Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] My Dads Tapes
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 115 of 117 [1749 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Okay, so we have a new video from MDT, I can't embed it since I'm on my phone right now. Link: http://youtu.be/4S4D_N0jBNk

Amd a tweet from DNC: "keep those trains running on time, Adams"

("and at least the trains all run on time but they don't go anywhere..." I know it has bigger connections to Mussioli, but I can't help to draw connections from Adams to Dect. Finch!!! Especially given DNC's theatrics.... I'm rambling, sorry...)

Chris meets with Adam. They figure out the connection if Arizona between everything? Then Chris sort of switches topics which was frustrating because they were onto something!

They mention stuff going on I'm Miami and I have to wonder why Adams brought all that up twice because he normally is very to the point and doesn't talk about other cases much... Also we found out a few things about Lilith (or at least that the creators haven't forgotten about her)

I feel like Lilith is prob going to show back up, because the way she was introduced and stuff just tie her too much to the plot.... I hope she's not just poofed.

Chris has a wall of crazy going on, amd admits to obsessing over Em which sort of worries me? Maybe just because we have heard anything period from Cheis in a while an I'm all antsy since we got some new tidbits.

Arizona was interesting and I feel dumb for not getting it before. I feel like maybe the white bison might be connected somehow, but the white bison is the st animal of Wyoming, not AZ. But there were some whit bison born there in the last few years.... Maybe DNC is hiding out inAZ?

Adams also mentions something Em was afraid of. I always figured it was just din and DNC, but what if its more? What if there's some thief (fourth?) party controlling Don and co? Hints seem like it...

Also the security camera footage bugs ,e for some reason. For one, it reminds me of DNCs camerawork, amd it also just doesn't seem like so etching Chris would normally do, he does long shots and doesn't edit too much, but we see like five or six spiced shots of the security cam footage in there... Maybe a hint from the PM to focus on the wall of crazy and the various objects? We should go back and see what's on there amd how it might tie back on. I think its about time to maybe just go through archives and see any other hits toward Arizona or catch any other stuff we missed.

Also I totally forgot who Cassandra is...:n; help? Was she the prostitiute with the broken wrist? Adams says that she was trying to do the right thing but I don't rememeber anyone doing anything that was a part of th DNC case other than Chris, Kath and Lilith? Amd that one Scientology lady. And maybe Em... But I still don't trust Em. But yea, was Cassandra actually related to the plot other than just a random victim?

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:28 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
jono
Decorated

Yeah that security cam is weird...why splice it in?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:25 pm
Tails
Decorated

OhWhatProvidence wrote:
Okay, so we have a new video from MDT, I can't embed it since I'm on my phone right now. Link: http://youtu.be/4S4D_N0jBNk

Amd a tweet from DNC: "keep those trains running on time, Adams"

("and at least the trains all run on time but they don't go anywhere..." I know it has bigger connections to Mussioli, but I can't help to draw connections from Adams to Dect. Finch!!! Especially given DNC's theatrics.... I'm rambling, sorry...)

Chris meets with Adam. They figure out the connection if Arizona between everything? Then Chris sort of switches topics which was frustrating because they were onto something!

They mention stuff going on I'm Miami and I have to wonder why Adams brought all that up twice because he normally is very to the point and doesn't talk about other cases much... Also we found out a few things about Lilith (or at least that the creators haven't forgotten about her)

I feel like Lilith is prob going to show back up, because the way she was introduced and stuff just tie her too much to the plot.... I hope she's not just poofed.

Chris has a wall of crazy going on, amd admits to obsessing over Em which sort of worries me? Maybe just because we have heard anything period from Cheis in a while an I'm all antsy since we got some new tidbits.

Arizona was interesting and I feel dumb for not getting it before. I feel like maybe the white bison might be connected somehow, but the white bison is the st animal of Wyoming, not AZ. But there were some whit bison born there in the last few years.... Maybe DNC is hiding out inAZ?

Adams also mentions something Em was afraid of. I always figured it was just din and DNC, but what if its more? What if there's some thief (fourth?) party controlling Don and co? Hints seem like it...

Also the security camera footage bugs ,e for some reason. For one, it reminds me of DNCs camerawork, amd it also just doesn't seem like so etching Chris would normally do, he does long shots and doesn't edit too much, but we see like five or six spiced shots of the security cam footage in there... Maybe a hint from the PM to focus on the wall of crazy and the various objects? We should go back and see what's on there amd how it might tie back on. I think its about time to maybe just go through archives and see any other hits toward Arizona or catch any other stuff we missed.

Also I totally forgot who Cassandra is...:n; help? Was she the prostitiute with the broken wrist? Adams says that she was trying to do the right thing but I don't rememeber anyone doing anything that was a part of th DNC case other than Chris, Kath and Lilith? Amd that one Scientology lady. And maybe Em... But I still don't trust Em. But yea, was Cassandra actually related to the plot other than just a random victim?

Thoughts?

So....well about that Arizona thing, i tried to look back (which is really hard, because i got the feeling that the wiki is not up to date) and one thing i found about this arizona connection(?) was here: http://mydadstapes.wikidot.com/the-lockbox-contents
and that he maybe was already in arizona once or at least mentioned it based on this post
OMG and this "Melissa" (from the "Melissa" video) was from arizona too o.o (according to her twitter)

and about "cassandra"....was it ever really cleared who she was? Because all i could find while looking back was that it was theorized that this "Melissa" was "cassandra".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 pm
 ICQ Number 
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Yeaaaaaah the wiki got abandoned about the time Clem got banned or w/e, we sort of decised not to bother with it anymore in all that chos, IIRC....it's not up to date at allllll.

I rememeber actually getting a phone call from a Cassandra though. I can sort of remember who she was because I rmemeber that she was importation but I forgot.... Ugh it's been too long. I'll ask Chris directly. He should be able to help...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 pm
Tails
Decorated

OhWhatProvidence wrote:
Yeaaaaaah the wiki got abandoned about the time Clem got banned or w/e, we sort of decised not to bother with it anymore in all that chos, IIRC....it's not up to date at allllll.

I rememeber actually getting a phone call from a Cassandra though. I can sort of remember who she was because I rmemeber that she was importation but I forgot.... Ugh it's been too long. I'll ask Chris directly. He should be able to help...

Oh?
Well, itīs a shame that the wiki got abadoned, that would have been a great help for looking for clues Sad

i will continue looking through the thread, maybe i will find more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 pm
 ICQ Number 
anikanovak
Kilroy

Hey, I'm new here and have been catching up on My Dad's Tapes and the world of ARGs. I noticed no one has posted the last episode so figure now was the time to make an account.

YouTube: Link

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:27 am
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

My gut still doesn't trust Em but I like her story. Poor baby was shaking.
The static was really really interesting! Was that part of her brainwashing (like Patty Hearst?) and we've seen those videos with all the static TV! Nice to see things coming together!

Oh and there's a new video from DNC:

YouTube: Link

Haven't watched it yet, will add comments when I have.
EDIT: what the fuck was that.

"i'm going to slowly and painfully torture and kill you but here's a bucket for you to vomit in, we don't want you to be uncomfortable"

Okay, for the video itself. Uh. Emily is an imposter? or, our Emily is? Was it a literal death or is DNC being symbolic again?

The flies drowning in the drink seems symbolic somehow but all that comes to mind is 'you trap more flies with honey'. Maybe our Em is just trying to get attention somehow? (it wouldn't be too much to say that she's been watching the videos and has just strung a story together for the attention, since Chris puts all his findings online and Em's story didn't bring too much new/not already speculated on stuff to the table) Like Munchausen syndrome, only with more serial killer creepiness.

Though the name Emily was new I think. I don't think we had anything more then "ES" before she came along, did we? And we thought it was Chris' mother or something because of the S for Smith?

(also where have i seen that victim before I feel like we've seen her in one of the videos before but with so many skinny blondes that DNC goes through who knows)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:29 pm
Tails
Decorated

The Audio in that new DNC video was weird (all these sounds and partly even a voice that was hard to hear - not the voice of the girl) , maybe there is something hiding in it?
Also, i agree with you, that video looks like DNC wants to tell us that the "Emily" that Chris and Adams interviewed is an imposter.
Also, i have the feeling that DNC did choose that girl because she seems to look a lot like the emily-imposter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:02 pm
 ICQ Number 
elkapo
Unfettered

Binary...
"might not be the end"

This scene of the girl getting up is similar a previous one, which dnc used as avatar on twitter some time ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:34 am
jono
Decorated

OhWhatProvidence wrote:

EDIT: what the fuck was that.Haven't watched it yet, will add

"i'm going to slowly and painfully torture and kill you but here's a bucket for you to vomit in, we don't want you to be uncomfortable"

Okay, for the video itself. Uh. Emily is an imposter? or, our Emily is? Was it a literal death or is DNC being symbolic again?

The flies drowning in the drink seems symbolic somehow but all that comes to mind is 'you trap more flies with honey'. Maybe our Em is just trying to get attention somehow? (it wouldn't be too much to say that she's been watching the videos and has just strung a story together for the attention, since Chris puts all his findings online and Em's story didn't bring too much new/not already speculated on stuff to the table) Like Munchausen syndrome, only with more serial killer creepiness.

Though the name Emily was new I think. I don't think we had anything more then "ES" before she came along, did we? And we thought it was Chris' mother or something because of the S for Smith?

(also where have i seen that victim before I feel like we've seen her in one of the videos before but with so many skinny blondes that DNC goes through who knows)

Well random points...

Is the bucket reference to the slang "puking your guts up" for telling the truth? I also think the bucket is because youtube can be rather funny with vomit and its hard to make it look realistic as you can't really hold enough in your mouth for it to work.

But I think he is saying we have fakes flying around. Which isn't the first time the idea of fakery has appeared.

Also should be pointed out you do attract more flies with vinegar than honey, its a common mistake. DNC has been anal before so I don't put it past him making that reference.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 am
anikanovak
Kilroy

That last video was disturbing. What does that tarot card represent? I'm still catching up, so sorry if I'm clueless. How did you find it using binary? It's clearly been altered. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:28 am
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

I can't seem to find the image at all, tinurl is being a pain for some reason and the img elkapo posted is showing up broken.
Did anyone notice the title changed from "q and a o" to "q and a and o"? or am I just going nuts over here and it was always 'q and a and o'

also I didn't see ANY binary, crazy good catch there, elkapo.

EDIT: in other news, my good friend Megan and I are going to meet up tomorrow to plan out the kill video DNC asked me to make (how i'm gonna kill her, camera angles, what days she's free, etc) Now that it's close to Halloween NorCostCo is having a sale on their liquid latex and stuff, and she has a semi-empty storage building we can use... just need to find a good lighting source.

I'm still trying to decide if I should 'flatter' DNC by copying his kill style and camerawork/editing, or if I should try my own stuff (but i really have no idea what that would actually entail, tbh-- I guess a lot of it comes down to what supplies i have at my disposal and my makeup skills)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 am
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Does anyone have DNC's new number? I forgot what it was and I have a new phone and I lost the number (my old phone won't turn on, I lost ALL my numbers!) D:

The good news is that now that I have my phone I can call Megan and work on the kill video, though.

I guess I could do it the hard way and find that video again and count it out... Bang Head

EDIt: did anyone notice that on the death card, the / in DNC's symbol flashes for a second or two? Does that maybe mean anything or am I looking for things where there aren't? Any ideas?

this whole fanbase is so dead it's upsetting we have like four, five active fans...

EDIT again:
http://gif-explode.com/?explode=http://anony.ws/i/2013/09/22/lC8sk.gif

There's also the child and the maiden gagged and x'd out (dead?) respectivly.

Quote:
The maiden seeming distraught by the fall of the king represents the sorrow and great pain that often accompanies death.

The child, seemingly entranced by the occurrence, may represent bewilderment or curiosity.`~wikipedia

So sorrow is dead (maybe it represents real-Emily?) and the curiosity is kept silent.

Maybe the child represents fake-Emily, telling her to shut up because no matter how fascinating this case may seem to her, it's not her problem? But DNC encourages US to play along if we find this thing fascinating and interesting.

I guess the issue is that she's trying to get an in by pretending to be part of the group when she's not? I mean, not the 'be like me' but she's claiming to be an old guard basically.

And the question of how she got the name Emily right is still up in the air and I wanna ask her that. Was it ever in a video before the first phone call of "My name is Emily and I think you've been looking for me." because I REALLY don't think it ever was?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:49 am
jono
Decorated

So..he has seemingly pulled it from a Rider-Waite tarot deck. This may be deliberate. Or just because wikipedia has the full set digitized at decent quality.

He has changed very very little which is interesting.

So we have:

Skull Face: This guy is unaltered, but he does resemble DNC's Mask. It should be noted in the edit he does carry the Banner of DNC. Meaning death may not be DNC but may be working to his aims or vice versa hence the banner.

Bishop: The Bishop has become Gromit Face. This is interesting as shouldn't he be the king? I mean he is already dead and seems to be the highest in command of all the masks shown. Meant to represent the power of faith in the face of death and faith in the major plan of the devine. This is interesting as the Dad must have had faith in the over arching plan and maybe belived in the deaths that occured when he was part of the team.

Woman/Maiden: Could be the red/bubblegum mask. Its hard to tell due to the resolution. It could also represent Kathleen? I mean the crossed eyes could be the masks details or the common comics trope of X X eyes being dead characters. In the normal card she is upset due to the death of the king and is fully alive...so is bubblegum mask upset at the death of the king....or just the woman is dead...

Child: As OWP said, it means bewilderment. However, are we sure thats a gag? It looks a lot more like a surgical mask (due to the double strap). These are worn a lot to prevent germs..could it mean immunity from death? If so could it be Chris or Emily? I mean surly if DNC wanted them dead he could have done it by now, there seems to be a reason why he can't just murder them both.

King: The only non-altered part of the card. Designed to show death can come for us all. So is the kind unaltered as we don't know the leader of the group? does it not matter as he is dead?

Banner: This is odd. In the original set the banner is marked with the number XIII and the Mythic Rose. It has been replaced with a flashing DNC symbol.

Okay. Odd theory time. The death card does not mean death but new beginings, the start of a new cycle and self-awerness. Could the change in the symbol signify DNC becoming a new person, the symbol reforming like they are? Stepping up their efforts to hunt down Chris and get whatever the hell it is they want?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:37 am
Tails
Decorated

itīs really interesting what you guys were coming up with. Smile
Sadly i feel like iīm not really a big help there,because i have no real knowledge of tarot cards Sad
(Thatīs why i was not really posting in here for a while, iīm sorry Sad ).
But now i wanna try to throw out my theory on it.
Btw, is it me or does it look like the King is having a cut through his throat?
Also what if that tarot card was a warning towards Chris that if he doesnīt start investigating soon (represented by the "courious child" that has been "gagged" so it canīt ask questions), then DNC will come (the Knight of death) and make the "fake" emily shut up forever (the "x"s in her eyes + the "sewn up" mouth) which will cause Chrisī Downfall (the dead King).
The Priest maybe could represent adams?

(I have the feeling like i interpret it totally wrong, but i think that is worth a shot^^)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:24 am
 ICQ Number 
Page 115 of 117 [1749 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: