Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:31 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Ascend
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 71 of 73 [1094 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Endzo
Decorated

VioletSage wrote:
I disagree that people are losing interest. Yes some could be, but why would people who seemed so involved and so interested all of a sudden stop working on this and give up? Those people who gave up are still very active on the forums but they seem to be avoiding this.

Occam's razor. Sometimes the simplest answer is the one to first consider. People even said so in the topic. They were losing interest and the unusual progress and pacing of the game in general made it difficult to stay on board with.
GuestUser17 wrote:
I was playing along with this when it first came out and had fun decoding the images and codes. I kinda lost interest when it switched to the story mode...

VioletSage wrote:
Someone once managed to get in contact with a live person on the RAQ line and when they asked a question, the person responded with "Who is Abby Davies.". Not sure whatever happened to that discovery :/

What would you propose be done with that information? It continues to confirm that Abby Davies is a character, but gives us nothing more to build on for pursuit. People have tried to gleam more information about her, but we haven't gained much. Asking direct questions to the admin tends to result in philosophic responses, which tend to have no relation to the topic. Like many thin threads, it has been dropped for now. If you have ideas for a new logical approach, folks are open to listening and seeing if anything can be done with it.

VioletSage wrote:
In another note, this could be a "red haring" but why is amandel talking strange? Could he/she/they be a hint?

She isn't speaking oddly at all. What are you talking about?

We need to stop chasing after players in the lulls of this ARG (if it even is one any more) and focus back on solid info given from the game maker and that one person alone, not the players or fanfiction created by them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:33 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
VioletSage
Boot

Yea fuck me for trying to help out, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:42 pm
Endzo
Decorated

VioletSage wrote:
Yea fuck me for trying to help out, right?

I'm not attacking you, just asking what you feel was missed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:40 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

Update Time!

Admin Posted this on the facebook page:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Sincere apologies to all for recent delay due to weather-related distribution outages. Transmission supply back and generators restored. Thank you for your patience during this time.

I also received an email saying sorry for the delays, and that a local emergency has been recently resolved, which contained this:
OIIOIOOO
OOIIOOOI
OOIOOOOO
OOIIOOOI
OOIOOOOO
OIIIOOII
OIIIOOOO
OOIIOOOI
OOIOOOOO
OIIOOOOI
OOIOOOOO
OOIIOIOO
OOIOIIOI
OIIIOIII
OIIOOOOI
OIIIIOOI
OOIOOOOO
OIIIOIOO
OOIIOOOI
OOIOOOOO
OIIIOOII
OOIIOOOI

Which translate (binary) to:
h1 1 sp1 a 4-way t1 s1

Which I believe is saying:
"Hi I spy a 4-way tie sigh" Referring to the poll which did have a 4 way tie, but it seems it doesn't any longer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:25 pm
Endzo
Decorated

New FB post: https://www.facebook.com/AscendToday/posts/784109998358497

Sincere apologies to all for recent delay due to weather-related distribution outages. Transmission supply back and generators restored. Thank you for your patience during this time.

And new vote is up: https://pollev.com/ascendtoday506

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:26 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

New track began playing called "MarCar - Long Range Communication" It had SSTV sounds in which give the following image:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:29 pm
themightymooker
Veteran

I wonder if this apology post means things are finally back to, you know, happening? Maybe the PM stalled for a very long time in order to get more of an endgame in line? Or maybe I'm just too optimistic for my own good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:05 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

Not sure who all is following this still, but I think we need to take a closer look at Mark Carter. He posted some pictures on facebook of this "spa" which could be the isolation tanks that have been talked about. I know a lot of people think he might be a red herring, but we don't really have much to go off of now anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:55 pm
Endzo
Decorated

The latest poll, which had been recently closed, is now completely removed. The current vote link leads to a blank pollev page.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

After messaging the admin through twitter requesting an update, I received this reply this morning: "555-34120486-974" Any ideas on what this could be?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:05 pm
amandel
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Hi SilentKyle et al. Fond memories drew me like a lodestone to this thread & noticed something about your nbrs you might want to tweet to the Ascend Admin...
Yup, it's odd 'tho am surmising it's not coincidental
Breaking down your nbr. string above into duos as "55 53 41 20 48 69 74" converts in HEX code to:"USA Hit"

Foremost, Props to y'all for remaining so steadfast and supportive of each other. Was only here for an instant yet this thread remains a pleasure to read. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
afternoonofthefaun
Boot

So is this picking up speed again? Sorry for the "weather related delays"?

Maybe some shit will go down. That'd be great.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:43 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

No things aren't really picking up. Its been more than a month since anything new has happened on the radio station, but I am still actively recording them in case anything new pops up. I have contacted the admin through twitter multiple times and still haven't received a response. I guess we wait until something new happens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:27 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

New audio started playing today on AMNA-D, MarCar - Tokyo Spa, it has SSTV audio which gives this picture:

This also basically confirms that Mark Carter is involved somewhat in what is going on. A few weeks ago he posted several pictures taking about this "spa" that only a few people knew what it was. After talking to him about it, the owner of the spa was mad at Mark for posting the pictures and they have since been removed. But I am 100% certain that this picture was one of the posted pictures.

I don't really know what this means, and I feel like I'm the only one keeping up with this, but I will continue to post updates as they happen.

Got a high quality picture of the above picture. Notice there is writing above where it says Tokyo Spa, but I can't make out what it says.
http://i.imgur.com/QYsiU9L.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 am
SilentKyle
Boot

Finally got around to transcribing the Tenet 304 video. Here is what I have so far:
[11:25]

Privileged facsimile commencino 1959 never ending its 2014 and AO still ascending
If it really was scribed by A86-WJCR Al-VIXW, A91-XHXC A34-NVRQ and
A7-IXHU readily all pulled together on this one

Even if they first [purst?] it fifty-five ago in America. A61-VCLZ still [grilled?] his
hand through the floor but doesn't get a thorn crown apparently so.

This was the seminal cup ceremony so obviously no-one breached yet. She
Promised to take her contribution so might as well right?

Break him in +1-320-ASCEND because it's not like he was anything better to do
cryin' at 11 at n ight. Probably help you too just make sure the judge knows
about it and you've got your ears on tight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:05 pm
Page 71 of 73 [1094 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: