Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:42 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Mod News
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 2 [30 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

That's alright, I'll keep uping the ante and by the time you guys get it, I will have committed myself to a seven-course gourmet Marble Hornets-themed dinner for everyone or something. :D

And oh look, we got a ragequit with that one! Double your value for one troll thread. To my regulars who have taken so beautifully to the PM-those-who-post-in-troll-threads strategy, hoorah! High fives all around. Keep being rad.

To those who haven't quite caught on yet... keep trying, you'll get there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:09 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
punxtr
Die Hard Try Hard

I like being threatened and called a loser over PM, it validates my lifestyle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 pm
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

Eugh... oh, dear. Okay, so maybe I should have added an addendum to my suggestion.

Folks who feel the urge to berate those who post in troll threads" PM the people who post, but don't be a huge dick about it. Or even a little dick. "Don't post in troll threads!" suffices.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm
punxtr
Die Hard Try Hard

Actually, no, those are responses to my PMs. I didn't think they were that bad...

Every message I've sent:

Quote:
don't reply to the troll entries. just don't. we all know what they're doing, but don't say it in the troll entry. don't. lol

Quote:
don't post in them fake ones even to tell people not to post in them! just PM the piss out of them like i do!

Quote:
don't reply to the troll threads at all, under no circumstance, even if you are God, or Twin T. Dahla... thankyou

Quote:
don't reply to troll threads in any circumstance, even the circumstances you thought made it okay to reply in a troll thread! just ignore them!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111101001010100100101010010100010101001010101101001 01100111 01101110 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101101

Quote:
don't post in the troll threads... c'mon... just don't do it at all. under no circumstance...

Quote:
don't respond to troll threads. just delete your post before someone else does. the less attention they get, the better. that is a better solution than banning some asshat with a dynamic ip. sound reasonable?

Quote:
please stop feeding the trolls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:31 pm
Last edited by punxtr on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xicon
Unfettered

punxtr wrote:
I like being threatened and called a loser over PM, it validates my lifestyle.

Didn't you hear? We're losers for wanting a forum devoid of trolls, and kindly promoting such an environment is an offense worthy of threatening! People just don't get it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:33 pm
punxtr
Die Hard Try Hard

It's funny, some of the responses I get.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 pm
GiskardModerator
Sassypants

Hey folks! As of today, I've updated the mod list for the MH forum to reflect actual active mod status. This means I've removed Dav and ndemeter, as they've moved on to other priorities, but added Zarrrg (welcome and a huge thanks for helping out!!) and myself.

I'm an admin at Unfiction and haven't been actively following MH myself, but I thought it'd be nice for JKat, who's been doing an awesome job moderating basically by herself for the past months, to get some extra support from us, so I'll try and help out as much as possible.

By adding active mods to the forum I hope we can more effectively address your concerns and complaints about moderation, however, we aren't changing the forum policy that's been applied so far, so I guess the challenge of getting JKat to bake us some cookies is still up Wink

In the meantime, have a stroopwafel Stroopwafel and if you have questions, remarks or feedback, let us know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:28 pm
 ICQ Number 
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

I second the cookies-baking thing, as the most likely forum member to benefit from achieving this goal! >.>"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:37 am
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

So, this is the last day for some time that I know for sure I'll have reliable internet. We're moving tomorrow, and there's at least a month where we're house-sitting an as-yet-uninhabited apartment -- ie, no internet set up yet. Public libraries, Starbuckses, and Wind kiosks will be the only time you hear from me till October, possibly mid-October.

:c I am going to miss so many awesome Marble Hornetses.

This month's ante: If I get back in October and hear from Zarggg and Giskard that no one replied to any troll threads, I will bake Operator cupcakes. Any Unfictioners in Vancouver will be welcome to claim one. Go!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 pm
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

I'm upping the ante by adding that I'll bake a motherfucking key lime cheesecake/pie a la cooking with totheark.

If our place burns down and we never show up on unfiction again, I apologize in advance for no pics. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:21 pm
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

I would like to remind you guys of two things:

• If you are quoting a post with images, please change the IMG bbCode tags to URL tags, so that you don't make everyone scroll through the images again. If you're posting about a single image several pages back, that's fine, but even five of them in a row is just cumbersome.
  • If you are replying to the post immediately before yours, you don't need to quote the post at all. The rest of us will know what post you're talking about. If you're not sure your own post is clear, you can just put "@Username" before your own text.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:34 am
DHawk314
Entrenched

^If you quote something with an embedded YouTube video should you change that to a URL too?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 pm
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

Probably. It's not as much of an issue as posts with images.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 pm
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

Just wanted to let you guys know that my ISP is being a jerk to me and I expect to be without internet access for two weeks starting on Monday. I'll try to get on at coffee houses and the like when I can, but I probably won't be checking up here every day or every other day like I have been.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

Because of the recently-uploaded video simply titled "entry," I have changed the page name of "Entry ######" from "entry" to "entry-number-sign". The original name was used on the wiki because you cannot use the number sign ("#") in a URI. That symbol has special meaning in URIs, referring to a section of a page (or a placeholder for JavaScript and Action Script functions).

The new "entry" video will have the "entry-video" page name and titled "entry (video)" on the wiki to avoid ambiguity with the general term of "entry".

All links in the wiki should have been fixed, but please be aware of this for external links.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 pm
Page 2 of 2 [30 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: