Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] My Dads Tapes
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 117 of 117 [1749 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 115, 116, 117 
jono
Decorated

Yeah this is weird...I am not sure where we are going

Random OOC shot with Meta-thinking

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
The only way I can explain the random vanishing of plot threads and bits is the fact that Chris is the killer and all of this is his delusion via him being nuttier than a fruit cake or having a taste for theatrics. That would explain the random blanking audio and the random message on the mirror. That or we presume that DNC or someone in that circle are supernatural.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Tails
Decorated

Re: Majorly OOG mini-vent thing
I really love this series I promise.

OhWhatProvidence wrote:
okay you guys know that I love this series just as much as everyone else. if not more. You guys all know the time and effort i've put into trying to promote the series, recording phone calls, pulling plots apart, all that.
But, this entire episode.
What did it do?

We already had a good, solid, idea of Sam's 'legacy'. We knew that some stranger pulled Sam into a cult, and at the time we didn't really care who it was. (I think most of us assumed it was Zodiac which gave it a nice real world connection?)

IG, Chris has said/implied before that after Kathleen's death all he wants is to end this between him and DNC and Don. Season 1 was all about putting the clues together and finding out what the hell was going on. Season 2, or at least how I was led to believe it, has been all about, well, The Hunt for DNC.

OOG, it makes little sense for this new figure to be introduced now. If he had to be introduced at all, it should have been somewhere in the Scientology/Journal arc, IMO.

And the random cutting out of the audio. Yes, it is creepy. But it doesn't serve a purpose. Even though it's pointed out. There is such a thing as conservation of detail in a story, especially an ARG.

Nothing that she said during the muted part was anything we, the players, couldn't have already guessed/suspected (Milt had an agenda). All it did was add yet another level of confusion to the story where there doesn't need to be.

Current plot threads we have hanging:

Emily/fake Emily
    matchbox
    the vhs tape
    where the f u c k is Don?
    where the f u c k is DNC?

Current plot threads this episode solved:
    None
    Oh wait I thought Chris' sister died??? Is she alive or are they doing that semi-creepy talking-about-her-grave-like-it's-her-home thing?

Current plot threads this episode brought up:
    Is something ooky-spooky supernatural going on? Is the PM going to pull an "I Am Not a Serial Killer" on us???
    "Who is Milt?"

I'm not saying that I'm leaving the series or anything. Far from it. I still love it, or else I wouldn't be bringing this up. The series is great and has always had a bit of an issue with too-many-plots-at-once phenomena. But this episode, I think, definitely highlighted why this method doesn't work for the mystery genre, much less ARGs.

I know answers are supposed to be slow coming, it's supposed to be a slow burning plot, a slow build of tension and clues. But there comes a point when the wait between entries and the amount of clues doesn't quite even out.

And yes, yes, it's free. I get that. (though I would gladly pay for it and you all know that)

But that doesn't mean I can't get frustrated with things like this. The last thing we need are new characters, new plots. We still never heard back from Adam, did we?

Yeah this is true Sad

Quote:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the party, but thought I would introduce myself. I'm currently trying to catch up and marathon thru so I can help out. Lots to read here as well. I'll chime in if/when I can. Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome to the wild ride Very Happy

And....we have a new video:

YouTube: Link

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:38 pm
 ICQ Number 
AlexApples
Greenhorn

Quote:
Welcome to the wild ride

Thank you very much! Very Happy

About the sound issue, I watched #58 just yesterday which has sound interference too. Not sure if it's related in anyway, but as I'm using fresh eyes, thought I would post about it. Smile

YouTube: Link

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm
AlexApples
Greenhorn

Is this one dead? I haven't seen anything lately. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:16 pm
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Apparently a video was posted a few days ago and I only just got the email for it.

To be honest, I'm not folowing this (or any args for that matter, since MH ended) very closely anymore because I have my own short film stuff I'm doing buttttttt it is nice to see it's kind of back? Old friends etc.

I'm not sure if this warrants a moving back to n&r or some other section. the fanbase is kind of gone, idk.

Ah we have another alice in wonderland reference for jono. (if you're still around? anyone?)

Is there something leaning on the side of the electrical unit (it looks like a body?? it shows up just before the flash to the actual dead body)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obaS2aqpTDM[/youtube]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:52 pm
Pandaren
Boot

I hope this one hasn't died...this was really spooky & eerie. I loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:05 pm
Pandaren
Boot

...is anyone there? Or has this series died? Please, let this be revived!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:35 pm
Pandaren
Boot

Sigh.

I guess it's dead...

*Weeps*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:53 pm
BnSwiss
Kilroy

NASAJIM/BNSWISS

hey somehow i found this! I am BNSWISS! let me explain my deal with NASAJIM its been a long time so i forgot some of the details. The reason I am convinced that guy is a murder or something weird is because he use to have a video that has since been taken down that had a corpse in the background. You may remeber the video it was typical nasajim bullshit but at the end there was this little puppet guy that talked and if you paused the video and looked in the background you could see a blooded corpse tied to a chair in the background.

If I had only seen the video with the girl I would of assumed it was just some creepy art project but after I saw the weird puppet video with the corpse plus the girl tied to the chair I thought something mustve been up.

i'm not crazy either i've never seen anything this weird on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo0decEybWo

"i'm a little concerned for my safety by saying this by i think this guy is murdering microbiologist. they are said to have been found with slashed wrists and this girl is tied to a chair by her wrists also if you zoom in on his fan it says names of microbiologists who are missing or have been killed under suspicious circumstances read about it."
-- Bnswiss 5 months ago

There's much to be decoded on the fan the goat creature opens up at 0:13.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:43 pm
Page 117 of 117 [1749 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 115, 116, 117 
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: