Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:26 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
[UPDATE] Phil's Metadex [Nov 13]
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
yanka
Fickle

[UPDATE] Phil's Metadex [Nov 13]

Well, Phil is not lost to us (I know we were all getting worried). And, it seems Arnold Niehoffer wrote to him. And, he has files too. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:12 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
yeahyeah
Decorated

Quote:

Email from AQN
Date: 11/12/03 14:52
Subject:

"Dear" Phillip,

What kind of dolt am I for putting your mail up on my site? A better question: What kind of idiot are you for sending it in the first place? You wouldn't believe the volume of sincere, heartfelt mail I get every day, and it never crossed my mind for an instant that the mail might be bogus--or worse, some kind of attempt to snare me.

So you've won that round, then. Fine.

As for the photos you attached in your latest message, Phillip, I am very disappointed. You could have taken three seconds to open one of those passports. I think the contents would have answered your questions nicely. I suppose when you are essentially breaking and entering--and not very experienced at it (...are you?)--you try and hurry a bit so you're not caught. That would explain your failure to open the letter addressed to Dr. Leiphe, would it not? In your position, I think I probably would have simply stolen the letter and kept my mouth shut, but that's a difference between us. I can think like a criminal. You can't.

And while we're discussing it, I have to believe you have at least some dark admiration for "Fiona" despite your rantings. It's genius, if I do say so myself, not to mention subtle. People love to talk about themselves and their situations. It can't be helped if "Wongmo" uses that for his benefit, can it? And who's going to question a grandmother? Only you, Phillip.

So you have nothing--NOTHING--to lord over me except your suspicions and a few photographs that say zero. There's not a law that I'm aware of against having multiple aliases on the web.

"Wongmo" is a legitimate figure who genuinely helps many of those who come to "his" programs. A little hedging here and there and a few words of recommendation from "other experts" hurts noone in the big picture. Your ego was a tad bruised, I take it, once you published "Leo's" article. That's really it, isn't it, the reason for your ongoing crusade? Your ego took a hit and you decided you'd strike back.

Hear me, Phillip: You will do far more damage to innocent clients of "Wongmo's" courses by pursuing this line of investigation any further than you'll do to simply drop it and walk away. I do not fear you, I only fear for my students' well-being. Their journeys are my main concern; you are merely an annoying distraction.

All my "love,"

--AQN

http://www.metadex.net/usr/pgairden/attachments/20031113/email.txt
http://www.metadex.net/usr/pgairden/attachments/20031113/pda.gif
http://www.metadex.net/usr/pgairden/attachments/20031113/transcript.txt

Quote:

Date: 11/13/03 15:51
Subject: promised files
Attachments: email.txt; pda.gif; transcript.txt

Phil,

It was great to catch up with you last night. I'm so sorry about all that you've been going through and that I've not been around for you. I can't believe that guy sent you that email. What a jerk.

As promised, here are a couple files relating to 'Strange Man'. I still don't know what to think of all of this. A man, a very human looking man, stood there and told me on my pda that he was not a human. Everything that I thought to be true, to be real, is now a question. Like I said last night, I have to see him again. I have to get answers. I have to know that he is ok. I really wish that you could come with me, though I understand that it is just not possible.

Marcus is not at all happy with me. Not only did I tell him that I was leaving on vacation and unsure of when I might return, he had just informed me that I was not being placed on a project that I should have been leading. He tried to justify it with some line about how it was best for me in both personally and professionally and that it wouldn't effect my appraisal as long as my performance improved. It's such a crock. He's all over Katherine, his new golden child. I just wish I knew what she did, because as far as I can tell, she doesn't do anything but talk on the phone and check her email. I suppose I can't complain; I have an open ended leave as long as I check in several times a day.

Well, I should get back to work so I can get out of here at a decent time today. I hope that you'll reconsider this weekend.

emc2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:20 am
Last edited by yeahyeah on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
yeahyeah
Decorated

*deleted*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:21 am
Last edited by yeahyeah on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Azathoth666
Unfettered

Exclamation Excitement!!!

AI man vs the Agents *cough* sorry, Monitors!

[EDIT] Furthermore, why are these in Phils 'dex??? It doesn't add up... nothing makes sense anymore... it's all stepping to a depth, it's boding to a head...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:30 am
Azathoth666
Unfettered

And has anyone seen the flame from someone I'm assuming is Wongmo before? Apologies if it's a trout, but that's the first I've seen of it...

(would quote it but it's bloody long, and hey, mightn't be new) Smile [/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:08 am
chancesend
Veteran

Well, Wongmo turns out to be more than he seems (as we've been expecting).

Though I can't picture a sinister-sounding laugh coming from someone who loves dolphins...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:01 am
yeahyeah
Decorated

wongmo doesn't need a sinister laugh, he is far worse then a normal villan, he is a dolphin loving new age healer/icon.. *quakes in boots*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:22 am
Xforce
Boot

chancesend wrote:
Though I can't picture a sinister-sounding laugh coming from someone who loves dolphins...

Well, I can, especially if he loves his dolphins with molten butter and green salad on the side..

/me *getting hungry*

Seriously:
Note Arnold uses quotation marks when refering to "Fiona" and "Leo", same as he does with "Wongmo", his alias.

What about that?

Cheers,
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:22 am
chancesend
Veteran

Quote:

What kind of dolt am I for putting your mail up on my site? A better question: What kind of idiot are you for sending it in the first place? You wouldn't believe the volume of sincere, heartfelt mail I get every day, and it never crossed my mind for an instant that the mail might be bogus--or worse, some kind of attempt to snare me.

Ah, so it was Philip who wrote that message in Wongmo's 10/25 mailbag... Just confirming past suspicions we had...

But it's funny that he never thought his mail might be bogus - considering that every other letter probably is! :-)

Quote:

And while we're discussing it, I have to believe you have at least some dark admiration for "Fiona" despite your rantings. It's genius, if I do say so myself, not to mention subtle. People love to talk about themselves and their situations. It can't be helped if "Wongmo" uses that for his benefit, can it? And who's going to question a grandmother? Only you, Phillip.

Well, here's proof that Fiona Leiphe is an alias. And of course, Wongmo is another alias. Is this a "one-two" punch to get people snared in the Wongmo trap? (Whatever that is) First get them expressing feelings through Leiphe's Lessons, and then have them attend Wongmo seminars (or visa versa)

Quote:

So you have nothing--NOTHING--to lord over me except your suspicions and a few photographs that say zero. There's not a law that I'm aware of against having multiple aliases on the web.

And there you have why Leiphe didn't attend the Wongmo seminar. In fact, she probably hasn't ever spoke at a Wongmo seminar, or ever! She is the fictional grandmother of Wongmo...

Quote:

"Wongmo" is a legitimate figure who genuinely helps many of those who come to "his" programs. A little hedging here and there and a few words of recommendation from "other experts" hurts noone in the big picture. Your ego was a tad bruised, I take it, once you published "Leo's" article. That's really it, isn't it, the reason for your ongoing crusade? Your ego took a hit and you decided you'd strike back.

So basically, Leiphe and Leo Kane are both fabricated - don't exist except on the web.

Quote:

--AQN

Now I guess the question is what does AQN stand for? Anything we've come across in the past (name, specifically) that could match this?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:36 am
hakab2060
Kl00

AQN for
Arnold Quentin Niehoffer (if my remember are accurate)

from the phils images of the drawer (metadex)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:55 am
yeahyeah
Decorated

well that one letter tied up a lot of speculation all at once..
I'm starting to get afraid things are coming to a head.. :-/

This may also explain why leiphe's and leo's websites rarely get updated, AQN/wongmo is too busy pulling the wool over peoples eyes to update three sites. Using the other two people as funnels to push people straight to wongmo, where the money can be made.

But.. Why is Wongmo Mr Love your inner dolphin into paranormal stuff?
Is he actually interested, or is he just looking for the people that are more eager to 'believe'?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:10 am
surfloser
Veteran

seems to me that he is using all of it as a marketing ploy
scam some grandmas get them to bring their daughters have a grand ole time
slip them some laced kool-aid
wait i remember this from somewhere...?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:31 am
Hatch
Boot

Quote:
Is he actually interested, or is he just looking for the people that are more eager to 'believe'?

I think Wongmo has a genius front. Things aren't always what they appear to be. The "bad guys" only seem to look like bad guys in the movies. Wongmo looks like an idiot. He has this new age crapola program complete with bad coffe mugs for sale on his site.
Why would anyone looking for a "bad guy" look to Wongmo? I don't believe they would.
Genius I say.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:58 am
Zimbu
Veteran

I have a theory about Wongmo: Wongmo loves us all and we should all find our inner dolphin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:00 pm
trip
Veteran

yeahyeah wrote:

I think it is a front to bring people into his camp and brainwash them.

The Fiona persona may be created in order to solicit inner wishes and dreams (because you're forced to write them in your journal).

Then Wongmo uses them to get into your head and reprogram you at one of his camps?

Perhaps Leo is a persona created to legitimize Wognmo?

Hmmm...

trip

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:33 pm
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: