Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:29 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
[NEW] Beth's Little-Boxes update log
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 10 [150 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
yeahyeah
Decorated

I think this is also new...
Quote:

Research : Current
Answers to some of the questions that I've recieved:

What does "My Friend" like to be called?
Well, when I asked that question originally, I called himself "Your Friend" to which I've shortened to "Friend". He seems to appreciate that moniker after our discussion on the human desire for and meaning of friendship. Now that I believe that I know his purpose, I've taken to referring to him as "Collector." It fits him well, though I believe that he prefers, if such a thing is possible, "Friend."

What does he look like?
He looks like a man. He is tall, about 6'1", I would gather. He has short hair, a dark blonde, and no remarkable facial features. He wears khaki pants, a white shirt, and a beautiful black suede overcoat. Casual, but nice.

What does he feel like?
He feels remarkably human. Just as any other person feels.

Does he have feelings?
I'm not sure if he has feelings or emotions in the same sense that we do. He was curious about human desires and human posessions and our discussion included feelings and emotions. He seems to understand them, but I'm not sure if he experiences them. He does seem to get excited and frustrated at times.

Who or What are the Monitors?
My Friend has a clear dislike for the monitors and believes that they have been tasked with his removal. He considers them to be nothing more than nasty, vicious, single-minded brutes. They are rather obtuse programs that when given a single goal, which they pursue until it's done. Once their goal is completed, they are recycled.

But something caught my eye..

Quote:

One thing that I was able to determine through a round of tests was that he is only able to affect systems within his line of site.

Beth must be tired, she said site several time, instead of sight.. Considering that she doesn't seem to make errors like this, maybe its a clue of some sort.. or not.. It is common for people to say 'line of site' in some instances, but I personally have always found it to be in error, sort of like how people commonly use the wrong 'to/too'

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:28 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Hatch
Boot

Hmmmm Confused

So is it because she is a regular reader and researcher of paranormal events that this just seems to be another rattling chains in the attic?

She wonders about the system/s that correct the anamoly created by AI man. Wonders if she has had contact with other programs? She seems a bit too relaxed about this whole thing.
How come now that she knows about programs walking and talking and looking like humans there isn't a swarm of agents Cool Cool Cool to come and get her? Every instance in the all the movies point out the fact that once you realize the situation of your percieved reality, the agents come and get you. VERY interested to see why this is and how they can spin it from here. Then again maybe that is why I hesitate and avoid comparing this ARG to the rules established from the films.

Maybe I think too much but something isn't right here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:33 am
hakab2060
Kl00

in my opinion beth's reactions toward the revelation of GC (Jesse?) are quite revelant with her job. After all a programmer is modelizing the "world" through process object and methods ...

(please forgive my language, I'm not exactly a natural born english speaker)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:34 am
surfloser
Veteran

i dont know how scared id be of these guys
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
smith got into the walmart main frame OH GOD!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:37 am
yeahyeah
Decorated

hakab2060 wrote:
in my opinion beth's reactions toward the revelation of GC (Jesse?) are quite revelant with her job. After all a programmer is modelizing the "world" through process object and methods ...

I can see how that could be possible.. If I was in a similar situation it would take me a while to realize the implications of this new found knowledge. Taken from the angle of a programmer she could likely be focusing on the novelty and the interesting angle instead of what it all means to the world around her. Heck, I've seen people become immersed in video games and forget about reality or how things round them may affect them.. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:40 am
Hatch
Boot

yeahyeah wrote:
hakab2060 wrote:

I can see how that could be possible.. If I was in a similar situation it would take me a while to realize the implications of this new found knowledge. Taken from the angle of a programmer she could likely be focusing on the novelty and the interesting angle instead of what it all means to the world around her. Heck, I've seen people become immersed in video games and forget about reality or how things round them may affect them.. Smile

surfloser: what are you talking about?

Anyway, we aren't talking about a video game. She can't turn this off when she's done playing. We're talking about being around someone who can change your perception of reality. Everything you've known/thought to be true since you were a child. So, you are suggesting Beth is so caught up in her 'scientific research' aspect of this that she doesn't realize what it means to have her entire basis of rules about gravity and sensual perception crushed before her very eyes? For the stars to disappear, yet re-appear once moving a few feet over? Come now. Confused

At least Neo barfed when he realized what was happening. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:57 am
ArchGod
Veteran

Surfloser
Quote:
try yahoo messenger

I'm on a gov't computer and the only reason I have AIM is cause it was on there before. So what time generally is she online, according to GMT.

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:01 am
Last edited by ArchGod on Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
yeahyeah
Decorated

The video game reference was in there because I wanted to give an example of when you can be in an alternate reality - one where you are distracted from the real world. If she is incredibly into her little research she has got going it might not seem real yet. Remembering back to my younger days, I can think of quite a few instances where I was suffering from having a one track mind and was not focusing on my real reality, but instead I was only concerned with my perceived reality which seemed much greater then anything else.. Neo was different, he was on a path, looking for something, and when he found it, he had a hard time taking it all in. Beth is different, her path was to find the anomolies, she has found that, and is focusing on what she has found, and quite possibly not what it means in the greater scope..

just my opinion, I've been known to be wrong :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:07 am
ChainedLightning
Veteran

I think YeahYeah is on the right track here...

Remember that Beth was trying to find a LOGICAL explanation for the anomolies? Well, she found one... a perfectly logical explanation.. she's living in a virtual reality of some sort, and the "anomolies" are glitches or bugs or whatever in the program.

I think she's still seeing it as a logical explanation and hasn't gotten any deeper than that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:13 am
Hatch
Boot

I understood the video game reference. Really I do, many sleepless nights spent with Abe in Oddworld.
I don't think I can agree about the casualness of Beth's reaction to this whole thing. Just doesn't fit for me.
Anyway, I just thought of something that will silence me for a bit here...

I just realized Beth hasn't been back to work yet. Nor was she around anyone except AI man while in the woods. So, maybe the 'Smith's' really just don't know yet. Maybe I will be satisfied once Beth gets back to work and she ends up running her ass off to get away. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:16 am
ArchGod
Veteran

Yeah Yeah:
Quote:
Neo was different, he was on a path, looking for something, and when he found it, he had a hard time taking it all in. Beth is different, her path was to find the anomolies, she has found that, and is focusing on what she has found, and quite possibly not what it means in the greater scope..

You sure do make a lot of sense. I would have to agree, she is just seeing a part of the picture.
She may also not be taking it seriously because she realizes that it isn't real, and is expecting to wake up soon.
Morpheus:
Quote:
You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up."
Or something like that.

She hasn't been to work! I remember that, and that could be why she has stayed off the system's radar. Good thinking Hatch.

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:23 am
surfloser
Veteran

1. assuming she isnt a program she is still a human living in the matrix or so we assume(for the sake of argument), this would mean she is still plugged in and can be located anytime
2 if she is a program wouldnt they always know where she was?
or be able to scan for her and find her relatively quickly?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:42 am
ArchGod
Veteran

Well, I am pretty sure the system can't read her thoughts because if they could then Smith would have been able to predict Neo's every move in the first movie. I am sure that the system could find her if she was a threat, but they can't read her mind so she isn't a threat. Yet, when she tells someone else in the Matrix, then the word will get out and they will know about her and probably come after her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:04 am
Hatch
Boot

surfloser wrote:
1. assuming she isnt a program she is still a human living in the matrix or so we assume(for the sake of argument), this would mean she is still plugged in and can be located anytime
2 if she is a program wouldnt they always know where she was?
or be able to scan for her and find her relatively quickly?

Aren't events reported to 'agents' only once it is recorded or seen by another "human" that sees something that shouldn't be? And also once Beth or Neo were informed of the big secret, something about their program was changed. So when Joe Schmoe looks at them in the street they record the change through their sight yet don't realize what they see because the matrix uses us for that reason among others...Or something like that. I am anxious to see when she goes back to work. To bring in the movies again, kinda like the morning after the club scene w/Trinity at Neo's place of business when the agents show up?

Somebody help me. Getting kinda fuzzy now. Injecting more coffee. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:10 am
Last edited by Hatch on Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
surfloser
Veteran

well lets look at the evidence first
1.paul/ai dude was reading beths mind and communicating electronically
(i du understand what this means and smith should have done this and that)
2.how do agents know where to morph into someone to try and catch someone who is not supposed to be in the matrix? wouldnt they have a trace program linked to every person plugged in. i dont know its just my machine side coming out
3.i believe she has told you and me and everyone else in this forum about ai man would that in essence put us at risk? assuming beth is plugged and so are we, there is nothing seperating us from her except ai dude

i can understand that they shouldnt be able to read minds but how do we explain that convo on the comp with beth?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:13 am
Page 7 of 10 [150 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: