Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] My Dads Tapes
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 117 [1749 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 115, 116, 117  Next
iceygray
Veteran

Here, try this link:
http://twitter.com/?lang=en&logged_out=1#!/MyDadsTapes

And if that still don't work, here is the photo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:05 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Kaefha
Boot

Thanks, now it works.
Old photo indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Zachariah Pajarito
Boot

New video. This time the masked man

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
is shown hurting the girl, and it is implied, putting her into a wheel chair.

Damn...
I feel so special for discovering this series Very Happy
Also, where did that picture come from, guys?
AND! That frame is shown again at 1:17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvh6huepc0&feature=feedbul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:22 pm
iceygray
Veteran

Zachariah Pajarito wrote:

The picture is from his twitter account, @mydadstapes
Also, I have been noticing that picture that is shown a lot too... I can't make it out and it is driving me nuts since it is shown so much. Any video gurus able to clean up those frames?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:30 pm
Alt-Demon
Veteran

He finally responded. Apparently, I found the right place.
Quote:
Thank you for this. I'm trying to figure out when my dad may have been in Ireland. This is very helpful!

Can you guys keep posting what's on the twitter feed? I don't use that.

The wheelchair and her busted up legs was legit creepy. xD

the dramatic music when he asks for help is kinda funny though.

Has anyone tried calling him yet?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:42 pm
Alt-Demon
Veteran

iceygray wrote:
Zachariah Pajarito wrote:

The picture is from his twitter account, @mydadstapes
Also, I have been noticing that picture that is shown a lot too... I can't make it out and it is driving me nuts since it is shown so much. Any video gurus able to clean up those frames?

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. I thought it was just me who oculdn't figure it out. xDD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 pm
AzureVortex
Boot

Just thought I'd leave a message saying that I will be following this as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:49 pm
Wabonan
Entrenched

The pic of the guy is from the early 60's see how thin the tie was? when we went into the 70s the ties got wider.... And havent gone back as thin.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Kaefha
Boot

Looks like some kind of fence and some structure(reminds me of children's play sets), maybe some people, but I'm not sure.
Bowserlike thing really attract all atention.
untitled.PNG
 Description   
 Filesize   320.18KB
 Viewed   142 Time(s)

untitled.PNG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 am
Draco
Veteran

Maybe some more Clues?

So first off, did anybody else notice that in clip#7 between 00:19-00:20 the guy sounds like he is saying "Okay Ed, what are we doing?" Could this be the very same Ed from the wedding in clip#9? This might be a coincidence but, the guy from clip#7 kinda looks like the photo of the dad from twitter. I'm probably wrong on that one but, its worth exploring. The "bowser" still at first just seemed to look like a black trash bag on the floor. The light hit it a certain way which made it look like a face. When people referred to it as Bowser though, it began to look more like a Chinese guardian lion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am
iceygray
Veteran

Draco, you might be onto something...

And Alt-Demon, what was the address you sent mydadstapes for the pub shown in the clip?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm
iceygray
Veteran

Ok guys, check this out. Remember when I mentioned that Zodiac Killer theory? Well someone else emailed mydadstapes about it as well. I just read this email from him I recieved:
Quote:

Someone sent me this and I thought I should send over to you since you mentioned this before. I'm not really sure what to make of it. What do you think?

That is a real eyewitness sketch of the zodiac killer. Creepingly similar. So I took this opportunity to pursue the Zodiac theory a little further and bring up some solid questions that have popped up from us on this thread:
Quote:
That is frighteningly similar...ok, I have some questions for you about you and your father that may help us in solving this.
1) What is the relationship between you and your family? Were your parents divorced and you grew up with your mother? I take it since you and your father didn't have a strong relationship you didn't live together.
2) There is a problem if your father is indeed linked with the zodiac killings. The time period matches up (your father's photo proves that, mostly cuz of the tie, late 60s early 70s), but the locations don't really match up. Where did your father live during those two decades? Your area code is for Connecticut, and the killings happened in California.
3) Do you know why your father was at an Irish pub? And in one of the videos, the masked man is in or near a stable, because there is a horse in the background. Did your or your father live near a farm or ranch at all? Do you know where that farm/ranch is?
4) Someone said that the guy on video 7 looks a lot like your father from the picture, and I agree. Is it?
5) You mentioned the guy in the wedding video being called Ed by the minister I believe. Also in video 7, around the 19-20 second mark, someone says, "Ok Ed, what are we doing." Another reason I'm wondering if that is your father being filmed in the beginning of that tape, cuz that guy does not look like Ed from the wedding tape.
6) Probably most puzzling of all, there is an image that keeps popping up in a lot of the videos, even appearing in your latest upload. It is this:

Someone on the forums said it reminds them of a chinese lion statue, but we will never be sure until the image is either cleaned up or is clearer on a video you find. Does this look familiar?

I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 pm
Alt-Demon
Veteran

iceygray wrote:
Draco, you might be onto something...

And Alt-Demon, what was the address you sent mydadstapes for the pub shown in the clip?

http://www.kerrytourist.com/details/murphys_bar.shtml
Has the address and phone for the place.

He's trying to figure out why his dad would be in ireland as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 am
iceygray
Veteran

Got my reply to the email I sent to him (one post up),

Quote:
1. My mother left my father while I was still young. Once that happened I didn't see him much after that. Occasional visits. I think he was manic depressive so anytime I had to see him, I tried to go when he was up. By the time I turned 18, my mom started going downhill herself so I moved out as soon as I could. My older sister left like I did. We've kept in contact but can't say we are a strong family in any respect.

2. He went to school in San Francisco and spent a good amount of time in California. I know he would travel there frequently and did so up until I was born. Those trips probably slowed down or even halted around 1975 or so.

3. I don't know about the pub. While he traveled, I'm not sure of any trips outside of the country. The ranch may have been his fathers. I only met that grandfather once. His property may have had stables. There was no deeds or anything for it in his belongings so I assume he ditched it years ago.

4. I do notice the resemblance. He may be related somehow. I haven't shown this footage to anyone I know yet because I think it would weird people out.

5. Outside of the wedding video, I haven't seen Ed in any other footage.

6. I can't tell what that is either. I'll see if I can get a better shot of that image.

I still have a lot of tapes to go through and need to track down a disk drive to see what's on the floppys.

This is really looking like his father is linked one way or another to the Zodiac Killer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_Killer
The time of the zodiac killings match up with his father being in California.
The man in video 7 with the kids seems to have some form of family resemblance according to mydadstapes. He is gonna keep an eye out for more of that bowser image that keeps popping up in clips. I hope he gets that disk drive soon, very interested in those floppys...
What do you guys think about this email?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:37 pm
Alt-Demon
Veteran

his sister...he has a sister, and she's older, maybe she knows something!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:56 pm
Page 3 of 117 [1749 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 115, 116, 117  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: