Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:39 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] brian_test.wmv
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Ascalondion
Decorated

[Video] brian_test.wmv
44 related video on the MarbleHornets Youtube-Channel

So the new Blog update gave us this video.
brian_test.wmv

At first, it seems like there is no Brian in this. However, if you think about it, if we agree on Hoody being TTA for most of the time (or at least since season 2), then this video is indeed a test of Brian/Hoodys/TTAs persona, since sending creepy messages with eerie music are typical TTA.

However, why would Alex think that? Are we supposed to let the thought go that these updates are somewhat genuine and are only posted to late? No way Alex would think that TTA is a good persona for Brian. So, is this some sort of messages to us from whomever is messing with the stite that he is toying with us?

The text:

Quote:
Listen down the hallway
when you're all alone
there are quet footsteps coming
today they're in your home

THAC forums have already figured out that the first letters lead to the lwtt site. However, is that the sole purpose of the video? The message itself seems to resonate with the creepy sites we found on marblehornets.com, with footsteps, hallways and all that stuff. Is there some meaning to it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:21 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
gennerx
Unfettered

So this pretty much proves that 44 will be related to the events of the old series. Unless this is another guy who is also named Brian.

This looks like a failed TTA test video. Brian had to learn youtube skills at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:24 am
slendydreaming
Veteran

My question is does this video fit anywhere in the original series? Like we're thinking that the picture of someone outside the building(something watching) is around the time that Alex was holding auditions, where does this latest video go?

Also, the fact that the name Brian is in the title makes me think that either this happened after Alex had sacrificed Brian to the Operator, or that Brian himself uploaded the video. If Alex uploaded it, that possibly means he was sent it and uploaded it as protection for himself, but if Brian uploaded it, then maybe he's the one who's taken control of the channel. What does this mean though, with our last image of Brian lying still after falling and breaking his neck?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:33 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

slendydreaming wrote:
My question is does this video fit anywhere in the original series? Like we're thinking that the picture of someone outside the building(something watching) is around the time that Alex was holding auditions, where does this latest video go?

Also, the fact that the name Brian is in the title makes me think that either this happened after Alex had sacrificed Brian to the Operator, or that Brian himself uploaded the video. If Alex uploaded it, that possibly means he was sent it and uploaded it as protection for himself, but if Brian uploaded it, then maybe he's the one who's taken control of the channel. What does this mean though, with our last image of Brian lying still after falling and breaking his neck?

My guess would be this is at the very beginning, before the first TTA video but after Brian turned. There's no reason to believe that Brian lived through that fall. Who would have access to old discarded TTA footage is another question and why are they posting it.

Edit: Just realized the blog text is relevant to this question.

"Blog #8: Things are coming along nicely! I shot a screen test with Brian today. I wanted to make sure he’s is comfortable in the character’s skin before the cameras roll for real. He was fairly impressive considering it’s the first time he’s read the most up to date script.
It probably won’t be that interesting to anyone not looking at it from a director’s perspective, but here’s a link to some of the raw footage from today:
So I guess that puts this before Brian turned.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:38 pm
elford
Decorated

I tried listening to the hidden audio file from donotanswer (the gif that is of a hallway in black and white) and there seem to be taps after some of the beeps, of which there are 44. I'm not good at codes, but maybe someone who is can tell us if this is...something? Maybe the taps are the "quiet footsteps"?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:10 pm
og1764
Boot

elford wrote:
I tried listening to the hidden audio file from donotanswer (the gif that is of a hallway in black and white) and there seem to be taps after some of the beeps, of which there are 44. I'm not good at codes, but maybe someone who is can tell us if this is...something? Maybe the taps are the "quiet footsteps"?

Morse?
Binary?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:43 am
Mountain Goat
Greenhorn

/lwtt says to contact the admin. Guess we should email dscott again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Mountain Goat wrote:
/lwtt says to contact the admin. Guess we should email dscott again.

Someone in Unfiction has started doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:41 am
OneEyedGod
Decorated

Yes, I sent him an email asking about that new page.
No reply at the moment...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 am
gennerx
Unfettered

OneEyedGod wrote:
Yes, I sent him an email asking about that new page.
No reply at the moment...

No doubt this is an in game way of slowing things down till they get more material done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:16 pm
Elektrikhd
Boot

Almost like a Marble Hornets character, seeing these videos has reawakened me.

Anyway, first the obvious part. Everybody got that LWTT is the first letter of each line of the poem, right?

I took the word "error" in "brian_test.wmv" to mean that the video was more of an error in place of Brian's screen test, but that's still up for interpretation, and I think relatively moot at this point. The description is "1 2 3 4." Descriptions were important in MH, especially from TTA. I'm wondering if the "secret" videos are going to be like the TTA for this series. Perhaps it is suggesting each line of the poem can match up with each "Broadcast" video? It's a shot in the dark, but so far:

Broadcast 1 shows a few hallway shots for "Listen down the hallway "
Broadcast 2 shows some nature scenes and interior shots that either lack people or show one lone person for "when you're all alone "
Broadcast 3 shows footage where two different people walk for "there are quiet footsteps coming "

Broadcast 4 isn't up yet, but "today they're in your home" sounds a bit ominous. Once that goes up, that could easily break this idea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:44 pm
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: