Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:44 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[OOG] General Troy Has A Camera discussion
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 216 of 217 [3254 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 214, 215, 216, 217  Next
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

I do think it's deeply unlikely that Troy will be able to produce a series commensurate with his ambitions for Clear Lakes (ie, a series that at the very least is a worthy followup to Marble Hornets) without a solid set of regular collaborators. Presently, to my knowledge, he doesn't have any.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:19 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered

awakeasaurusrex wrote:
I do think it's deeply unlikely that Troy will be able to produce a series commensurate with his ambitions for Clear Lakes (ie, a series that at the very least is a worthy followup to Marble Hornets) without a solid set of regular collaborators. Presently, to my knowledge, he doesn't have any.

My point exactly, he'll get the first episode or two out. But he won't finish the first season, if even the first dozen broadcasts.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:32 am
The Slender Man
Unfettered

I'm still curious as to what Troy even had planned plotwise for CL44.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:30 pm
Cyan507
Unfettered

Unless he's reworking some of the same plotpoints from the first iteration into the second, we may never know. But I'm very curious.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:58 pm
420Goku
Veteran

The Slender Man wrote:

I'm somewhat convinced that, at least by the time he didn't have Tim and Joseph around to help, he had no plan... no solid one at least. That's the easiest way to explain the lack of plot.

Edit: In fact, I'd be interested in a chronological analysis of the CL44 videos put alongside a timeline of THAC's demise that we could extract from the personal statements. Within my memory, there seemed to be a clear shift in tone from the first few entries to later on where originally it was way more 80s-ish public broadcast channel, and of course the first half or so of the broadcasts were released more quickly, twice a month rather than once.

This series left behind quite a few interesting mysteries in fact, and possible routes of discovery... though all related to the nature of its failure.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:06 pm
Cyan507
Unfettered

420Goku wrote:
The Slender Man wrote:

I'm somewhat convinced that, at least by the time he didn't have Tim and Joseph around to help, he had no plan... no solid one at least. That's the easiest way to explain the lack of plot.

Edit: In fact, I'd be interested in a chronological analysis of the CL44 videos put alongside a timeline of THAC's demise that we could extract from the personal statements. Within my memory, there seemed to be a clear shift in tone from the first few entries to later on where originally it was way more 80s-ish public broadcast channel, and of course the first half or so of the broadcasts were released more quickly, twice a month rather than once.

This series left behind quite a few interesting mysteries in fact, and possible routes of discovery... though all related to the nature of its failure.

I had a video edited with a chronological timeline of THAC demise and the events leading up to it, it didn't follow CL44 though

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:02 am
thisistheend
Veteran

420Goku wrote:
The Slender Man wrote:

It was bizarre when CL44 wasn't supposed to have any connections with MH with characters and such, but they kept shifting that throughout the whole thing with "Tim" and TTA reappearing and then going back to a different story.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Cyan507
Unfettered

thisistheend wrote:
420Goku wrote:
The Slender Man wrote:

It was bizarre when CL44 wasn't supposed to have any connections with MH with characters and such, but they kept shifting that throughout the whole thing with "Tim" and TTA reappearing and then going back to a different story.

No, what they said was CL44 could "be very well be set in the same universe, but will not revolve around the Operator"

They did say that none of them would be appearing in it, which wasn't particularly true. When Tim appeared the second time they clarified by saying none of them were going to appear in recurring roles.
TTA is neither here nor there, while it was confirmed Brian was Hoody and responsible for some of the videos, it was also confirmed the channel was ran by multiple people. TTA isn't one person but more like a collective or hivemind of people. THAC never said anything about TTA appearing in CL44

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:58 pm
420Goku
Veteran

What I don't get is why they practically reused the design of Hoodie. That never felt like anything more than a rehash to me. And while you can argue about whether or not it actually was TTA, they also basically brought back that specific video style in a very TTA way. They really in general didn't do a good job at distancing the new series from MH... which is why people began to assume there must be big connections. As per my cynical take I'd guess it was actually just lack of inspiration, and if the series continued it would've just gone on borrowing certain things from MH without ever making it feel like there are in-universe reasons.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm
brdardin
Veteran

Wow. This went quite downhill fast. A couple of my thoughts.

1.) CL44 was dull as shit. It didn't have the redeeming qualities that Marble Hornets did, so it's best that videos got taken down.

2.) Noah's post on the thread reeked of Baghdad Bob-esque manipulative tactics.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:09 am
kira1000
Decorated

They took down all the videos? When did that happen? Oh well, least I d/l'd the one I like (the "what is wrong with you" one in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:17 pm
Hazman
Entrenched

kira1000 wrote:
They took down all the videos? When did that happen? Oh well, least I d/l'd the one I like (the "what is wrong with you" one in advance.

Troy made them unlisted, they are still there if you have link

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:17 am
Geneaux486
I Have No Life

Was legitimately sad to find out about what happened between them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 am
Beidah
Unfettered

Yeah. I remember them being the best of friends in the commentaries and stuff. The good news is Joseph seems willing to mend the friendship, though I think Tim is gone forever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:49 am
lonsumtravlr
Entrenched

420Goku wrote:
What I don't get is why they practically reused the design of Hoodie. That never felt like anything more than a rehash to me. And while you can argue about whether or not it actually was TTA, they also basically brought back that specific video style in a very TTA way. They really in general didn't do a good job at distancing the new series from MH... which is why people began to assume there must be big connections. As per my cynical take I'd guess it was actually just lack of inspiration, and if the series continued it would've just gone on borrowing certain things from MH without ever making it feel like there are in-universe reasons.

I didn't think it was lack of inspiration--I think it was that "The Plan" (in Joseph's terms back when that brief gamejack occurred a year ago) got derailed when the THAC core crumbled. I even get this from Troy's statement about the reboot. I think the original plan (of course I have very little proof of this--next to none, actually) was for this shadowy figure to be something else entirely. That's what the Patreon teaser and thewaterisdeep gif with the odd reflection of the odd face that appeared in the aquarium led me to think.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:16 am
Page 216 of 217 [3254 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 214, 215, 216, 217  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: