Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:56 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] LIS_DEAD
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 5 [61 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Dramatic Detective
Greenhorn

[TRAILHEAD] LIS_DEAD
Interactive Blog/ARG

I cannot tell you much. What little I can, I can only tell you here.

http://lisdead.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:02 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ThinSuit
Unfettered

Re: [TRAILHEAD] LIS_DEAD
Interactive Blog/ARG

Dramatic Detective wrote:
I cannot tell you much. What little I can, I can only tell you here.

http://lisdead.blogspot.com/

Shit , can't find the password

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:58 am
Dramatic Detective
Greenhorn

Re: [TRAILHEAD] LIS_DEAD
Interactive Blog/ARG

ThinSuit wrote:

Shit , can't find the password

The password is available to all who have The Stones to figure it out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 am
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Cool premise, or at least a cool hook.

But as a tip before you get your head chewed off by a few of the other members on here: the Unfiction forum is meant to be Out-of-Game, which means you can't post in-character here. Or out-of-character giving us clues. You can post your trailhead and then leave, pretty much. Otherwise the game can get really confusing about what info we can use and can't and just general keeping this forum from getting confusing.

No luck on the password either.
Tried:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
lisdead
Lis_Dead
LIS_DEAD
list_dead
thestones
TheStones
DramaticDetective
dramaticdetective

But without another hint I'm really lost. :/
Should we ask him on the blog about the stones or w/e maybe? I'd assume we aren't meant to solve the password just yet, because we don't have the stones.
EDIT: Just asked, I'll wait for a reply.
EDIT2:
Got a reply, this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia1UjNBK_3Y
[I'm liking this game more and more. :p]
Tried:

TheRollingStones
therollingstones
rollingstones
sympathyforthedevil
devil
iamadevil
manofwealthandtaste
ManofWealthAndTaste
IAmADevil
adevil

EDIT3: Got it!
A hint: There's spaces involved.
man of wealth and taste

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 am
RoryF
Boot

Following and..interesting doc.Im keeping my eyes peeled.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm
plox
Boot

Whats inside the rar
also following this

Forgive the rather silly looking puzzle, I assure you itís there by necessity. Think of it as the last step of a very long line of encryption, the greater parts of which you cannot see unless you are its intended target. Such things are part and parcel of this game we play today. Mysteries are as the very air and waters of the world, and Secrets the very players of its stage.

Ah, but perhaps Iím getting ahead of myself.

I am an Agent, trained as a spy, saboteur, and most of all as a detective. It is my purpose to see the invisible, to draw it from its cloak and brings its face to the world. It is my duty to drag those who hide in the shadows into the light, that they may face judgment with all their sins bared. By my very nature I am tangled, by my very soul I am bound unto secrecy. Talking so openly to the world like this feels odd, but this is an odd time, and odd measures must be taken.

There are a great many evils in the world. That is, after all, why people like me are necessary. The evil I seek now is most insidious indeed. He takes from me those who I could trust, for He is a Monster that Steals. He hunts and finds those like me even in the most convoluted webs of lies, for He is a Monster that Knows. And He does this in the guise of innocence, for He is a Monster that Lies.

I come to you all today, perhaps to ask for help, perhaps to ensure what I find may always be known. Perhaps I simply tell you all as a confession. For in hunting monsters, I may have to do monstrous things. I must drag myself into the light, bare my own sins, for that is my duty. But it is not for me to rend judgment, upon myself, or anyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:59 pm
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Well, my odd brain keeps connecting the "Him" with the devil, as the song says. Since that's the only link we have, the capitalization of "Him" and speaking of lies and deceit. Seems very Devil-ish. [though, it could always be just a figure of speech or symbolic, like Johan Liebert's title of Devil/Antichrist/Monster] So, I guess this guy hunts demons? Or devil-spawn of some sort? Or any sort of supernatural creatures but his current focus is on the Devil or what we might know as the Devil? Or he's hunting Slenderman so he's with CIPRA Wait that's the wrong game. XD

Another side note, the title, "LIS_DEAD" what does it mean? The first thing that came to mind for me was "L IS DEAD" which is one of the things from Death Note (a comic series, there was a character named L, and he... well, dies.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 pm
TakeoKamui
Greenhorn

TakeoKamui here.
The line about "too short to be a god" seems to tip me off about something, as it's clearly set apart. But i can't find any reference to "too short to be a god".
There's also "roses" and "violets" marked out, respectively in red and blue, scattered among the post.
But the file involved, has not accepted the following as passwords:
roses
violets
red
blue
cupid
valentine
redblue
rosesviolets

Think we're missing something? The title of the file does have 5 underscores, so perhaps the pass is 5 letters. That's my best guess.
EDIT: Also, saw the title as "L IS DEAD" which did invoke Death Note for me too. But if that was truly the case...
then I'd think there would be some more polish or Deathnotestyle on it, don't you? xD;;;

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 am
natas
PHP Ninja

Roses are red. Violets are Blue. Sugar is sweet and so are you!
Roses are wilted. Flowers are dead. Sugar is lumpy, just like your head. :p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TakeoKamui
Greenhorn

Added these to the list of pw's that didn't work:
sugar
lumpy
sweet
you
soare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:43 am
plox
Boot

the text as appeared on the site :

A few people have asked me about the nature of the person I so vainly call 'Him.' They have wondered whether he is a god or demon, or some other supernatural power. I cannot accurately answer these things, for I honestly do not know.

But I can tell you this.
He's probably too short to be a god.

there are colour codes in red and blue
the red one spells out roses and the blue one spells out violets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 am
natas
PHP Ninja

POST2.doc

(And so are all you who continue reading these ramblings)

But yes, in all honesty Iím not sure what He is. I shall do my best to explain, but first you must understand something about my situation, and the kind of people I am associated with.

Like all good spies and detectives, I am part of a larger Organization, mired in secrecy (of course, they all are.) My particular Organization trains its Agents from birth. We are not abducted mind you; the Organization is secretive, not thuggish. But if you should have certain desirable genetic traits, and if you should by chance find yourself in relations with another person so gifted, this is what may happen.

One day, in the second or third trimester of pregnancy, you will get a phone call. The person on the phone will have their voice changed by military-grade hardware, making you unsure of their gender or age. They will offer you a considerable amount of money for what they will refer to as Ďa service.í Should you accept, they will hang up, and you will not hear from them until late into the third trimester of pregnancy.

Roughly one month before your expected date of birth, a child of no more than 6-8 years will show up at your door. They will have a large briefcase, containing a large amount of money. They will tell you they are here to perform the service, and then they will tell you what that entails. They will induce early labor and take your child for training. You will be given a cocktail of drugs that will suppress and change your memories for the last nine months.

You will not remember that you ever were with child. Your family and friends will not remember. There will be no records, local or otherwise that you were ever pregnant. You will remember that roughly nine months ago you won a contest, or lottery, or game show, and have been having a tremendously fun time living on that money since. There will be no guilt, no shame, not from anyone. You will be rich, and happy, and ready to have another child that will not be selected for the Organizationís attentions.

If you accept, that is what happens. If you refuse, you are given a smaller coctail that makes you forget everything about Ďthe service.í This has been going on for quite some time; at least 3 generations of Agents have been selected this way. You would be surprised at how many people accept this deal. Or perhaps not. The only thing every Agent is allowed to know about their birth parents is the name they chose to give their child before their minds were wiped.

Now, that child that shows up at your door to perform the service? They are an Agent that is about to begin the real part of their training. It is the first Mission of everybody in the Organization. Itís the first little black mark on your soul that binds you forever in their service. For you always know, no matter what the Organization does or orders you to do, you are no better.

He is the child that I performed the service for. I brought Him into this organization. I was there at the birth. That is why He is my responsibility. That is why He is my problem. Whatever He is, He resides in a human body. One that I put in its current position of power.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
plox
Boot

if you google roses are red you come out at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roses_are_red
maybe that has something to do with it ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:22 am
godder
Unfettered

Hmmm. Interesting. This could be good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 am
TakeoKamui
Greenhorn

What ended up being the password? O:
And this is shaping up to be a very interesting plotline so far. Genetics, memory-altering drugs, ...things...in children's bodies....
So there's some kind of mole or something in the Organization, due to the Detective's performance of his duties?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 am
Page 1 of 5 [61 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: