Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Ascend
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 73 [1094 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 71, 72, 73  Next
Cheza
Boot

The About page on the youtube channel has a transcript of the video.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Welcome! We represent a philosophical movement. We can help you see the hidden truth. For example, there is no way to tell what is real. As there is no way to tell what is real, there is no way to tell whether gods or higher powers exist. Life should not be taken seriously. Anyone who takes life too seriously or is unhappy needs to be saved by this philosophy. Absurdism, surrealism and detachment from reality are all healthy and should be encouraged. These truths can be collectively described as Ascensionism. Ascensionism is not a religion or sect. Anyone can become an Ascensionist, regardless of their religious beliefs or lack thereof. Anyone can ascend and leave reality if they follow Ascensionism's teachings. There are several basic levels of ascension, but after these levels are completed the journey is ongoing for the rest of your life. Those who have reached the first level have already begun to see the truth. Ascend today!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:07 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cheza
Boot

A second image was posted to their Facebook.

It contains the text: ZINXL/Z1-ERCD

EDIT: I just realized aklreaxmer already uncovered this.
1043915_379408498828651_1352018727_n.png
 Description   
 Filesize   56.91KB
 Viewed   3811 Time(s)

1043915_379408498828651_1352018727_n.png

2.png
 Description   
 Filesize   2.43KB
 Viewed   4119 Time(s)

2.png

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 am
jono
Decorated

Well image two is the single most creepy thing I have ever seen. Thanks for that....

I find the use of that major scale to be intersting. It could just be filler but it seems oddly sampled enough to be intentional.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:49 am
calivica
Boot

So, i received an e-mail 14 hours ago from ASCEND. It had no subject or text, just this image.

Any ideas??
Also, has anyone tried to analyze the piano tune? I don't know... i feel something weird about it...

EDIT: Analyzing the image, it has ASCEND written in white at the top, the symbol of the ASCEND at the bottom and a few letters written over the image. From what i could read (by editing the image and enhancing it a little) the letters are:
UTHXJQDQVQAGQSSIUQSHJIHEKWSJKWRBXQIAIDQKFJQDQSIVKRBRYVCHYVEWDRMKGISMQVBHKBIENJQFYDSHFKWDVWGXQDSKFHJQVQASHJQERRFKRRKAWZAYHJNIGIYSLWZJXVIRAIESAISIRWMYBXWHHQDFRE

Good luck deciphering... My head hurts from trying to read that stuff...

EDIT 2: I've done a little research and it seems that image is a photo of the "Ascension" sculpture, from Lucien Wercollier. There are two versions of it. The one from the image resides in Strassen, Luxembourg. The other resides in Washington, D.C., ordered as a present for president Kennedy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:08 pm
Last edited by calivica on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
arthurdent11389
Decorated

hi calivica,

Thanks for passing on the info and suggestions.

But can you upload the picture attachment to your e-mail (I think no-one else can access it unless they are logged on to your g-mail acct, and you wouldn't want that - Hi NSA !)

I think I may have decoded the letter string, but need to check something in the picture first.

Ascend Today ! (sounds like Stargate)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:39 pm
MrToasty
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Ok, having partially decoded that string above, it mentions new messages and a tinyurl link. Took a bit to see what it was pointing to as the transcribed string may be a bit off, but it leads to:
tinyurl.com/ascendtoday

More to work on at the link Smile

ETA:
In the video, still looking at semaphore but at least visible is -1.474879, 32.615098
Puts you here:
http://bit.ly/19kGm8R
Nabuyongo Island
Tanzania

ETA2: If we can get the image up to look at the transcription, there is more to be had from the message.
The partial decode seems to mention the 'first four numbers of the news they'll follow up with' something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:05 pm
jono
Decorated

Well the guy with the flags is indulging in a bit of Semaphore. I never thought my knowledge of this would come in handy.

But we have an issue. See it depends how we define front, as semaphore is meant to be read when you are facing the person, so this could have two answers.

Front Back
F/6 B/2

W O

Loop Loop

W O

Loop Loop

L *cancel*

*rest* *rest*

L *cancel*

So yeah..useful...

Also that looks a Buddhist temple most likley from Japan. I have seen or visted it but I am trying to place its exact location.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:18 pm
MrToasty

Yep, was at the same place thinking that front and back matter. I'm thinking this may not be English but Japanese Semaphore:
http://web.archive.org/web/20110722122038/http://www.scoutnet.or.jp/~innami/tebata.html

ETA: looking at which side the red and white flags are on tells us this should be read as backawards. These signals seem to fit the first section of the above page and I am wondering if they are to be interpreted as numbers.

ETA2: using that page I get numbers like 86060353 but that doesn't seem to work for me using the phone number.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:20 pm
Elethamei
Unfettered

There's also another set of coordinates in the video http://tinyurl.com/ogje8qd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 pm
MrToasty

calivica wrote:
Analyzing the image, it has ASCEND written in white at the top, the symbol of the ASCEND at the bottom and a few letters written over the image.

I can see the ASCEND and the eye, but I must be blind as I'm not seeing the rest. Where specifically are the letters?

And nice catch Elethamei, I completely overlooked that set. Razz

ETA: Ah, think I found them in the blue channel. I'm assuming the original is larger though as they are waaaay too small to read in this image.

ETA2: You can always upload the original image here as an attachment rather than to an online service and getting a link.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:37 pm
calivica
Boot

Quote:
I'm assuming the original is larger though as they are waaaay too small to read in this image.

Yes, you're right. Sorry, kinda newbie into this forums and ARG stuff... Rolling Eyes
Now the image is attached...
.png
 Description   
 Filesize   3.41MB
 Viewed   408 Time(s)

.png

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 pm
MrToasty

OK, letters I get:
UTHXJQDQVQAGQSSIUQSHJIHEKWSJKWRBXQIAIDQKFJQDQSIVKRBRYVCHYVEWDRMKGISMQVBHKBIEHJQFYDSHFKWDVWGXQDSKFHJQVQASHJQERRFKRRKAWZAYHJNIGIYSLWZJXVIRAIESAISIRWMYBXWHHQDFRE

and mostly decrypted:
GZTB HERE NEW MESSAGES THAT YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF HERES AN OLD LINK TINYURLCOMASCENDTODAY THE FIRST FOUR NUMBERS OF THE NEWS THEY LL FOLLOW UP WITH JAMA IS VUPHBN ALWAYS WAS A LUCID BUTTER FLY

Obviously a few pairs to decypher yet, but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm
GuestUser17
Entrenched

MrToasty wrote:
ETA2: using that page I get numbers like 86060353 but that doesn't seem to work for me using the phone number.

You need to use that number when you dial 1-320-227-2363. It will then ask you to enter a message identifier.

Surprise, surprise - the message identifier is 4 numbers long. Smile I could try brute forcing it but I think we will be given the 4 numbers before then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 pm
Last edited by GuestUser17 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
MrToasty

GuestUser17 wrote:
MrToasty wrote:

You need to use that number when you dial 1-320-227-2363. It will then ask you to enter a message identifier.

Surprise, surprise - the message identifier is 4 numbers long. Smile I could try brute forcing it but I think we will be given the 4 numbers before then.

OK, so it did work then? I assumed it hadn't when I heard the message identifier bit. Cool Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:33 pm
GuestUser17
Entrenched

MrToasty wrote:
GuestUser17 wrote:
MrToasty wrote:

OK, so it did work then? I assumed it hadn't when I heard the message identifier bit. Cool Smile

It works but I don't have the 4 numbers yet. Trying to do actual work between pressing buttons is not working too well for me. Will have to get back to this later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:37 pm
Page 2 of 73 [1094 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 71, 72, 73  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: