Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:22 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
Alliance, Ohio Train Wreck of 1979
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Kraten
Veteran

Alliance, Ohio Train Wreck of 1979

Just Found - Searched Saw nothing about this here yet... I think this is our Train ... And More The name of train was ENGINE 1912

http://conspiracy.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance,_Ohio_Train_Wreck_of_1979

Background:
The 1979 derailment of a Conrail freight train in Alliance, Ohio was said to have happened on September 12th at 4:30 AM due to a missed traffic signal. The train was allegedly carrying perishable foodstuffs, lumber and 1980s model autos. Coverage and photos appeared in several newspapers. Depending on the paper, the damage was inexplicably reported anywhere from $2 million to $10 million dollars.

The Theory:

The average cost of train derailments in the 1970s was only around $50,000. An article from June of 1979, that probably escaped government censor because it appeared in a small circulation local paper, describes a similar, and likely the real accident. The Train Order shown at right puts engine 1912 coming out of Monon prior to the accident reported in the local paper listed above. Despite being even larger, and allegedly carrying the same type of cargo, this wreck was not even covered in any other newspaper or medium. Also, the article mentions the necessity of the National Guard given the size of the cleanup, but the train mustíve been carrying something far more sensitive than food and wood to have created such an official stir.

What likely happened was the Alliance wreck was this June wreck, and just a cover for the spillage of materials from the incident at Three Mile Island, which happened less than three months before on March 28th, 1979. Itís been proven that the government tried to dispose of the waste using secret trains to transport it throughout the country, often remaining on the trains while the bureaucrats fought over which states would serve as dumping grounds. Engine 1912, then, likely was pulling cars loaded with nuclear and radioactive chemicals, but given the high anxiety that resulted from news of the release of chemicals from the plant after the partial core meltdown, the government feared a likely national panic caused from learning of this second nuclear spill

Other-- Take a look at Dates and User names on this Entry...
Dates.JPG
 Description   Names and dates
 Filesize   84.93KB
 Viewed   153 Time(s)

Dates.JPG

79_train_orderLg.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   71.33KB
 Viewed   155 Time(s)

79_train_orderLg.jpg

Alliane-3-$10milLG.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   86.99KB
 Viewed   112 Time(s)

Alliane-3-$10milLG.jpg

Alliance-2-$2millLg.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   150.21KB
 Viewed   82 Time(s)

Alliance-2-$2millLg.jpg

Article01Lg.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   626.93KB
 Viewed   177 Time(s)

Article01Lg.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
r.m
Unfettered

Kraten - the supposed real date of the crash - June 7, 1979 - fits in with the time setting of Lillian. One of the scenes involves kids leaving school on their last day before summer vacation, which around here is usually sometime during the first week of June.

And with Engine 1912 - sounds VERY possible to me! If not, what a crazy coincidence...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 pm
Kraten
Veteran

I Like it - I like it a lot - Article speaks of national guard, Excessive cost and secrecy - even Amateur cameramen who mingled with officials

I was trying to do a search for Engine1912 when it came up -

BlueLion48 - way to weird and the article was created and massaged at the same time the ARG started.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:21 pm
Kraten
Veteran

BlueLion48 also Posted Here - and there was a Train Wreck but it looks like ours was Major and in June 79 and Possibly a real one was in Sept 79 still looking

http://www.conspiracycafe.net/forum/index.php?/topic/26354-79-train-wreck-conspiracy/

Ok Weirder yet - Found this another post from BlueLion48 making a comment about alternative energy and referring to another Dr that I can find no info on???
http://community.nytimes.com/comments/green.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/qa-googles-green-energy-czar/?sort=newest

Moderator Post is " Q&A: Google's Green Energy Czar
"As a society, we have chosen to invest too little in alternative energy," said Bill Weihl, who steers Google's clean energy endeavors.

Share your thoughts."

A (Blue Lion is not that Uncommon come to find) BlueLion48 on January 17th, 20113:04 pm wrote:

"An interesting article, but I wonder whether the existing energy industrial complex will just go along with it. Witness what happened to the work of Dr. Lawrence Dierkart. There is no way that Exxon & Co are going to lay down and allow Google to make cheap, renewable energy for everyone. Color me skeptical."

Dr. Lawrence Dierkart ??? Cant Find him ... Strange it was written like the other Dr's info - Like we should find their work out there.

Keeping on theme here dis not want to start another topic yet esp if this all turns out to be some type of Jack or Nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:36 pm
Last edited by Kraten on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ilikechocolate
Decorated

Wow, I'm starting to think that revalistic.com is IG. I wan't to be sure. D:

Following: 8-3-11, thefirerises, Super 8

Super 8 - Brain Blast Fleet- #91 AstroJesse reporting for duty! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:39 pm
r.m
Unfettered

Alliance is in Stark County OH, which is adjacent to Summit County. Someone said the yellow truck in the original trailer had a license plate from Summit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:59 pm
Tolomir
Boot

Dates are not really fitting but was suprised when i read the "marriage" place Very Happy

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/igi/individual_record.asp?recid=500121595438&lds=1&region=11&regionfriendly=&juris1=&juris2=&juris3=&juris4=&regionfriendly=&juris1friendly=&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=

revalistic -> vital records ?
maybe there is a vital record of Stark,Ohio where we can find info of the Dr.'s we're searching for.
maybe i'm just thinking too complicated Very Happy

Some more info about Engine 1912
http://www.alliancememory.org/cdm4/results.php?CISOOP1=all&CISOBOX1=engine+1912&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEARCHALL&CISOROOT=all

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:20 pm
ryanj64
Veteran

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29520&start=15

I don't know if this is a trout worthy thread or not, but we have seen these before. My girlfriend has been speculating about this for a long time now and i just got a BIG "I told you so". People were speculating that this was a game jack. But i think it would be cool if there was relevant info behind it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:46 pm
Kraten
Veteran

ryanj64 wrote:
http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29520&start=15

I don't know if this is a trout worthy thread or not, but we have seen these before. My girlfriend has been speculating about this for a long time now and i just got a BIG "I told you so". People were speculating that this was a game jack. But i think it would be cool if there was relevant info behind it.

I did Search before I posted but - The same like to the conspiracy site is there so I am think you may be correct.

I also think a Big part is that there really was a train Crash -

"The five Conrail crewmembers involved in this accident at Alliance on September 12, 1979, suffered minor injuries. The four locomotives and 54 cars of an eastbound train derailed in the early morning hours. No hazardous materials were involved. (Photograph courtesy of Paul Vernier collection)"

So One is Real and one is For our story. Perhaps that was not Flushed out in the previous posts.

Here is a Picture of the real Crash...
alliance-12.jpg
 Description   Real Crash Sept 79
 Filesize   61.77KB
 Viewed   181 Time(s)

alliance-12.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:56 pm
Kraten
Veteran

It may be a Game Jack yet - BlueLion48 Worries me But It is compelling since the paper articles are there and I can find no other records of a Crash in JUNE of 79 in OHIO.

I just was trouted earlier today so - I am not looking Fwd to More Fish today. I am just sorry at this point it was not looked at closer last time.

As I stated I found it looking for ENGINE1912, Then all the pieces dropped in place.

I really did my best to search for this Prior to posting anything. I saw the Ohio Train Crash in my searches but the Felt it was Different. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:04 pm
Roy Jones
Boot

The odd thing I find about the newspaper article is that there is no date or author to it (which is usually at the beginning of an article).

Luckily, if this pans out, I live in Stark County, Ohio (Alliance is 20 minutes away).

What I don't like is that this article was put up the same day that the trailer was released. It could easily be a gamejack, but the bluelion 48 has me confused.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:36 pm
ryanj64
Veteran

No worries man, thats why I didn't trout you! I think that this is definitely worth exploring more! Just wanted to point out the possible game jack is all.

Also if you notice on one of the articles there are words crossed out and etc.. could this be a cypher? I have tried a few different things but nothing so far.

Great work further investigating it. When my GF and I were looking for stuff we couldn't find anything beyond those articles.

If you read the log of edits you may come across a good laugh.. definitely mentions of hookers lol.

Lets keep hunting and hope that the PM's give us something worth the hunt! Rock On

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:51 pm
Interplanetarian
Veteran

Fish me if needed, but Bluelion48 sounds like the blue lion on the can that was referenced in the audio file. Any takers?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:52 pm
Tolomir
Boot

Interplanetarian wrote:
Fish me if needed..

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-3234353-blue-lion-fish.php

Very Happy

wtf..
http://www.hooklineandminker.com/images/redlion.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:02 pm
Last edited by Tolomir on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
r.m
Unfettered

Sorry I can't do it justice - but if you zoom in on the Form 19 there appear to be other lighter words. WE above 1912. OVER after FRANKFORT. etc.
Can any of you who do so well with photo shop get a better picture?

EDIT:
Maybe that's OTHER after FRANKFORT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:03 pm
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
Jump to: