Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Wallace P.I. & The Janus Archive
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
booba
Entrenched

Wow- wasn't ready for this much more stuff!

I don't see an instance of the added letter that points to Playfair. We could be dealing with

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/bifid.php

?????

unless the entire text was encoded at once, and happened to be an even amount...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:56 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Looks like Kalan just had that one function. I asked him if he knew anything else and he just said:
Quote:
No.

K.

However, I also emailed Holden asking about the keys, and I got this very helpful response:
Quote:
I think you will find it is Sun that holds the secrets not me.

The keys will not contain more than one word or part of an original clue, so I would say that 'Golden Mask' is just 'Agamemnon' (9 letter key) if you read your history the mask was meant to be his.

Remember the keys will be based in the history of the zone, Babel is used in Hebrew and there was a book of Daniel for this period too. Tower is mostly likely your boojum.

I had asked about "Horse," and since he didn't say that was wrong, its probably right.

So are three keys will be "Horse [15 letter word relating to Daniel and Babel] Agamemnon"

I'm at school so I can't work on this right now, but with those hints we should be able to get it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:22 pm
booba
Entrenched

Nebuchadnezzzar ? (What's one z more or less)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Looks like someone just miscounted. It was in fact Nebuchadnezzar.

Entering "Horse Nebuchadnezzar Agamemnon" unlocks the text file, revealing
Quote:
Mankind’s history is one of chaos but if you look closely a pattern emergences however its shape is not yet clear. The chaos appears to be driven by a missing component, what is its motive?

I've sent the key to Holden. Hooray for progress!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:05 pm
Zobot257
Unfettered

*Shyly pokes head back into this thread*

Sorry I haven't been much help on this one so far... these last few weeks have been hell for me. I will try to do more, I promise.

Anyways, I have recently recieved two emails, one from Louise and one from Wallace's email acct... Which was kind of ominious. Louise is her old self but says Wallace is acting odd and the email from Wallace's account talke about the end of the world...

I think other people recieved them too, if it was just me I will post them up tonight when I am at a computer proper instead of my cell phone...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Received this reply from Holden:
Quote:
Yes it was probably me, you try counting characters in a blank space. I'm sure the key checker was right though.

It appears to have worked though the screen went blank and now it is asking for keys again but it also says:

Past zones restored...
Keys required for unlocking exits...

The data must be back but we cannot get at all the data without the next set of keys.

May Tyche be with all.

The home page of the archive has changed to reflect that. But the only change in the Past Zone I can see is that "Zone Exit Closed" now reads "Zone Exit Open." I'm not sure how we get to the next layer of the Past Zone. Meanwhile, Foilhead seems to be hinting at something. Maybe that we need to see the ID3 tag data of all the sof.mp3s? But to do that we need to be able to download the files, right? And to do that, we need someone who owns the Pro version of Quicktime. So not me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:29 pm
Zobot257
Unfettered

Because I promised myself I'd do this tonight, here's the emails I got. I dunno if other people got them or not but they're not here in the thread so here:

From Louise:

Finally we are free to leave!

I've booked a flight and we should be back in blightly by next Wednesday.

Now that we've got a decent connection to the web again I've been looking through the archive. To say that it is like Swiss cheese would be an understatement. I emailed the guide for the present and this is his reply (he sounds like he's high on something, who is Wall-e? And if he says 'you know' one more time he going to wish he was never born!):

"Err haven't spoken to you before but I assume its okay, you better let the others know the terminal is not working anymore you know. It flashed up something like: Terminal disconnect. Now its gone dark, you know I didn't touch it lady wasn't my fault you know. Okay maybe knocking the beer over may have had something to do with but that was wall-e's fault he got in way at the wrong time, it will probably dry out you know lady don't shoot the messenger you know. Oh yeah I meant to pass on a message someone something about Maad or was it Mad, no its gone lady was on the tip of my brain too. I'll get back to you on that when I've dried out too."

What idiot gave that guy a job of being a guide, he couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag!

Looks like you've done an excellent job so far though, Wallace however is quiet worried about Bill as far as he is concerned the archive has been a complete dead end. No information about the zone whatsoever. I got to say he been acting strange since that barrier vanished, quiet manic in fact. Something is not right at all! He hit one of the soldiers I was chatting to, he had to be restrained (good punch though). I noticed he didn't put that on his blog.

Pretty sure Wallace is keeping things from me and not just the usual man junk that every man I ever met seems to think is important. Men are so stupid sometimes makes me want hit something again and again. I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about.

I'm collating all the historical stuff and what about those weird mp3's from the future zone sounds like different different worlds to me. There was something about the 'Late Professor Maad' as far as I know he isn't dead?!? Looks something happened in the past and now we have 'Long Life' Fred Sun to deal with and he smelt as bad as the milk does.

Looks like Wallace is coming back, speak to you soon.

Laters,

L.

From the email address of "Wallace":

How fortunate for me and your subject line is so true.

Say goodbye to your Wallace and his pretty girl, once we've recovered the one this world shall be made a new.

Your world will soon be dead, enjoy your last moments.

On 01/03/2012 02:51, XXXX XXXXX wrote:
Hello Wallace & Louise,

Past guide: JAGuideHOLDENSPLATgmail.com gateway + code:Sungnyemun/angel. Some locked files to open with clues from these words:these words: BabelX Gold GreekX Wine Fleece Gift Daniel TowerX Mask
Present guide:JAGB26354@gmail.com gateway + code: Alexander/heaven These words unlocked some UFO pics :Zone Dern 1952

Future guide: JAGJAGuideDRELDONTYRELLSPLATgmail.com gateway + code golden/?? Rest locked & unknown.
Likely there will be 6 more zones. The latest is http://janusarchive.wikidot.com/ja459w0k with codes & more locked files.

You'll need to address all follow up to the guides themselves and/or someone else committed to helping further. Stay well always.

Thank you, Amandel

I censored the name of the email sender in here because it's a real person and I wouldn't want to give out that info. But otherwise I think that's good...

Either Wallace has gone crazy or someone else is using his email...[/youtube]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

It's nice to hear that Wallace and Louise will be back soon!

I downloaded Quicktime Pro (slash found a free registration code online (don't tell)) so that I could look at those files. Didn't find anything in the ID3 tags, until I got to the last one, 8r8d, http://janusarchive.wikidot.com/ja1116q557sx

Upon opening the properties, I found this in the comments:
Quote:
Begin, 2,4/3,4/6,2/3,5

The genre was also listed as "Other," unlike the other files, which were just blank.

My first thoughts are that it could either be a cipher in and of itself, possibly referring to the books that are scattered throughout the zone, or it could be the key to some other code somewhere else. Since it looks like 4 coordinates, I thought it might be a simple tap code, but those use 5x5 grids, so 6,2 wouldn't be a real thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 am
Zobot257
Unfettered

Bad development here... I replied to the weird email I got from Wallace and here's the response I got today:

Date: Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: World Ender
To: Zobot <zobot257>

Wallace, I've caged his puny mind and I am now in control.

Louise is fine for the moment. You are all fine for the moment.

On 02/03/2012 22:01, Zobot wrote:
What have you done with Wallace and Louise?!?

Also, here's what Louise wrote to me regarding Wallace's email address:

Louise louisedramSPLATgmail.com
2:51 AM (5 hours ago)

to me

Zobot,

This does not sound good to me, only he and I know the password and it is a very long password, but I will check to make sure it hasn't been hacked.

Thanks for the email, I'll been in touch.[b]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:39 am
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

O.o Well that's...worrisome.

There's a new post up on Foilhead that contains some more code from the sound files:
Quote:
What a weird site you've shown me, some sort of historical archive with God knows how many layers of puzzles/codes in it. Quite interesting indeed, I shall look into this site further.

I thought I'd have a look at the ID3 tags for you, here is what I found. There are only three pages with the sof.mp3 file which appear to have tags attached, I haven't had a chance to listen to the files yet:

ja1601h1078sh
Ja1101x547sh
Ja1005q499su

The following tags are:

Begin, 2,4/3,4/6,2/3,5
Begin, 3,1/2,3/5,5/8,3/7,2/2,1
Begin, 1,1/4,2/6,5/1,1/6,4/7,1/8,2/4,4

I think the slash is maybe a letter break if it is a code, not sure what the 'Begin' represents though.

Even using the method he describes, I can only see the tag for the one. But oh well. I still have no idea what to do with this stuff.

The home page of the archive now says:
Quote:
Present Guide Terminal inactive…
Present Zone exits opened…

(See Zobot's post with the correspondence between Louise and JAG Present).

The three zone exits in the second layer of the Present Zone are now listed as open, and each contains a link to the Future Zone. Clicking on all the links leads to the Future page, even though the links themselves are for different pages (JA513W0KM, JA540S0ZX, JA567H0KW). Those are the only 3 pages in Future that contain blocks of text. Maybe the tags are related to these blocks of text somehow?

EDIT: Why is it so quiet in here? There's so much to do and no one seems to be paying any attention to this...

Foilhead put up another post that clears up a few things. Plus it points out a hidden link to the new layer of the Past Zone that I missed (http://janusarchive.wikidot.com/ja261f127g). There's a new gateway and everything. I'm guessing the second layer Past and Present gateway names will be used to decode the text in the other zone, but I haven't had a chance to try it out. He also point out that the coordinates will probably be a book code (each comment will refer to a different book, the first number will probably be page number, and the second number will probably be word).

Here's all these things again, including the new one: http://www.mediafire.com/?leyx5hcq70b49oc,m423kp71f70lk25,h3kv25bkden1bbj,0e1f8j1bbyo4z6f,xn6cmsmj2fcjx63

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:56 pm
reesylou
Decorated

FuzzyGoodle wrote:

EDIT: Why is it so quiet in here? There's so much to do and no one seems to be paying any attention to this...

For me, coz life gets in the way of fun. Sad
My guess on the code thing is something to do will the grids... ie begin = top left (0,0) since other clues have been right/down, maybe these are too... each time returning to 0,0 (not continuing from current position)

Possibly one of the letters in the page names? As usual, don't have time to follow through on the theory though

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 pm
amandel
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

FuzzyGoodle wrote:

Essentially, Fuzzy, am not equipped atm with the spare time for something of this format. So I've taken a hiatus & am just checking this thread now & again.

Most important: You have TEH awesome skillz & I got lucky with the new 9O archive. fwiw: the infernal betrayer is Ephialtes (Ja413p280g) in Dante's Inferno.
Ja261f127g - Ahh Sid cipher solve
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Vigenére Cipher with the key: hadrianus betrayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Thanks for the high praise you guys. It means a lot coming from all of you.

Here's the Past #2 grid again, now with all the ciphertext decoded thanks to amandel: http://www.mediafire.com/?1m81rlphn2covcm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:22 pm
Zobot257
Unfettered

Tomorrow's my ARG day, gonna catch up with everything then.

Until then, here's an update on my end:

Me to Wallace's Email Account:

Quote:
Ah... that, then. Generally it's been my experience that that sort of thing doesn't end well for the things that try it, but then again I'm quite positive you're not going to be listening to my opinions on the subject, are you?

I don't suppose you'd be willing to tell me WHY you're possessing Wallace? What relevance does a mere detective have to something that can possess minds?

What's your name, anyway? I like to know whom I'm speaking with.

From Wallace's Email Account:

Quote:
Some minds are less receptive than others, his was the closest available, he fights well against my control but he is merely organic matter.

He wanted to go the same place I need to find.

I am a multi-layered component agent, your need to name matter is very alien to me but if you must name me then call me Spiral.

Now tell me where 'The Zone' is? You are fine for the moment.

Back to Spiral:

Quote:
What incentive do you offer for me to tell you? Seizing control of a friends meaty body as well as promising desolation seem to be poor promises for securing my cooperation, Spiral.

Spiral's Reply

Quote:
I'm sure you and a few others could be saved, it has been done before on other worlds.

Spiral.

And that's all I've got on that end...

I also emailed Sun about this because I honestly suspected he might be related to it, but here's what he responded with:

Quote:
So, you guys are bringing about the end of the world then? Kinda surprising goal there, Mr. "Good Guy"...

I replied:

Quote:
I think you may have mixed us with someone else. We are about saving the planet not destroying.

We are not your enemies.

Fred.

My response:

Quote:
Well SOMETHING is claiming that "soon your world will be dead" and that "your world will be made new" and is claiming to have possessed Wallace. I initially suspected you, but you are saying you have no knowledge of this?

His:

Quote:
To say I have no knowledge that Wallace is possessed would be true.

We are however aware that something came through in Canada. We shall attend to Wallace's problem in due course.

As I said we are not you enemies.

Fred.

That's all I got. I'll look over the Janus archive again tomorrow. I'm really sorry I haven't been much more help, but I'll see what other information I can milk out of Fred and Spiral, if I can indeed get any. I DID send an email to Louise warning her, but I haven't gotten any reply. Have we heard from her lately? Sad

Regardless, with Spiral not in Fred's camp, it seems we've got a new player in the game....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 pm
Zobot257
Unfettered

My apologies for the terrible formatting and the double post. This is basically cut out of Gmail without formatting it for reader convenience, but I'm short on time. I'll clean it up later but I think you guys need to know what has been happening on my end. Maybe someone will actually be more useful with this info than my ineffectual flailing have been so far:

Between me and "Spiral"/"Wallace?":

Quote:
Wallace
12:56 PM (30 minutes ago)

to me
You will be reborn into the new world, your flesh will be a thing of the past. The flesh tempts, you need to be pure.

Your flesh is limited in its three dimensional nature, with our help you will expand your consciousness to be pure.

On 05/03/2012 17:32, Zobot wrote:
Ok, that's not a bad token of incentive, but "saved" from what? The destruction of our world as you "make it new"? What happens to us? HOW would we be saved? For that matter, what happens next? Where do we go after our world ends?

I can offer assistance, but you're going to have to give me some details before you can expect me to be anything other than lackadasical about helping you locate the Zone

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Wallace <missingwallace> wrote:
I'm sure you and a few others could be saved, it has been done before on other worlds.

Spiral.

On 03/03/2012 20:53, Zobot wrote:
What incentive do you offer for me to tell you? Seizing control of a friends meaty body as well as promising desolation seem to be poor promises for securing my cooperation, Spiral.

Zobot
1:18 PM (7 minutes ago)

to Wallace
Ah Well. I suppose I am a little tired of this Lousy world anyway. Fine, I'll help you out.

You're looking for the Zone, right? I am familiar with several things that could be described as such. Why don't you tEll me more about the specifics and I'll help you find it?

Wallace
1:20 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
(Name inserted here redacted but not plot relevant)... doonnnnnnnnnnntttttttt heeelpppp it.

Wwwwwwww

Between Me and Sun:

Quote:
Zobot
11:37 AM (1 hour ago)

to Sun
The thing that came through in Canada and Wallace's problem are related, and the entity domineering Wallace has asked to be referred to as Spiral. I don't know if that means anything to you, but I figured if you ARE out to save the world, you and it will probably end up going up against each other.

F.P. Sun
12:58 PM (30 minutes ago)

to me
That is indeed odd normally an intelligent incursion does not choose a name for itself.

We are sending agents to intercept.

Fred.

Zobot
1:04 PM (24 minutes ago)

to Sun
Wait, what?

You go after that thing and Wallace or Louise could get hurt. Not acceptable. Not unless things escalate. It trusts me now, sort of. Give me a chance to try and stall it. We need to learn more about its intent...

F.P. Sun
1:10 PM (18 minutes ago)

to me
It has only one intent and that is to destroy us.

Don't worry we have dealt with these types of incursions before. It doesn't normally get too messy, I'm sure Louise can look after herself.

Fred.

Zobot
1:15 PM (13 minutes ago)

to Sun
Yeaaaaah. No.

I note in your email you specifically DIDN'T state that Louise wouldn't be harmed, much less Wallace.

You kind of, you know, SUCK at reassurances. Even if you weren't intending to.

If you don't recall that team RIGHT now I'll email it warning that they're coming. Then things will escalate right quickly, won't they? I'm not about to sacrifice Wallace and possibly Louise for the world.

At least not while this thing still isn't sure what it's looking for. Spiral's told me what it's looking for, and it hasn't found it yet. We've GOT time.

Work with me and my friends on this or you'll find the situation getting escalated rather quickly, Sun. We don't let our friends die.

F.P. Sun
1:19 PM (9 minutes ago)

to me
You put me in a very difficult position.

I shall request that the agents monitor only.

Fred.

Zobot
1:26 PM (2 minutes ago)

to Sun
Those terms are acceptable. If the situation becomes unmanageable, I won't mind if you do what needs to be done. I'm not going to sacrifice the world over one or two of my friends either. I'm not that foolish.

But, as romanticist as this sounds, Wallace is still in there and a bullet to his brain, or whatever it would take to kill that thing, is NOT the only solution. That probably comes off as naive to you, I bet.

But I can hardly be blamed for it, after all... historically, Wallace has been FAR more forthcoming with information than you have, and I trust him a lot more. I might actually take your side if you would bother explaining what's going on once in a while.

Hope this helps somehow. I don't know how obvious this is since there's other capitol letters there, but in one of my emails with Spiral I DID try to reach out to Wallace...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:31 pm
Page 7 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: