Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide
 
The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:08 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Ascend
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 72 of 73 [1094 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Author Message
VioletSage
Boot


Joined: 23 May 2015
Posts: 38

SilentKyle wrote:
Finally got around to transcribing the Tenet 304 video. Here is what I have so far:
[11:25]
Spoiler (Rollover to View):

Privileged facsimile commencino 1959 never ending its 2014 and AO still ascending
If it really was scribed by A86-WJCR Al-VIXW, A91-XHXC A34-NVRQ and
A7-IXHU readily all pulled together on this one

Even if they first [purst?] it fifty-five ago in America. A61-VCLZ still [grilled?] his
hand through the floor but doesn't get a thorn crown apparently so.

This was the seminal cup ceremony so obviously no-one breached yet. She
Promised to take her contribution so might as well right?

Break him in +1-320-ASCEND because it's not like he was anything better to do
cryin' at 11 at n ight. Probably help you too just make sure the judge knows
about it and you've got your ears on tight


1959 Was around the time the Cold War was escalating, a lot of things related to the spin up of nukes and ICBMs were being used/tested. Perhaps their refering to something related to Nuclear Weapons?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_in_the_United_States

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentKyle
Boot

Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 54

VioletSage wrote:
SilentKyle wrote:
Finally got around to transcribing the Tenet 304 video. Here is what I have so far:
[11:25]
Spoiler (Rollover to View):

Privileged facsimile commencino 1959 never ending its 2014 and AO still ascending
If it really was scribed by A86-WJCR Al-VIXW, A91-XHXC A34-NVRQ and
A7-IXHU readily all pulled together on this one

Even if they first [purst?] it fifty-five ago in America. A61-VCLZ still [grilled?] his
hand through the floor but doesn't get a thorn crown apparently so.

This was the seminal cup ceremony so obviously no-one breached yet. She
Promised to take her contribution so might as well right?

Break him in +1-320-ASCEND because it's not like he was anything better to do
cryin' at 11 at n ight. Probably help you too just make sure the judge knows
about it and you've got your ears on tight


1959 Was around the time the Cold War was escalating, a lot of things related to the spin up of nukes and ICBMs were being used/tested. Perhaps their refering to something related to Nuclear Weapons?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_in_the_United_States


Its possible, the year 1945 is even mentioned by the narrator during the war parts of the video. Something interesting is all the names I mentioned above were actually characters when the whole prison/game-board was being used. I don't believe they were people from here though, characters made up by the admin more than likely.

As for the other parts of the video, I have no idea how we could easily be able to read all the text without it taking hours and hours with very slow progress. I'm not experienced with any video editing software. Do you think it would be possible for someone who is to somehow crop the video at parts where the text gets obstructed where we could get a more clear way to read it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Trexryel
Greenhorn

Joined: 09 Feb 2017
Posts: 4

This might not help at all, but can anyone decode this? It was sent to me by the Ascensionism Records twitter account.
Untitled.png
 Description   what was sent
 Filesize   4.62KB
 Viewed   758 Time(s)

Untitled.png


PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
lolitsdrew
Greenhorn

Joined: 10 Feb 2017
Posts: 8

Quote:
can anyone decode this?



Ordura Arte is Basque for "Until then" According to my good friends at Google Translate, and it looks like the numbers are some form of time measurement based on the clock next to it. That's my best guess anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
VioletSage
Boot


Joined: 23 May 2015
Posts: 38

Trexryel wrote:
This might not help at all, but can anyone decode this? It was sent to me by the Ascensionism Records twitter account.


Ordura Arte (Language Basque, under 1million native speakers): hours / "Until Then"

27111852 : Could be a date or time, not sure. I thought it might be epoch time (the number of seconds since 1970) but its not.

A.D.A..M.BV91: no idea

=/= : Does not equal

AB.DV: Abby Davies (The wife of a main character)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Trexryel
Greenhorn

Joined: 09 Feb 2017
Posts: 4

Trexryel wrote:
This might not help at all, but can anyone decode this? It was sent to me by the Ascensionism Records twitter account.


Maybe the numbers represent the 27th of November, 1852? Ada Lovelace, mathematician, sometimes considered to be the first computer programmer, died on that day. Maybe Lovelace has no connection, but maybe something else happened on that day. Sourced from reddit thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentKyle
Boot

Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 54

This image showed up on one of the songs playing on AMNA-D



I found a Wikipedia article on a "Boris Vian". Ill look into it and see if anything is related.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Vian

http://www.college-de-pataphysique.fr/index.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
JR_ADELAIDE
Kilroy

Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Posts: 1

Hi there I'm new to this forum but just wondering if any one has seen the website that Markelus Carter (the guy that always comments on Ascension records FB page) posted a few days ago?

https://centerofnowhere.000webhostapp.com/Welcome.html

not sure if this is completely relevant sorry this is my first post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentKyle
Boot

Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 54

JR_ADELAIDE wrote:
Hi there I'm new to this forum but just wondering if any one has seen the website that Markelus Carter (the guy that always comments on Ascension records FB page) posted a few days ago?

https://centerofnowhere.000webhostapp.com/Welcome.html

not sure if this is completely relevant sorry this is my first post


About 2 weeks ago I noticed his website, and I believe that I solved all his "puzzles" on there. I kinda cheated as Mark wanted you to have to decode the morse and use techniques on the images to find the passwords, but if you look into the source code on the pages you can easily find what they were. I still don't know if Mark/John Titor are apart of the ARG, but I am fairly certain that its the same person running both the Mark Carter and John Titor accounts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Trexryel
Greenhorn

Joined: 09 Feb 2017
Posts: 4

Trexryel wrote:
Maybe the numbers represent the 27th of November, 1852? Ada Lovelace, mathematician, sometimes considered to be the first computer programmer, died on that day. Maybe Lovelace has no connection, but maybe something else happened on that day. Sourced from reddit thread.


I think Ada Lovelace might be somehow related, as they did favourite my tweet and reply to it with some weird stuff. However I don't know if this twitter account is a fraud or not. Can someone find out, if it's not gibberish, what this could mean?
sda.png
 Description   gibberish?
 Filesize   30.77KB
 Viewed   14 Time(s)

sda.png


PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentKyle
Boot

Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 54

Trexryel wrote:
Trexryel wrote:
Maybe the numbers represent the 27th of November, 1852? Ada Lovelace, mathematician, sometimes considered to be the first computer programmer, died on that day. Maybe Lovelace has no connection, but maybe something else happened on that day. Sourced from reddit thread.


I think Ada Lovelace might be somehow related, as they did favourite my tweet and reply to it with some weird stuff. However I don't know if this twitter account is a fraud or not. Can someone find out, if it's not gibberish, what this could mean?


When talking to Mark Carter on facebook, he sometimes uses a "slurred" speech. Kinda like how "Its thimple " could be read like "Its simple". I'm not sure if the message above could be something like that, but its something to think about.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:55 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SelkieMaiden
Boot


Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 13

Trexryel wrote:
Trexryel wrote:
Maybe the numbers represent the 27th of November, 1852? Ada Lovelace, mathematician, sometimes considered to be the first computer programmer, died on that day. Maybe Lovelace has no connection, but maybe something else happened on that day. Sourced from reddit thread.


I think Ada Lovelace might be somehow related, as they did favourite my tweet and reply to it with some weird stuff. However I don't know if this twitter account is a fraud or not. Can someone find out, if it's not gibberish, what this could mean?


Folks over on /r/UnresolvedMysteries/ discovered that it's actually an anagram. Which results in this:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
"Feel better after lobotomy"


Kinda creepy...

JR_ADELAIDE wrote:
Hi there I'm new to this forum but just wondering if any one has seen the website that Markelus Carter (the guy that always comments on Ascension records FB page) posted a few days ago?

https://centerofnowhere.000webhostapp.com/Welcome.html

not sure if this is completely relevant sorry this is my first post


That site is most likely a very elaborate art project though, I haven't found connections to the ARG except maybe the huge eye.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentKyle
Boot

Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 54

The twitter account today did not post a tweet at its usual time. I wonder if it will stop posting daily now..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentKyle
Boot

Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 54

The radio station started back up this morning. It is currently playing the old October 16th update message on repeat. We might be getting something new soon?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Manspider
Veteran

Joined: 08 Jun 2015
Posts: 72

Endzo wrote:
VioletSage wrote:
I disagree that people are losing interest. Yes some could be, but why would people who seemed so involved and so interested all of a sudden stop working on this and give up? Those people who gave up are still very active on the forums but they seem to be avoiding this.

Occam's razor. Sometimes the simplest answer is the one to first consider. People even said so in the topic. They were losing interest and the unusual progress and pacing of the game in general made it difficult to stay on board with.
Cool

From what we can tell, Ascensionism is a single person who has a lot going on in life outside of the ARG. I think that leads to a couple of frustrations that are responsible for a lot of players dropping out. The pace is slow and sporadic, which is understandable but requires persistence from players. The other issue is that threads never seem to wrap up. We get pretty far with something like the weather map, which took a ton of effort from a bunch of people, but it suddenly ends without an answer and something new replaces it. Engaging, but not always satisfying.

I dropped off the face of Unfiction when I started a new job in the fall. I don't have time for it these days, even though this is a great ARG. The theme is decently spooky and the challenges are something else. They're novel and often ridiculously complex. I'm actually impressed that Ascensionism remains so interesting and consistently draws new players in. For an ARG that has run this long, it's understandable that people get busy or lose interest over time.

If I had to describe it, Ascensionism feels like being locked in a madman's home theater. Most of the time, the screen is black and the only noise is the hazy echo of a radio. Occasionally the screen shows short cuts from an incredible movie, but it's in a completely random order and you only get a couple minutes before the screen goes black again. So you wait in the dark for the next clip, your mind wanders, and you hope that one day you might understand.

I hope you're all doing well. Ascensionism is a hell of a ride.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 72 of 73 [1094 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group