Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:32 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
New series 44?
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 44 of 45 [662 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
theonewhoquestions
Unfettered

I was linked a timeline, linked again here:
http://forums.thac.tv/forum/main-forum/44/56855-clear-lakes-44-timeline-as-of-august-3rd-2015

And I noticed something. Are people still speculating about the entry for February the 26th, 2015? Because I've used OBS a lot and that just looks like the error you get when you specify an image that isn't there anymore to appear. I guess it could be a visual metaphor for someone going missing if you stretched it a bit, but more likely it's just an easy mistake to make.

Edit: You know, huh, probably been said but 404 is the code for a page not being found. The circle around the Clear Lakes 44 logo could be, nah... that seems a little farfetched. Forgive me, I'm making an OP for another site and noticed the o in Marblehornets.com appears between the 4s in the behind the scenes video. Probably coincidence. Unless they were trying to get at the theme of missing almost heavy-handedly and the OBS thing was more of the same. I also noticed the A and the K are on top of each other in the first video. Probably nothing.

Double Edit: Man, Alex is just like me, he also uses one template html file when doing a project and sometimes forgets to change the title.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:33 pm
Last edited by theonewhoquestions on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:04 am; edited 3 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
konatals
Boot

page 44, look at that

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:23 pm
wassupbro
Unfettered

they simply must post some new content on 8/8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:44 am
Vinny
Veteran

wassupbro wrote:

For what treason?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:38 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

wassupbro wrote:

Wish granted! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:29 am
ReeseSparrow
Decorated

*Realizez Alex's birthday is 4/4*

MOTHER OF GOD

Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:40 pm
kira1000
Decorated

kinda off-topic but...
if only TV's had an opt-in feature that could allow for series like this to appear mid-way through ads, THAT would be awesome considering these are "broadcasts", just my odd little thought. It'd be like "blech, another silly ad" when BAM-Clear Lakes comes up. If only...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:23 am
Craig Digsby
Unfettered

Marble Hornets watcher Iceman9910 had an interesting theory that I felt the need to add on to.

At the end of MH, both Tim and Jessica had been regularly visiting some kind of mental institution. Or to put it lightly, a psychiatric hospital of sorts. Throughout the broadcasts we've been given what looks pretty much like security camera footage.

Except there are security cameras where there shouldn't be.

Cane Man's room for example - at first it looks like a hotel room. But it can't be. No normal hotel has security cameras in its private rooms.

So - what if it's a mental institution? The same institution Tim and Jess went to. And what if, in this particular institution, doctors monitor their patients? They're on to something. The symptoms of many of their patients disturbingly match up. Coughing, paranoia, aggressiveness, headaches. They're all being affected by the same thing.

"Reliable. Dependable. We're always with you."

At first, these phrases sound very much like the motto of some kind of nursing home. But it could also very well be the motto of a mental ward that is housing Operator victims. The particular room Noah was in, that we saw empty in Broadcast #1?

Room 44.

Clear Lakes Psychiatric Hospital.

Also, I'm sure this has already been brought up, but when you Google D. Scott, you get D. Scott Rogo, who was a parapsychologist. According to Wikipedia:

"Parapsychology is a pseudoscience concerned with the investigation of paranormal and psychic phenomena."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 am
slendydreaming
Veteran

Digsby, I really like that idea! Makes me wonder if this is set back in time, back when the mental hospital was going, and if the staff knew about the Operator, or at least knew the pattern that all the victims showed, I can imagine someone getting paranoid and constantly checking the cameras, waiting to see if what the victims would rant about was real and actually did show up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:32 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

There's no evidence to contradict the mental hospital theory and it seems to work for a couple of reasons. 1. It keeps the tv signal localized so that law enforcement is less likely to find out whats going on. 2. If anyone did complain to law enforcement they wouldn't be believed. There's no reason to believe this is happening in the past though and that this is the same mental hospital mentioned in MH.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Elektrikhd
Boot

While there are a couple of finer points I could squabble over, the psychiatric institution is a fairly compelling theory for what's going on, one of the best I've heard so far.

I'm going to pick at a few details that I think might not jive well with it, but in a couple of cases I think I also have explanations as well.

Noah's room and Old Man's room don't look precisely like patient rooms, but the more modern approach is for more "home-like" environments whenever possible. It could be an extensive residential facility with large, gated grounds.

The store footage. Are stores normally part of psychiatric institutions? As far as I know, no, but if it's a residential facility, maybe there would be a store on-site where patients can buy some snacks and comfort items. It might even be useful for helping treat severe agoraphobics or something like that.

Some of the camera placements don't seem to be like normal surveillance cameras. But maybe they've been hidden in other locations so patients are unaware of being monitored.

44 is part of the title: Clear Lakes 44. I don't think it refers, then to room 44 or patient 44 or something like that. It feels more like a TV station name (i.e. Baltimore 45, New Jersey 23). So that one I'm not sure about.

I do like the theory, however. Toying with one of my own right now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm
Hazman
Entrenched

So I dunno if this has been pointed out or not but I just found that this has changed from the previous thing a week or so ago.
http://marblehornets.com/missing
If someone knows how to access the old versions of pages it'd be good to see if we can find out when it was changed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:30 am
rumjack
Greenhorn

My personal thoughts on the series:

I think that Clear Lakes will be far less plot-driven than many people expect. We know from MH that the creators are more concerned with mood, atmosphere and aesthetic than plot - you could surmise the whole story in half an hour but the reason the series is so successful is because it is has a distinct tone which creates it's creepyness and ambiguity. Similarly, from what we've seen so far, Clear Lakes may well be even less conventional in terms of storytelling. Perhaps the whole series will be based around the kind of dialogue-free vignettes we've seen so far, which might suggest at a narrative but leave the plot itself open to interpretation. Perhaps the entire series will be played out without a single named character. We expect plot twists and satisfying answers to every question, but we know that this isn't THAC's style. Plus it would give the fan base even more scope to invent their own theories to turn a loose narrative into a concrete story.

Anyway /rambling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:41 am
gennerx
Unfettered

rumjack wrote:
My personal thoughts on the series:

I think that Clear Lakes will be far less plot-driven than many people expect. We know from MH that the creators are more concerned with mood, atmosphere and aesthetic than plot - you could surmise the whole story in half an hour but the reason the series is so successful is because it is has a distinct tone which creates it's creepyness and ambiguity. Similarly, from what we've seen so far, Clear Lakes may well be even less conventional in terms of storytelling. Perhaps the whole series will be based around the kind of dialogue-free vignettes we've seen so far, which might suggest at a narrative but leave the plot itself open to interpretation. Perhaps the entire series will be played out without a single named character. We expect plot twists and satisfying answers to every question, but we know that this isn't THAC's style. Plus it would give the fan base even more scope to invent their own theories to turn a loose narrative into a concrete story.

Anyway /rambling

It's too soon to say but I think it's clear that they're going for more of an ARG rather then just a youtube series this time. That being said I take the delay for Broadcast 4 as a good sign. I believe the plot will be starting with it and all of this has just been build up. They're just baiting the hooks to keep us interested while they're getting the filming done.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 am
BrideOfCthulhu
Kilroy

The "Selected Archive Images" page now has, well, images.

http://www.marblehornets.com/lwtt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:51 pm
Page 44 of 45 [662 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: