Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!
 
The time now is Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[OOG] General Troy Has A Camera discussion
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 215 of 217 [3254 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 213, 214, 215, 216, 217  Next
Author Message
Luno
Decorated

Joined: 20 Aug 2011
Posts: 154
Location: Behind the lens

My favourite thread ever was this one: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33574

Laughing

In other news, the MH/CL44 Youtube channel has reverted back to MH only. All the Clear lakes vids have been set as unlisted. Troy has posted the individual links here: http://forums.thac.tv/forum/main-forum/44/167720-unlisted-cl44-video-links

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:29 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 749
Location: Ireland

people are taking liberties with the words "good old days" are you referring to just the MH section of UF or the forum as a whole, if the latter I'd say the best threads were Goomba and Hunter's shitposting

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 903

I don't know if this really counts, but one of my favorite things to do (which I haven't done recently, I just realized) is to go back and watch each MH entry, and then read the corresponding thread, and then the next entry & thread, etc. That gets easier once the entries start each getting their own separate threads; that one super thread gets really frustrating in places. Although it's hilarious to read some of the now off-the-wall theories that were practically being taken as fact.

It's also fun when I start seeing my own posts; I didn't get into MH (or any of the Slenderverse) until way late. In fact, I had just finished marathoning MH for the first time shortly before entry #72 came out. It was after that one that I signed up here.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Beidah
Unfettered


Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Posts: 701
Location: Floating in the Void

SilentMedusa wrote:
I don't know if this really counts, but one of my favorite things to do (which I haven't done recently, I just realized) is to go back and watch each MH entry, and then read the corresponding thread, and then the next entry & thread, etc. That gets easier once the entries start each getting their own separate threads; that one super thread gets really frustrating in places. Although it's hilarious to read some of the now off-the-wall theories that were practically being taken as fact.

It's also fun when I start seeing my own posts; I didn't get into MH (or any of the Slenderverse) until way late. In fact, I had just finished marathoning MH for the first time shortly before entry #72 came out. It was after that one that I signed up here.


I've done that a few times with some other series. Don't know why I never tried with MH. I was actually thinking of getting together some friends to watch MH as far as we could.
_________________
How can I help but use your eyes as a means for self-asphyxiation?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 749
Location: Ireland

none of my friends will watch MH with me :/

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:02 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Hazman
Entrenched

Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 876
Location: New Zealand

I convinced my friend to watch it after I got the BD shipped to him as I wasn't sure where I was going to be due to the end of the year and not sure if I was staying in my flat. He felt CL44 was a bit disappointing after MH.

I never really watched any other Slender series I just couldn't get into them after watching season 1 of MH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 749
Location: Ireland

Hazman wrote:
I convinced my friend to watch it after I got the BD shipped to him as I wasn't sure where I was going to be due to the end of the year and not sure if I was staying in my flat. He felt CL44 was a bit disappointing after MH.


what an unusual opinion.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Osttle
Unfettered


Joined: 11 Jul 2013
Posts: 414
Location: Your Basement

Never 4get "hoody is future jay"
_________________
Everything is fine

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 903

There was a brief time when that actually seemed plausible, since in Tribe Twelve Firebrand actually turned out to future! Noah.

The one that really pissed me off were all the "Hoody is a girl/Amy/Sarah" posts.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 749
Location: Ireland

Osttle wrote:
Never 4get "hoody is future jay"


get out.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Ascalondion
Decorated


Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Posts: 235
Location: Woods

Well, if you guys are bored and like to read, you can give "S." a try.

It has nothing to do with Slenderman, but parts are coming really close to the thing. At one point, the main characters explicitly mention the fear of becoming paranoid, feeling stalked, not sleeping well, going crazy and are even asking themselves who "that guy in the suit" is. (Though, afaik suit-guy is not that relevant to the "main" story.)

It also has codes to crack.

It may be difficult to read for some, but I think it's a good book for people who like to gloss over every little detail and make weird theories out of them. (*cough*hoodys chest moved so he is alive-theory*cough*)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Jamocha101
Unfettered


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 461
Location: Pennsylvania

Beidah wrote:
Of the three of us who are still here, you guys want to crack open a cold one and reminisce about the "good ol' days"? I'm think about crawling about the rage thread or something just to see forgotten usernames.

I had a lot of fun here. I made some friends here, but I don't know where they are anymore.


Oh my god, it was back in middle school that I used to commandeer project time in seminar class to crack open a laptop and sneak on the forum that my school's crappy firewall didn't block. I remember when Entry #54 came out and I had no time to watch it before the bus came, so I ran down the street with the computer in hand until the wifi gave out. Not to mention those 2012 synchtube marathons were so damn hella.

These were good times. I peeped in this thread (four years later, mother of god) because my brother and I watched "Always Watching" last night and it brought back memories of when Slenderman was relevant.

I never finished Marble Hornets, I'm trying to set aside time to marathon it. Idk what the hell this "Clear Lakes" business is. God almighty, I have catching up to do.
_________________
"I wish people with communication problems would just shut up."
--Tom Lehrer.


PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 749
Location: Ireland

Jamocha101 wrote:
Beidah wrote:
Of the three of us who are still here, you guys want to crack open a cold one and reminisce about the "good ol' days"? I'm think about crawling about the rage thread or something just to see forgotten usernames.

I had a lot of fun here. I made some friends here, but I don't know where they are anymore.


Oh my god, it was back in middle school that I used to commandeer project time in seminar class to crack open a laptop and sneak on the forum that my school's crappy firewall didn't block. I remember when Entry #54 came out and I had no time to watch it before the bus came, so I ran down the street with the computer in hand until the wifi gave out. Not to mention those 2012 synchtube marathons were so damn hella.

These were good times. I peeped in this thread (four years later, mother of god) because my brother and I watched "Always Watching" last night and it brought back memories of when Slenderman was relevant.

I never finished Marble Hornets, I'm trying to set aside time to marathon it. Idk what the hell this "Clear Lakes" business is. God almighty, I have catching up to do.


I envy you, you get to watch some of it for the first time. I can never watch any Entry for the first time again, (with the exception of Entry 37 on the S2 DVD).
I'd recommend staying off the forums until you've caught up, there's spoilers everywhere for MH and it's ending, don't worry too much about Clear Lakes though, somehow I have the feeling no one will spoil it for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:29 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched


Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Posts: 1099

Troy made the Clear Lakes videos unlisted due to this version of the series being cancelled (he might do a new one later but frankly I wouldn't bet money on it), so there's no danger of accidentally stumbling on them anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Cyan507
Unfettered


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 749
Location: Ireland

awakeasaurusrex wrote:
Troy made the Clear Lakes videos unlisted due to this version of the series being cancelled (he might do a new one later but frankly I wouldn't bet money on it), so there's no danger of accidentally stumbling on them anyway.


I would bet on it, but I wouldn't suggest Troy go ahead with it. Clear Lakes 1.0 was scuttled and even with a marginally better second round (which is unlikely with a one man crew) it won't have the same effect and it's lost it's first impression. We know what to expect now.

Troy should take some time out and see if he can join a creative collective or production company rather than create one. It'll benefit him more, he'll learn how to run a business then. Plus if he enters at entry level he's less likely to fuck it up for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:22 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 215 of 217 [3254 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 213, 214, 215, 216, 217  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group