Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[VIDEO] Entry #60.5
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 33 [484 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 31, 32, 33  Next
Flyleaf(IntoTheMist)Wolfi
Entrenched

Starkley wrote:
Also, to the above, Tim would have been 3. Alex was like 6? The people at the birthday party all looked to be similar ages, and Tim has said he only knew Alex through Brian, but that could be a lie...

I think they were 4-5. There are 5 candles on Alex's cake, and Tim could be 4-5 which would put Tim at 6-7, and both in 2nd grade in 1995.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:37 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Starkley
Unfettered

xxmintt wrote:
Starkley wrote:

Either way, Tim didn't give the slenders to Alex... Considering that Alex's Slendy adventures began 4 years earlier.

The Operator in enttry #37 appeared to be nothing more than an overlay; there's no reason why it would mean that Alex was having Slender-like-tendencies that early on. Totheark is weird. Feel like if he really wanted to show Slendy in action that early on, he could have found actual footage of Slendy.

Flyleaf(IntoTheMist)Wolfi wrote:
I think they were 4-5. There are 5 candles on Alex's cake, and Tim could be 4-5 which would put Tim at 6-7, and both in 2nd grade in 1995.

Also, as xxmintt said, Tim was 6-7 in 1995. Alex was 5 in 1991, so four years ago Tim would have been 2-3. It's kind of a significant age difference.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:43 pm
Jordan
Entrenched

Can you guys just cut Pravado some slack? If you don't like his posts, don't respond to them.

As for this entry, the guys have work and real life commitments, it's amazing that we get anything at all. As for Jay not finding humour in his situation, he was kind of snarky about the redacted time Tim had ran away from home, but I just think Jay is waay too past it to find anything in his situation funny. From his perspective, it doesn't look like Tim is in any shape to help him at all (although I do think Tim is probably going to want to look for answers, if he isn't lying about remembering anything or someone else is going to start helping Jay soon), The Operator is back and he's no closer to finding out about what happened to Jessica and getting back to a normal life.

Starkey, can you be a little bit more...well...positive, please? This is a fun little community and while I understand your passionate about proving your arguement, I think your just getting a little bit too carried way. Marble Hornets is meant to be fun Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:47 pm
Last edited by Jordan on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
tijde
Unfettered

Easy-6 wrote:
It says 1/10/____
It could have been an immigrant working there that filled it out, making it 1st of October.

I checked that out, actually. Didn't see anything of significance in the wiki, but of course you're welcome to check too. More eyes would be better.

Av source (not me)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:49 pm
xxmintt
Boot

Starkley wrote:
xxmintt wrote:
Starkley wrote:

Either way, Tim didn't give the slenders to Alex... Considering that Alex's Slendy adventures began 4 years earlier.

The Operator in enttry #37 appeared to be nothing more than an overlay; there's no reason why it would mean that Alex was having Slender-like-tendencies that early on. Totheark is weird. Feel like if he really wanted to show Slendy in action that early on, he could have found actual footage of Slendy.

Flyleaf(IntoTheMist)Wolfi wrote:

Also, as xxmintt said, Tim was 6-7 in 1995. Alex was 5 in 1991, so four years ago Tim would have been 2-3. It's kind of a significant age difference.

I don't know about your families, but when I was little, my family would put an extra candle on the cake for good luck... Maybe Alex was turning 4, with a candle for good luck. So, assuming that tiny Tim was 7-8 (some of my friends were 8 in second grade), it could make sense. I don't know. I was just throwing out a theory that maybe Alex and Tim go way back? Or, even if he wasn't attending his birthday parties, Alex was affected by Slenderman first. When they got into elementary school, they became friends on the playground, and maybe Alex introduced him to his tall, faceless friend?

EDIT: Sorry if some of this seems random and slightly pointless, but I just figured it was an interesting theory and something to take note of.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:56 pm
Starkley
Unfettered

Jordan wrote:

As for this entry, the guys have work and real life commitments, it's amazing that we get anything at all. He was kind of snarky about the redacted time Tim had ran away from home, but I just think Jay is waay too past it to find anything in his situation funny. From his perspective, it doesn't look like Tim is in any shape to help him at all (although I do think Tim is probably going to want to look for answers, if he isn't lying about remembering anything or someone else is going to start helping Jay soon), The Operator is back and he's no closer to finding out about what happened to Jessica and getting back to a normal life.

Starky, can you be a little bit more...well...positive, please? This is a fun little community and while I understand your passionate about proving your arguement, I think your just getting a little bit too carried way. Marble Hornets is meant to be fun Smile

Oh, I get that, like I said, I understand the IG reasons for Jay to be kind of really down right now. My point is just that because of the bland background, bland tone, and bland video effects, this entry just comes off as...bland. Which I guess is the point; film-wise that's skillfully manufactured mood, but after waiting two weeks for an update and hoping for something cool to happen to make sense of why it took so long, it's kind of a letdown is all. I still enjoyed it and enjoyed picking it apart - that's why I went really into it, sorry if I come off as intense - I just see the point of view of people who think it's a bit disappointing is all. Entry #60 was a great ride, I'm good for now. Cool

Quote:
I don't know about your families, but when I was little, my family would put an extra candle on the cake for good luck... Maybe Alex was turning 4, with a candle for good luck. So, assuming that tiny Tim was 7-8 (some of my friends were 8 in second grade), it could make sense. I don't know. I was just throwing out a theory that maybe Alex and Tim go way back? Or, even if he wasn't attending his birthday parties, Alex was affected by Slenderman first. When they got into elementary school, they became friends on the playground, and maybe Alex introduced him to his tall, faceless friend?

I've never had that before, actually, so that's news. It's a nice story, I just don't really buy into things unless I can support them with something more concretee. But this is MH, so twists could happen anywhereee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:01 am
Blank_Zero
Unfettered

pravado wrote:
Blank_Zero wrote:
Nothing really surprising in this video. Things I did notice kind of off-hand though:

1. No mention of Tim's Father whatsoever.

2. Falling and Seizures only seen in #18 really.

3. Jan 10, XXXX is probably important, but the entire page being redacted is a huge red flag for me.

4. Ran away to Rosswood Park at some point in his life. Not sure for how long though.

One of the things I find interesting is the fact that the term "Redacted" is used frequently.

Redaction is typically used for hiding sensitive information in documents, usually names, dates, or important information. So the fact that Jay has these records indicates there is a larger portion of information he doesn't know yet.

To sum it up, the information he got is basically useless junk that was ok to share. The juicy stuff got blanked out. So someone is still hiding information from Jay, but is teasing him by saying, "Here you go, you can know this much for now."

OOG
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Personally, I think the entirety of the last two entries has been a big Red Herring in terms of plot, direction, etc. I can understand why Pravado is ticked off right now. We've just been given a big, fat "fuck you", in terms of information.

And for those of you wanting to argue over the use of the term "redacted", I'd like to point out that the term is also strongly associated with documents with sensitive information, especially those documents used by the military or Information agencies. All documents must be gone over and have their sensitive info redacted before being released to the public.

Basically that, yeah. I feel like they're being lazy with writing out the story for this season and are just dragging along one idea that they came up with into 10+ entries rather than forming a few new ideas that they could implement throughout the 10+ entries.The story feels incredibly basic at this point and I was hoping for something a little more intricate with all the awesomeness we were dealt around mid-season 2. Every time a new entry comes out I feel like they're just undoing what they built up in the previous entry, not really like a red herring but you know what i mean. (ex. if tim is lying about things, then entry 59 is actually not important to the story, but that also means entries 53/54, whatever else has tim talking to jay in, is also not important because it's not truthful information - in which case they would have made better deleted scenes than actual entries). and while someone can say "but it is important for tims character" - i just don't see it that way. I get that it takes a while to tell Tim's story, but it's something they should have done throughout season 2, or at the very least not relied on it to be the entire plot this late in the game. it doesn't feel like a slenderman series anymore, it feels like a psychological breakdown of one of the side characters.

and crossing out the important information really felt like a slap in the face. the one time we might find out something that will tell us well... ANYTHING (we've literally gotten no answers to anything worthwhile besides the reveal of masky, everything else has just brought up more questions than answers) hoody crosses the information out so they have something to reveal later on (and to me, that says that they don't have much to reveal overall if that's the case, so they're saving what they do have, and suddenly my expectations drop)

i would have probably been less peeved if this video was attached to entry #60. and i know i'm being hypocritical since i've told people to be patient, but two weeks is entirely too long to film some of these entries. not really entitled to anything and i understand that, but please guys, put more effort into this series. stop stalling. i get you're not experts on film making or any of that, but you have to realize that waiting two weeks to find out that tim was more than likely involved with the operator before alex (even though this was basically told to us in entry 55) would infuriate anyone who has given a shit about the story for the past 3 years

this isn't me saying i hate the series, it's me saying i'm dissapointed with how the quality of pacing and storytelling has dipped since season 2

and the next time someone bitches at me for being negative, i'm not putting my stuff in tags anymore. the whole reason i'm putting them in tags is so people stop with that garbage.

More OOG
I feel you on the whole "story lag", but so far in this series, Troy and Co have never failed at making it all come together. Sometimes, it seems to take a while, but I have a feeling it's going to jump out and grab us fairly soon. Keep in mind, we are only 8 and a half entries into the season and we're already starting to pick up a bit. Entry 19.5 wasn't fantastic either so I wasn't hoping for some huge revelation.

After the initial shock of 60 wore off, I did find it kinda blah, because it didn't do anything but confirm our fears of Jay being stalked again. But I feel there are enough loose ends brought up so far that we will have the conclusion we all hope for.

Back to in-game:

We still don't know where Tim is right now, even though we know he knows about the channel.

We don't know who was upstairs still.

We don't know exactly why it took Jay 2 weeks to post this. Location changing does take some time usually, but not that long if you don't have a lot to begin with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:04 am
von todwin
Greenhorn

Starkley wrote:
The info on the Delayed Therapy Communication Form:

Delayed Therapy Communication Form

Timothy W

Person Documenting Delay: REDACTED
Routine: REDACTED
Stat: REDACTED
Person Responding to Delay: REDACTED
Date: 7/8/02 Time (Military Time): 15:10
Name of Procedure: Monthly Session
Date Ordered: REDACTED

Tracking Codes
Patient/Family Variance Codes
P4 - Patient/Family Uncooperative

Delay Description: REDACTED
Intervention: REDACTED
*Intervention: REDACTED

Source: http://www.hospital-forms.com/272.pdf
_________

The Brief Operative Progress Note is more difficult to find, but since there's practically no information on it, here's a screenshot:

I thought most of the forms were pretty anticlimactic, though the running away bit was interesting, but I think the blacking out here was very purposeful, not to redact information but rather to emphasize what's left. Jay's narration draws attention away from it, but "Dr." is not blacked out. Being an "operative" form, with the operator symbol on it, the fact that "Dr." is the only bit that remains gives some plausibility to the idea that the operator was originally a flesh-and-blood doctor.

Though I know some have noted that a reveal like that would be somewhat disappointing (and I personally agree).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am
Yuki
Decorated

Starkley wrote:
xxmintt wrote:
Starkley wrote:

What would be the point of showing enttry #37 at all, then? It's clearly trying to imply that The Operator and Alex have been connected since his childhood; what other logical reason for it to be there can you come up with?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:15 am
Serpentine
Boot

I just love when I come back from a big day and find a Marble Hornets entry uploaded!

Also, not sure if this is still a consideration or not but was there an absence of Masky prior to 1/10/10 (I think that was the year it was posted) ? If they're asking him to come back, he'd have to have been gone prior not after. I may have misread the context of the posts about this.

I also noticed that DR was not blacked out and then there's what we've been calling the Operator's symbol. Operator...doctor... just a shot in the dark but could that may have been alluding to the date that the operator did something major to him?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:17 am
Starkley
Unfettered

von todwin wrote:

I thought most of the forms were pretty anticlimactic, though the running away bit was interesting, but I think the blacking out here was very purposeful, not to redact information but rather to emphasize what's left. Jay's narration draws attention away from it, but "Dr." is not blacked out. Being an "operative" form, with the operator symbol on it, the fact that "Dr." is the only bit that remains gives some plausibility to the idea that the operator was originally a flesh-and-blood doctor.

Though I know some have noted that a reveal like that would be somewhat disappointing (and I personally agree).

It could be another red herring. We had Alex spin a story about convicts and children being strung up on trees and dismembered in the night; people commented that there, The Operator didn't necessarily have to be a ghost, but simply someone who was there when things happened. Taking advantage of the situation.

If The Operator really does inflict physical harm (and we all know the OOG statement by Troseph on that), it's possible that he earned his name from such violent acts. "Operating" could be a sick joke then. Dismemberment surgery? A hospital could be just one more place where something like that could apply its art. But yeah, Operator symbol on the document about an operation...seems too closeknit to ignore. Looks like we have some direction.

And I agree with redacting stuff to draw emphasis to everything else because we know that a lot of the redacted stuff comprises arbitrary irrelevancies OOG.

Like Tim being potty trained. <3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 am
Latent
Boot

I havent read the thread yet. Just picked up on this entry. Wanted to voice this before I forget.

Jay kinda skips over a page on the first form he looks over in this entry. I want to know what he didn't show us.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 am
Starkley
Unfettered

Latent wrote:
I havent read the thread yet. Just picked up on this entry. Wanted to voice this before I forget.

Jay kinda skips over a page on the first form he looks over in this entry. I want to know what he didn't show us.

It's all there. OOG certified, if you look for the form online.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:47 am
CyberHawk
Boot

Now that we know that Tim has been haunted by the Operator since he was a child, I wonder how this will tie into the greater story of Marble Hornets. Alex was the first one to be haunted as far as we know, so if Tim was haunted all those years ago, how does that lead into the haunting of Alex in the summer of 2006? I look forward to this explanation.

I have to agree that the pacing of season 3 has been pretty lackluster so far. It's much slower and less engaging that season 1 and most of season 2. It seems like the answers are coming to us slower and slower. This entry was nice, even if it was a little flat and didn't tell us that much. I love Troy and Joseph's work and Marble Hornets, but they need to pick up the pace a little imo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 am
Zebez
Unfettered

xxmintt wrote:
DHawk314 wrote:
Zebez wrote:
Here's a good video for a procedure that is supposed to stop seizures and how it affects the brain.

YouTube: Link

Can someone sum up what they say in this video?

I don't know if anyone has already answered you on this, but it really just messes up hand-eye coordination and and speech. It does NOT cause a split personality. It simply makes certain activities more difficult. Split personalities would probably fall more under the "possible disorder" category that was listed. (I'm a neurobiology student)

Also, not all seizures are caused by disturbances in the corpus callosum; a seizure is more or less abnormal electrochemical activity in the brain. Only certain types of chronic and frequent seizure disorders require the split brain procedure, like where the patient is having gran-mal/tonic-clonic seizures every day for extended periods of time. It's not like getting tonsils out, it's a very rarely performed procedure.

Yes, and from the reports he seemed to be having seizures often, from the falling part. And yes, I would agree with you about the split personality. It's not a cause of one, however, I'm wondering if he may have had it before anyway. I'm also not sure what type of abnormal psychology could stem from that. I haven't heard of many people having more disorders than one, unless paired with depression. That is the extent of my knowledge on brain science. I'm just a general biology student. Razz

OOG
I'm curious how much the creators know about the particular disorders. Although, when you're a writer, you do have to do a bit of research.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:19 am
Page 7 of 33 [484 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 31, 32, 33  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: