Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
New series 44?
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 45 [662 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 43, 44, 45  Next
Timmy
Decorated

New series 44?

http://youtu.be/wvwA3Qrbz00?t=1m26s

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:40 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Vincent
Boot

I thought I was done with Troy's sick games.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:25 pm
KLind
Entrenched

Seems in line with the mysterious tweet. Also seems public access-y, which is definitely in line with the other THAC stuff. It'd be cool to see a series of different shows on a faux public access network connect into a much larger story of things going amiss.

Marrying horror with the humor of public access would be pretty great. Consider me interested!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:56 pm
Cyan507
Unfettered

i've been thinking about it and 44 sounds like a good name for a series. after watching Space Time Express I'm a little excited as they've mastered the weathered tape look perfectly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:24 pm
ledzepfilm
Entrenched

Interesting stuff. It's listed as the "follow up" series to MH and not as "our next series," so it may be tied more to MH than just it being on the same channel for some reason.

Also, inb4 show is called "44"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:25 pm
mrraincloud
Kilroy

I went frame by frame and took some screen caps.
44tree logo, a VHS time stamp at "-0:04:25", and what looks like the Operator's head.
44tree 2.png
 Description   
 Filesize   71.56KB
 Viewed   163 Time(s)

44tree 2.png

TimeStamp.png
 Description   
 Filesize   181.55KB
 Viewed   3881 Time(s)

TimeStamp.png

Operator.png
 Description   
 Filesize   1.16MB
 Viewed   162 Time(s)

Operator.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:22 pm
Cyan507
Unfettered

mrraincloud wrote:
44tree logo, a VHS time stamp at "-0:04:25", and what looks like the Operator's head.

intredasting, i got this one from around 1:34, looks kinda like Masky to me, but I dunno

I love the way the teaser looks though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:41 pm
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

mrraincloud wrote:

I don't see The Operator there. It looks more like Skully to me. Or a very, very, very, glowingly albino Joseph.

Either way, I can't wait for this thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:33 pm
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

Cyan507 wrote:
mrraincloud wrote:

intredasting, i got this one from around 1:34, looks kinda like Masky to me, but I dunno

I love the way the teaser looks though.

Again, looks more Skully-like to me--only redder.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 pm
darmam0o
Boot

How cute, someone still believes Skully is a thing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:46 am
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

darmam0o wrote:

Oh, ah ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa... NO! I merely said that either of those apparent face images look more like Skully than Masky or The Operator.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:16 am
Cyan507
Unfettered

darmam0o wrote:

hmmm, you should probably look at the AMA and listen to THAC's panel post Entry 87. They said they're very open to the idea of Skully still being out there. While they abandoned the whole idea, they said they won't rule it out, though it is unlikely they will follow up on that. I'm only seeing masky because the eyes and mouth are very distinctive, as Masky's mouthpice was a pouty mouth with black lips Skully's was teeth and the face doesn't appear to have that teeth-y grin but rather thick black lips. It's probably neither though.

Though a series about the Mask clan is unlikely, it would be so awesome. By the look of the teaser it looks like the story might take place on a Channel called 44, like Channel 44. Maybe they'll name the youtube to that (if that's even possible). If the youtube channel became this fictional channel 44 then I have to say I'm impressed with how THAC have used social media to create a fourth wall again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:32 am
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

Cyan507 wrote:
Though a series about the Mask clan is unlikely, it would be so awesome. By the look of the teaser it looks like the story might take place on a Channel called 44, like Channel 44. Maybe they'll name the youtube to that (if that's even possible). If the youtube channel became this fictional channel 44 then I have to say I'm impressed with how THAC have used social media to create a fourth wall again.

What if they're creating something like a universe with its own mythos, and many if not all of their longer projects (even the comedy one that's supposed to come) are within it? That would be pretty damn cool.

I know they want to do humor, and they're really good at it, and they should keep doing it. But I'd be surprised if they gave the horror/suspense/sci-fi up for good after "44", because they are so damned good at it.

And horror/suspense/sci-fi is amenable to the kind of darker humor that the THAC boys can do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:11 am
darmam0o
Boot

Cyan507 wrote:
By the look of the teaser it looks like the story might take place on a Channel called 44, like Channel 44. Maybe they'll name the youtube to that (if that's even possible). If the youtube channel became this fictional channel 44 then I have to say I'm impressed with how THAC have used social media to create a fourth wall again.

You mean, to rename the Marble Hornets channel and to set it up as a fictional Channel 44 which supposedly broadcasted the original series in the past? That would be so awesome! Would cover all the problems: same channel (with subscribers), same universe, new series... Wow. I didn't even think about it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:01 am
Cyan507
Unfettered

darmam0o wrote:
Cyan507 wrote:
By the look of the teaser it looks like the story might take place on a Channel called 44, like Channel 44. Maybe they'll name the youtube to that (if that's even possible). If the youtube channel became this fictional channel 44 then I have to say I'm impressed with how THAC have used social media to create a fourth wall again.

You mean, to rename the Marble Hornets channel and to set it up as a fictional Channel 44 which supposedly broadcasted the original series in the past? That would be so awesome! Would cover all the problems: same channel (with subscribers), same universe, new series... Wow. I didn't even think about it.

I dunno...before the teaser the idea I had was the MH universe only stretched as far as Rosswood and Tim's town (half in a literal sense if you get me) and that the channel would be renamed to accommodate MH, the new series and whatever's next. And in doing so naming the channel "The Rosswood files or the Rosswood videos" which broadly keeps the content on the channel in the same universe but doesn't confine them to any particular part of the timeline or any given eventuality. What I mean is that it's extremely likely Troy and Joseph will appear in (let's call it for now) 44, maybe not as Jay and Alex but since the MH universe was never short of inconsistencies don't rule out the possibility of being presented with a scenario where neither or them died.

EDIT: I know I'm grasping at straws here but the presence of a tree in the 44 logo is notable, about 70% of the known MH universe is shrouded in woodland, so it's still feels relevant to MH, someone earlier mentioned public access tv which I don't know a lot about but seems like a five star idea for the series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 am
Page 1 of 45 [662 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 43, 44, 45  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: