made the similar statement of "I can see you".

Then there's two references to water which has always been a TTA favorite. Once in the Footsteps video and then again on the website http://marblehornets.com/therearefootsteps where the image file name is thewaterisdeep.gif

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Then there's the fact that Brian's name is on the video and he was TTA.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:05 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

Re: Theory on what 44 is all about

gennerx wrote:
OK with the Brian Test video out I thinks there's enough evidence to at least make an educated guess on what this is about. It's now pretty clear that there's a connection to the events of Marble Hornets. The poem in the Brian video tells us

Who are they? It's not TO since he's only one person. Who else sneaks into people homes in Marble Hornets unseen.....the proxies. I believe this new series is about whatever the proxies do when the wander around at night.

Noah's live streams have shown the words "We can see you" on more then on occasion. There was a TTA video that made the similar statement of "I can see you".

Then there's two references to water which has always been a TTA favorite. Once in the Footsteps video and then again on the website http://marblehornets.com/therearefootsteps where the image file name is thewaterisdeep.gif

It's still not clear that there's a direct link between them. If anything, in this universe the "Marble Hornets" incident may be well known among a certain group (say, investigators of paranormal and other strange mysteries) and the story is being used to draw a parallel for someone (I guess "D. Scott," who seems now to be an actual figure who is investigating MH for some reason) and maybe to those of us watching in the community of inquirers. Still no evidence that this is Marble Hornets Too, which THAC said it wouldn't be.

As for Brian as TTA--I'm with you in the "Brian is Hoody and Hoody is TTA; therefore, Brian is TTA" camp, but it's not that far fetched to think, that there could have been some other individual or entity involved that maybe provided Hoody with information that would have been hard even for him to get (because the range of territory and of sources that Brian would have had to access, while not impossible, does stretch believability to its tensile threshold), and maybe this person or entity is behind the codes and warnings in 44.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 am
gennerx
Unfettered

lonsumtravlr wrote:
gennerx wrote:

It's still not clear that there's a direct link between them. If anything, in this universe the "Marble Hornets" incident may be well known among a certain group (say, investigators of paranormal and other strange mysteries) and the story is being used to draw a parallel for someone (I guess "D. Scott," who seems now to be an actual figure who is investigating MH for some reason) and maybe to those of us watching in the community of inquirers. Still no evidence that this is Marble Hornets Too, which THAC said it wouldn't be.

As for Brian as TTA--I'm with you in the "Brian is Hoody and Hoody is TTA; therefore, Brian is TTA" camp, but it's not that far fetched to think, that there could have been some other individual or entity involved that maybe provided Hoody with information that would have been hard even for him to get (because the range of territory and of sources that Brian would have had to access, while not impossible, does stretch believability to its tensile threshold), and maybe this person or entity is behind the codes and warnings in 44.

Yes he probably had help but not a person singular....plural as in people..... possibly an organization. Again look at the poem. "They" are in your home....not he and not it. The easy way to go with this would be a slender cult but I hope Troy has more imagination then that. Maybe an evil corporation of some kind. Fun fact 44 means "business" in numerology.

Worst case scenario Hoody was working for SCP.......please please please don't let this be a SCP VLOG.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:05 pm
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

gennerx wrote:
Yes he probably had help but not a person singular....plural as in people..... possibly an organization. Again look at the poem. "They" are in your home....not he and not it. The easy way to go with this would be a slender cult but I hope Troy has more imagination then that. Maybe an evil corporation of some kind. Fun fact 44 means "business" in numerology.

Can't agree on that one. "They" in the "Today they're in your home" sentence refers to the footsteps, not necessarily to two or more individuals. And, God, while Clear Lakes 44 may be an organization (and I think it is), I sure hope this mysterious TTA-esque figure is not part of an organization, and surely not of a "cult" (unless it's one of those pseudo-Lovecraftian shadow organizations as in the first season of True Detective). Cults are boring.

Quote:
Worst case scenario Hoody was working for SCP.......please please please don't let this be a SCP VLOG.

We're gonna agree on this one, yes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:59 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

lonsumtravlr wrote:
gennerx wrote:

Can't agree on that one. "They" in the "Today they're in your home" sentence refers to the footsteps, not necessarily to two or more individuals. And, God, while Clear Lakes 44 may be an organization (and I think it is), I sure hope this mysterious TTA-esque figure is not part of an organization, and surely not of a "cult" (unless it's one of those pseudo-Lovecraftian shadow organizations as in the first season of True Detective). Cults are boring.

Quote:

It wasn't a cult I nailed it with the evil corp idea. It's a broadcast company. Troy has been reading up on numerology apparently. No way is 44 a one man organization but I won't write off the pseudo-Lovecraftian angle. That could still happen but I see no evidence for it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:04 pm
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

gennerx wrote:
lonsumtravlr wrote:
gennerx wrote:

Quote:

It wasn't a cult I nailed it with the evil corp idea. It's a broadcast company. Troy has been reading up on numerology apparently. No way is 44 a one man organization but I won't write off the pseudo-Lovecraftian angle. That could still happen but I see no evidence for it yet.

No no--I'm not saying that 44 itself is a one-man org. I'm wondering what relationship 44 has to this mysterious TTA-like figure.

As for it being a broadcast company such as a TV station, I'm starting to think it's some comprehensive security-slash-intelligence organization that also includes a media service that includes broadcasting.

This trailer seems wicked nineties or mid-aughts, and I love it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:24 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

lonsumtravlr wrote:
gennerx wrote:
lonsumtravlr wrote:
gennerx wrote:

Quote:

No no--I'm not saying that 44 itself is a one-man org. I'm wondering what relationship 44 has to this mysterious TTA-like figure.

As for it being a broadcast company such as a TV station, I'm starting to think it's some comprehensive security-slash-intelligence organization that also includes a media service that includes broadcasting.

This trailer seems wicked nineties or mid-aughts, and I love it.

Ok in that case he looks like a whistle blower either an employee of 44 pulling a Edward Snowden or a detective/PI/whatever who found out about the organisation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:33 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Okay, first, what's so bad about the idea of an SCP vlog?

Second, if this is some kind of TV station? Considering the tastes of the series creators? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/Videodrome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:21 am
gennerx
Unfettered

SilentMedusa wrote:
Okay, first, what's so bad about the idea of an SCP vlog?

Second, if this is some kind of TV station? Considering the tastes of the series creators? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/Videodrome

The only reason I don't want to see this become and SCP vlog is because the THAC team has done a great job of making their own lore and universe that
I hate to see them get lazy and use someone elses. You have a good point though with Videodrome. I'm willing to bet there will be a few similarities. This definitely looks like a mysterious pirate sort of station that you have to adjust your satellite perfectly to find and we know horrible things are going to begin happening on it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

I'm still thinking public access station gone bad, but that could just be my own biases. Obviously we don't have much to go on yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:57 am
gennerx
Unfettered

Zarggg wrote:
I'm still thinking public access station gone bad, but that could just be my own biases. Obviously we don't have much to go on yet.

They might go that way with it but if it's coming from a station that's in a phone book you have to deal with the idea that the police would eventually show up when things go bad. If it's a mysterious pirate signal that's hard to trace you don't have that complication. I'm not sure what kind of budget THAC has right now but I imagine they still want to keep things simple.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:04 pm
slendydreaming
Veteran

Here in Iowa, we have IPT, a public access TV station. They mostly air children's cartoons during the day and some either more obscure shows or older shows at night(like classic Doctor Who, Red Dwarf), but they also air shows that are similar to Fixin' to Fix it, Nature Break, and Space time express. Now, I do like the idea of this channel being run by people out in the middle of nowhere, adds the element of danger and mystery, plus it's not as "professional" than if it was being run by like an actual public TV station.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:15 pm
guillaume
Veteran

came back just to post this.

I have a theory that Clear Lakes 44 is a cult in some remote town that has cameras everywhere with some strange and possibly nefarious plan for all(or some) of the residents.

the cult may be behind a public access channel that we're seeing broadcasts from show up on youtube.

tim and brian could have just been lowly members of this cult, and now we're about to enter some really out there shit with overtones of omnipotence.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:49 pm
Slendy Dance Party
Boot

Maybe we should ask ourselves what elements from mh will be in this.
Will TO be relevant?
Will Proxies be used? (this may be linked with the footsteps as previously mentioned)
Why is the marblehornets site being updated IG

If TO is in this series (which may be a completely false guess) I have a few theories.

Maybe This place is where TO came from as he does have an affinity with water.
Maybe the lake is where TO transports victims.
Maybe the clear lake 44 is some public entity attempting to capture TO using cameras set up everywhere.

Or maybe this town is just full of kleptomaniacs!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:46 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

My take on the "MH connection": Hype. THAC has mentioned previously that the characters from Marble Hornets will not be present in this new series.

Until I see the Operator on screen or mentioned, I'm going to assume that he's not involved.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:35 pm
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: