Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:27 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
New Users, Read This First!
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Gupfee
Site Admin

Post Labels & Other Info
Helpful reminders

[OT] - Off topic discussions that aren't directly related to game play
[SPEC] - Speculation about the game that may or may not be relevant, but stays on topic.
[INFO] - A post or collection of facts, like email addresses, web sites, character names and info, etc.
[PUZZLE] - self evident - once the puzzle has been solved, the label should be edited to a [SOLVED] tag

More labels and guidelines can be found in this post:

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134622

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:39 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

Marble Hornets Separated from other Slendy-ARGS!

Hi, folks who check this forum first because it happens to be the URL that they know to the unfiction forums! If, like me, you notice that nothing seems to be happening in this forum, it's because the admins of the Unfiction forums have sussed out and moved the non-Marble Hornets Slender ARG's to a new forum.

It can be found here.

One of the admins has even written a post describing what's happened, here.

Never fear about Marble Hornets: Troy has been adamant that more of the series will come out... some time. We can hope that will be soon, but in the meantime, this forum will remain in the 'archive: ephemeral' section of the site. If and when Marble Hornets gets back to action, the admins will move it out of the archives.

Just a FYI from your friendly neighborhood fangirl!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:00 pm
SickSlickMan
Account Disabled

Ohhh okay...I thought I was going crazy and I was the only one that noticed that an entire page of the forum was missing, hahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:16 pm
ndemeter
Entrenched

Signatures, avatars, embedded images, and size limits

Hello all,

First of all let me just say that we enjoy the enthusiasm that our posters in Marble Hornets and Slender Man Mythos bring to the forums. With that being said we do want to make sure that everyone gets to enjoy their stay here and the experience is absolutely the best for all involved. Compound all those statements with the fact that unfiction is run by SpaceBass and others via donations that keep this place running regardless of the bandwidth that's dished out there on a daily basis.

So I have to politely ask if you guys can keep in check amongst yourselves the signature and avatar sizes that you use. For avatars we can pretty much control that via the forum control panels. But if you choose to embed an image for your signature please try to keep it under 40k. If you embed two images of 23k each that means that each of your post dishes out 46k additionally to whatever else you are posting.

The same goes with embedded images in your messages. The rule of thumb there is to put large files as attachments or post the URL to the image instead of using the IMG tags to embed them inside your posts. That means that the image is only served out only to those that click on the link and not to everyone that is simply turning the pages.

We appreciate everyone's cooperation with this. We, just like all of you, are players and want to make sure that the forums provide the best experience possible. If we can all work together we can make sure that this goal is always a reality.

Thank you.

Nicko D.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavFlamerock
Entrenched

[INFO]Marble Hornets IRC Channels
Depending on your preferred server...

The official Unfiction IRC channel:

Server:
irc.chat-solutions.org
Channel:
#marblehornets

Secondary IRC channel (on the Something Awful server):

Server:
irc.synirc.net
Channel:
#marblehornets

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 am
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Hey NDE,

You know how the forum works better than I, but surely if images are incorporated by using IMG tags that doesn't use any of unfiction's bandwidth, but calls on the bandwidth of the external site the image is hosted on?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 pm
catherwood
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

awakeasaurusrex wrote:
Hey NDE,

You know how the forum works better than I, but surely if images are incorporated by using IMG tags that doesn't use any of unfiction's bandwidth, but calls on the bandwidth of the external site the image is hosted on?

It hurts my computer's download bandwidth, it takes longer for a page to load, it fills my screen. Maybe it doesn't impact Unfiction, but it is just annoying for me as a reader. Thumbnails are a compromise, and attachments do burden Unfiction but are kinder to the viewers. You have the URL of an image, the fastest and easiest thing is to just paste it and not take the time to wrap it in an image tag. (I've gone so far as to disable the display of those tags, but then I don't know that there is an image being offered at all, as there is no placeholder displayed.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 pm
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

The bigger images also stretch the forum width. There is no auto-resize on this software. Another reason why the avatars & signatures are pixel limited.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:56 am
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Ah, OK, I thought it was to conserve bandwidth on uF's end.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:46 pm
Randoman96
Unfictologist

New Users, Read This First!
Helpful reminders

If this thread feels useless or all-around annoying, I guess I'll delete it if you want.

But anyway, I thought this would be a useful thread for some new users who post off-topic or post completely new topics when they aren't needed.

Official Discussion - If you have something relating directly to the plot or characters of Marble Hornets, and either A) no thread exists or B) the theory is too small to justify a new thread, post it here!
NOTE: If you have something to talk about that already has its own on-going thread, or it directly relates to a recent video, post it in those threads, to stay relevant.

Off Topic - This thread serves as discussion to everything related to MH that is not in-game, such as talking about the creators.

Fanart- Should you have something you've drawn, or even a video based off of Marble Hornets or the Slender Man concept, post it here.

Twitter - Discussion of @marblehornets posts, as well as updates.

"Real Life" Discussion - Here you can discuss the spooky things that happen in real life that come out of your obsession with our Slender Friend.

I hope this thread proves to be useful in some way. And I am in no way being rude or anything to newer users (I'm newer as well), but I thought this could be a nice way to help people who don't like to look before posting.

Join us at Interplosion AW YEAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 am
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

I've done some cleanup in the Sticky section here -- merged a bunch of the relevant threads into this one, given that it's all information that new users should be reading. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 pm
Randoman96
Unfictologist

JKatkina wrote:
I've done some cleanup in the Sticky section here -- merged a bunch of the relevant threads into this one, given that it's all information that new users should be reading. Smile

Fantastic work on your first day! This will certainly be useful.

Join us at Interplosion AW YEAH

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 am
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

Haha, thanks! It does neaten things up a bit.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:03 am
catherwood
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Re: New Users, Read This First!
Helpful reminders

Randoman96 wrote:
Off Topic - This thread serves as discussion to everything related to MH that is not in-game, such as talking about the creators.

Hi, outsider here, I traditionally have tried to make the distinction between OT and OOG -- Off-Topic would be stuff *not* related to MH at all, while discussions still related to MH but are not in-game would be labeled as Out-Of-Game. These days, I'm just a cranky old-timer making useless suggestions, if people are fine with using OT for a mixture of both OOG and completely unrelated discussions.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:13 pm
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

Re: New Users, Read This First!
Helpful reminders

catherwood wrote:
Hi, outsider here, I traditionally have tried to make the distinction between OT and OOG -- Off-Topic would be stuff *not* related to MH at all, while discussions still related to MH but are not in-game would be labeled as Out-Of-Game. These days, I'm just a cranky old-timer making useless suggestions, if people are fine with using OT for a mixture of both OOG and completely unrelated discussions.

That's a good distinction to make, I think, in most cases of ARGs. I feel like having two kinds of "not talking directly about the game" categories in this forum might confuse new folks a bit, though, particularly given that MH is not particularly interactive -- there's not much of the G involved.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:35 pm
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: