Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:36 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Marble Hornets Timeline, 2009-2011
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 5 [74 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
MorbidPuppies
Unfictologist

My favorite was his surprise at how fast they had the entry posted and discussed before he could even post it himself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
12th
Unfettered

I'd quote the tables, but damn, I don't want to cut out so much text for just one problem.

Was there confirmation that Entry #46 came AFTER Entry #45? From the dominant discussion, I thought it was agreed that Entry #46 happened somewhere between Entry #44 (alex plays with markers!) & Entry #45 (no KEY on wall, ~3 month jump after prior entries).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:42 pm
MorbidPuppies
Unfictologist

12th wrote:
I'd quote the tables, but damn, I don't want to cut out so much text for just one problem.

Was there confirmation that Entry #46 came AFTER Entry #45? From the dominant discussion, I thought it was agreed that Entry #46 happened somewhere between Entry #44 (alex plays with markers!) & Entry #45 (no KEY on wall, ~3 month jump after prior entries).

I think it became more of a wait and see thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm
Randoman96
Unfictologist

Initially, I believed it took place after 45, but the discussion with Jay and Alex makes me think before. Why would Jay wait three months to follow Alex and infiltrate his house (very stealthily, might I add)?

Unless, lolJay.

Join us at Interplosion AW YEAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:46 pm
MorbidPuppies
Unfictologist

Well part of the answer is if Jay is a reliable narrator, because we only get to see what he wants us to see.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:27 pm
Foood
Unfettered

Changed it to say "~Sometime before or after July 22nd, 2010 - The events of Entry #46 occur. Jay sneaks into Alex's house."

Randoman96 wrote:
Why would Jay wait three months to follow Alex and infiltrate his house (very stealthily, might I add)?

I was thinking that it took 3 months for Jay to find out where Alex actually lived.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:09 pm
MorbidPuppies
Unfictologist

Foood wrote:
Changed it to say "~Sometime before or after July 22nd, 2010 - The events of Entry #46 occur. Jay sneaks into Alex's house."

Randoman96 wrote:
Why would Jay wait three months to follow Alex and infiltrate his house (very stealthily, might I add)?

I was thinking that it took 3 months for Jay to find out where Alex actually lived.

Or 3 months for him to record what exactly he was doing watching Alex from the woods...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:16 pm
Foood
Unfettered

Wait, is it supposed to be implied that Alex has been regular trips to the woods since Entry #43? That would make sense. I wish they had tacked on footage of Jay spying on him onto the beginning of Entry #46. Even if it was just a really short clip. They should've shown bits and pieces of what was generally going on in those three months they skipped (in a similar style to Entry #3), not just the main scenes/events.

edit: Entry #47 pretty much confirms that 45 comes before 46, since Alex mentions "psychopaths wearing masks following [him] around" (entry 45). Reverting my last change.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm
NewInTown2
Unfettered

The tapes from the missing months are in chronological order. Unless Jay says he's looking at an unlabeled one. So the order is 45 -> 46 -> 47.

Also

This timetable makes mine look like crap Sad.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 pm
Deimos
Unfettered

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Interplosionary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:32 pm
McWeird007
Decorated

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:15 pm
WindowCreeper
Greenhorn

Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm
Spakken
Boot

The Something Awful forum that started the Slenderman myth was created on June 8, 2009. The first actual post of Slenderman (found on page three of the thread) can be found here . Just click the link. It was posted June 10, 2009 by Something Awful poster Victor Surge who had been part of the SA forums since early February of 2006.

The post in question was posted 11 days before Jay creates Marble hornets. The poster of the Slenderman Mythos joined Something Awful earlier the same year that Alex started filming Marble Hornets. From what we can glean of the filming project, Alex was likely filming in Spring or Early Summer, possibly a month to three months after Victor Surge joined Something Awful.

A number of curiousities follows:
  • Victor Surge's icon is that of a frumpy English Gentleman, but instead of a jpeg, it actually is a gif that flashes a hidden image (possibly Slenderman) if you wait long enough. This happens approximately every 10-13 seconds.
  • Victor Surge joined Something Awful earlier the same year that Alex started filming Marble Hornets and seeing Slenderman. It appears the early videos have him filming somewhere between Spring and early Summer, meaning that he could be filming anywhere between 1 to 4 months after Victor Surge joins.
  • The post of Slenderman was altered on the 25th of June, which is the same date that Entry #4 was posted, showing Alex and Slendy in a playground. I've no idea how the original post on the SA forums differs from the one that shows now, but one of the photos is set in a playground.
  • 19 minutes after Victor Suge's post. A poster named Slidebite comments, "You just know a couple of the good ones are going to eventually make it to paranormal websites and be used as genuine." (I add this one for a bit of fun, but it's quite uncanny.)

That's all I got when it comes to the original Something Awful post, but I haven't seen anybody else discover this yet, and a lot of this info is grounded in relative time, so I think it goes best in this thread. I might repost this in other, more recently used threads if no one minds. This is all I could get without having to sign up for Something Awful (which I don't really care to do). If anybody else has an SA account, see if you can look at Victor Surge's post history. This game might have been going on for longer than we thought, or the game might have been framed temporally around the original poster's profile. I've got a few theories that Victor Surge might be Alex, Jay, or Masky (who would have been just Tim in 2006, but Masky in 2009).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:30 pm
onetruepurple
Unfettered

Spakken wrote:
I've got a few theories that Victor Surge might be Alex, Jay, or Masky (who would have been just Tim in 2006, but Masky in 2009).

Nope, Victor Surge is Victor Surge. If you go several pages further, however, you'll notice a certain post by "ce gars".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm
Spakken
Boot

Aw well. Still, there's a lot of neat little timeline things to help out this timeline thread. My research did not go to waste.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm
Page 2 of 5 [74 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: