Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide
 
The time now is Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] The Spider-Man Viral Begins
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 14 of 60 [890 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 58, 59, 60  Next
Author Message
Taro
Boot


Joined: 24 Jul 2009
Posts: 25

Just out of curiosity... What do we know of the contents of Peter Parker's backpack? I know we've seen some cool stuff come out of his notebook. But also the newspaper clipping has to be fairly important. And what of the textbooks?

Important note about the newspaper: The pull quote on the article seems to be a direct, if not purely ham-handed, way of indicating there's a cypher involved somewhere. "...the first letter is always the key"

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but as I'm only fortunate enough to have access to the #MOTSM event in NYC. I'd like to know what we may be missing.

tl;dr - What the deal with Peter Parker's Backpack Stuff?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
antovolk
Veteran


Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 91

Taro wrote:
Just out of curiosity... What do we know of the contents of Peter Parker's backpack? I know we've seen some cool stuff come out of his notebook. But also the newspaper clipping has to be fairly important. And what of the textbooks?

Important note about the newspaper: The pull quote on the article seems to be a direct, if not purely ham-handed, way of indicating there's a cypher involved somewhere. "...the first letter is always the key"

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but as I'm only fortunate enough to have access to the #MOTSM event in NYC. I'd like to know what we may be missing.

tl;dr - What the deal with Peter Parker's Backpack Stuff?


That "first letter is always the key" thing was a lead to the /prepare page which activated the countdowns on Day 1. Take the first letter of each line from the black box and it spells SLASHPREPARE.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
clemon79
Greenhorn

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 5

Yeah, the news clipping, I suspect, is already used, although there was some other interesting data points in other articles.

What we're interested in right now is the lab books and the keys. Ancalime, forgot to ask last night at dinner 'cuz I was hungry and defrosting, did the key patterns match up?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ancalime
Unfettered


Joined: 20 Aug 2004
Posts: 341
Location: Paragon City

clemon79 wrote:
Yeah, the news clipping, I suspect, is already used, although there was some other interesting data points in other articles.

What we're interested in right now is the lab books and the keys. Ancalime, forgot to ask last night at dinner 'cuz I was hungry and defrosting, did the key patterns match up?


One matched, one didn't, and I forget what we concluded for the 3rd. But certainly nothing decisive that points to another clue, alas.
_________________
Now Playing: Blackhollow Project | Watch/Wait: ??? | Played: TRON, Ny Takma, Landalan, FutureMedicine, Intimation, MarkoftheSpiderMan

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<


PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
clemon79
Greenhorn

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 5

ancalime wrote:
One matched, one didn't, and I forget what we concluded for the 3rd. But certainly nothing decisive that points to another clue, alas.

Well, not yet, but if one matched, it's possible that that's the key to care about and that something could come up later, maybe. I keep hoping that key opens something. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
W4ffles
Veteran


Joined: 26 Feb 2010
Posts: 117
Location: Gilbert Az.

Oh, and I was able to switch shifts with a coworker, so I am able to go tomorrow night with my friend. So, yeah, phew.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Kilgore'sTrout
Greenhorn

Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 4

So I just got the call a short while ago. Denver is on for tonight at 8! Hopefully they'll have something a little different for us (just to keep it interesting and keep the folks in Phoenix and NY/LA on their toes!).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
JulianDay
Boot

Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 37
Location: Los Angeles, CA

not really ARG related but: what does pakrer say after gwen tells him the fire escape is twenty storys high? or something like that. all i hear are mumbles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Taro
Boot


Joined: 24 Jul 2009
Posts: 25

JulianDay wrote:
not really ARG related but: what does pakrer say after gwen tells him the fire escape is twenty storys high? or something like that. all i hear are mumbles.


He says "Your doorman's intimidating"

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Yamato
Decorated

Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 190

for those who are interested, there's a post by someone at the superherohype.com forums who was at the seattle location saying that 42E is indeed behind this whole thing, claiming it was on a waiver:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=22519535&postcount=427

looks like they have more in store too after this particular event is over, which is good to know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Kilgore'sTrout
Greenhorn

Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 4

MyNameIsStrange wrote:
I think I saw you guys driving south on i25 towards drop 3. When I passed you had your fingers crossed


Yeah, that was probably us! MyName, we missed you today!

Just came back from the Denver tagging mission and I took some pictures of the whole thing. I'm not a big Twitter user, so I was thinking of emailing them over to @mentorless. Do any of you have a better idea/suggestions? It's too late now, so I'll get on that tomorrow. Can't wait for the next part of the campaign!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
FSURobbie
Guest


Kilgore'sTrout wrote:
Just came back from the Denver tagging mission and I took some pictures of the whole thing.


You're moving up in the world, from scavenger enthusiast to graffiti artist! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:30 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
W4ffles
Veteran


Joined: 26 Feb 2010
Posts: 117
Location: Gilbert Az.

Still no call. And it's almost 2 here. It's driving me crazy! Anybody else get a call yet?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
clemon79
Greenhorn

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 5

W4ffles wrote:
Still no call. And it's almost 2 here. It's driving me crazy! Anybody else get a call yet?

I would say to relax...none of us got our phone calls before 4 for an 8:30 start time. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
W4ffles
Veteran


Joined: 26 Feb 2010
Posts: 117
Location: Gilbert Az.

clemon79 wrote:
W4ffles wrote:
Still no call. And it's almost 2 here. It's driving me crazy! Anybody else get a call yet?

I would say to relax...none of us got our phone calls before 4 for an 8:30 start time. Smile


Alright. I'm just excited, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 14 of 60 [890 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 58, 59, 60  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group