Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:59 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
[LOCKED] Slender (beta v0.9.6)
Moderators: ChildOfAtom, Cougar Draven, DavFlamerock, Dixie_Wolf, ndemeter
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 40 of 42 [630 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
evanx275h
Decorated

*ignores Kyle*

I want to see if I can get the beta as well. I'm excited as hell!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:44 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
perspicacious_loris
Decorated

Currently downloading the beta as well. I am excited.

JustJim wrote:
Holy shit, Masky will add a completely different dynamic to the game. I'm definitely excited for this.

You have to realize, not all proxies are masky, and I highly doubt the character is masky even though the MH guys helped make the story.

EDIT: Just played the game. I got 5 of the 8 pages, which is the best I've ever gotten. The slenderman was successfully very creepy, and the improved graphics definitely helped make it more terrifying. Props.

My series is TheHLFilms.
My current blog is: http://tomysecretadmirer.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm
JustJim
Unfettered

Here are my impressions from my tumblr and a few screenshots.

In terms of performance, Iím very disappointed. It looks tremendous, but I canít get a decent frame rate no matter what settings I adjust. really kills the immersion. My laptop can run Witcher 2, Crysis, Metro 2033, etc. very well. Thereís no reason this shouldnít run well other than poor optimization Perhaps that can be improved by release time, perhaps not.

Other than that, this looks to be tremendous. Better atmosphere, better graphics, better Slender Man model, better environments, and the camera perspective really works well. The same creepy music, the same sense of tension, the same feeling of dread with every note you find. Easily eclipses The Eight Pages in terms of effect and sense of horror.

Hereís hoping the full game continues these hallmarks of the original game while doing a lot to move the game forward. Iím eager to play in the other environments and see where the story goes.

~~~~~ DO NOT embed pictures that are bigger than the standard forum size. in the future, add them as attachments, as I have done to fix this for you. ~ Pixie

Oh, and go away, Envoy.
tumblr_mi0xlhDhaR1rp5coao6_1280.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   317.26KB
 Viewed   98 Time(s)

tumblr_mi0xlhDhaR1rp5coao6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mi0xlhDhaR1rp5coao10_1280.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   74.08KB
 Viewed   91 Time(s)

tumblr_mi0xlhDhaR1rp5coao10_1280.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:46 pm
SignerJ
Unfettered

He has a red tie!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 pm
JustJim
Unfettered

Some notes so far:

On one occasion, he had me cornered. But I had 4 pages, my best score of any Slender session, including The Eight Pages. So I said "Fuck it." and bum rushed him. When I was closing in on him, he disappeared! Freaked me out, and I didn't see him again for a few minutes.

The game seems to spawn you in a different location every time. As far as I can tell the actual map isn't changing, just the spawn point.

Instead of turning the flashlight off, you can focus the beam to decrease your visibility. This doesn't seem to have gameplay ramifications on The Slender Man himself if pointed at him, but perhaps it'll have an effect on the to-be-named proxy.

Speaking of, any sight of the proxy in the beta? I've been keeping my eyes peeled.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:21 pm
Cashkid32
Boot

JustJim wrote:
Some notes so far:

On one occasion, he had me cornered. But I had 4 pages, my best score of any Slender session, including The Eight Pages. So I said "Fuck it." and bum rushed him. When I was closing in on him, he disappeared! Freaked me out, and I didn't see him again for a few minutes.

The game seems to spawn you in a different location every time. As far as I can tell the actual map isn't changing, just the spawn point.

Instead of turning the flashlight off, you can focus the beam to decrease your visibility. This doesn't seem to have gameplay ramifications on The Slender Man himself if pointed at him, but perhaps it'll have an effect on the to-be-named proxy.

Speaking of, any sight of the proxy in the beta? I've been keeping my eyes peeled.

Proxy isn't in the beta. Sorry :/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:51 pm
Cashkid32
Boot

Played the beta almost all day today. Reaaallly awesome. Beat it multiple times. Want some tips? I made a vid.

YouTube: Link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm
AgentParsec
Veteran

Some of the lag issues will be addressed soon, we think it's mainly caused by a few options that you can't currently toggle off, like motion blur. The game will patch automatically when the fix is available.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:57 pm
JustJim
Unfettered

AgentParsec wrote:
Some of the lag issues will be addressed soon, we think it's mainly caused by a few options that you can't currently toggle off, like motion blur. The game will patch automatically when the fix is available.

Good to know, thanks Parsec!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 pm
Cashkid32
Boot

The OP has been moving in this one I think! Just recorded this fifteen second video. It shows him bend over! I've also been noticing him moving his arms a little too. Pretty creepy!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:05 pm
Sebastrios
Veteran

Bartok wrote:
Slendery wrote:
AgentParsec wrote:
Slendery wrote:
Hey, question for Agent Parsec.

Arrival really looks awesome, but is that 'Slender Man Mythos' button from the old Slender game that gave links to MH, EMH, TT and other Slender Man series going to stay in the new game? It would really suck for the mythos community if it was removed. Just wondering.

It's not likely at this point for legal reasons, but if there's a way to do it, we will.

That's really unfortunate. Confused
I don't see much litigious complications in promotion, especially considering I've done something similar when I included promotional links in my works without any issue from the publisher or anyone else. I'd really hate to see potential mythos viewership lost, but that's just my opinion.

I love the mythos and I really hope you can get a small mythos credit page for the series we come here for, because after all, they are what these forums are really meant to discuss and pretty much what inspired countless others, if not yourself, to make slender man related content.

This.

So... are the mythos going to be credited in the game like in the previous iteration? If not, pity. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:15 pm
JustJim
Unfettered

Cashkid32 wrote:
The OP has been moving in this one I think! Just recorded this fifteen second video. It shows him bend over! I've also been noticing him moving his arms a little too. Pretty creepy!

That's crazy, though I think that may have just been a teleportation. The tentacle action is great, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm
ThinSuit
Unfettered

Okay just saw slendy

And i need new pants

The game overall is good but the motion blur is anoying

also the slendy model is perfect

Alos they could include a cool new feature :

Since you have a camera, why doesn't it record your last gameplay ?

this could be awesome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:47 am
Cashkid32
Boot

JustJim wrote:
Cashkid32 wrote:

That's crazy, though I think that may have just been a teleportation. The tentacle action is great, though.

I know he teleported. I'm pointing out how his model bent over!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 am
JustJim
Unfettered

Anyone know if the map is at all randomized? I know there are a few different spawn point and pages are randomly spawned, but sometimes I feel like set pieces aren't in the same places they always are. Perhaps it's just my imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 am
Page 40 of 42 [630 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
Jump to: