Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:31 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
[ABANDONED SERIES] The Experience Of Evil
Moderators: ChildOfAtom, Cougar Draven, DavFlamerock, Dixie_Wolf, ndemeter
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 7 [94 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
White
Boot

[ABANDONED SERIES] The Experience Of Evil
This is just the beginning..

Stumbled across this Youtube channel a couple of days ago. Not quite sure if it's related to our good old friend Slendy, but it looks promising and it's pretty well made.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheExperienceofEvil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:30 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Punk V
Veteran

Well I was waiting for a jump scare that never came. He set the atmosphere for it, but didn't do it right.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:59 pm
MetaMike
Boot

Sorry, but this is just not selling itself to me. Its presentation is better than most lesser known vlogs, but I'm not even sure it's a Slenderman vlog to begin with.

In the end, it offers nothing new yet. Seen it before, nothing special. Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 pm
White
Boot

MetaMike wrote:
Sorry, but this is just not selling itself to me. Its presentation is better than most lesser known vlogs, but I'm not even sure it's a Slenderman vlog to begin with.

In the end, it offers nothing new yet. Seen it before, nothing special. Neutral

True, but the only reason I made the assumption of it being a slendy vlog is because he posted a comment on EMH's channel asking for 'help'.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:05 pm
Gale
Unfettered

The last video was bit of a disappointment but I hope they make it good in the later videos.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

I think this has potential. I like the fact that this is a Slendy story where the main protagonist's investigation has essentially finished - pretty much all the other Slendy vlogs out there unfold in real time. Looks like he's veering more towards being a story than an ARG (which is cool, Marble Hornets did it too), and even if he doesn't it's nice that people are coming up with new structures for these things.

Also, I'm kind of hoping that they have in fact been filming this stuff up to a year in advance of releasing it, partially because that would show some serious dedication, partially because it'd hopefully mean they've had plenty of time to get their editing done and the videos will be released on a regular schedule, but mainly because that'd imply they have an actual ending in mind, which'd be new...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 pm
kenshiro
Boot

I don't think it's a Slender vlog, but I'll subscribe to keep an eye on it. I think it's going somewhere interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 am
distilled
Unfettered

Doesn't look very slendy to me - looks like a guy in a big grey hoodie!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:25 pm
Lewa
Unfettered

distilled wrote:
Yeah, and I'm not sure how that is frightening.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 pm
Gale
Unfettered

Lewa wrote:
distilled wrote:
Yeah, and I'm not sure how that is frightening.

Now if he was deformed and had a gun, you'll be running.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:07 pm
NoMoreGaems
Unfettered

Watching the introduction:
Is... is this the speech from the Blair Witch project he's giving?
Also, a bit hammy on the acting and the writing...
It's odd, considering that the Damsel of EMH and Milo of TribeTwelve and the entire cast of Marble Hornets are all from Alabama, and yet this is the first time I've heard a southern accent in one of these series.
His description of how the whole thing will play out is hilarious for some reason. Can you picture Troy and Joeseph having this conversation?

Watching part 1:
Oh boy, he's gonna introduce every video, isn't he.
"You guys, if you try to learn about this stuff, if you know too much about it, you'll get snatched up. So that's why I'm going to teach you all about it. Heed my warning~!"
I scanned the trees pretty consistently and didn't see anything... I will say this, so far it's better at doing the "Let's get out of here, man, there's... let's just get out of here >_>!" thing than TribeTwelve was at the start. And it does build decent tension...

Watching part 2:
One of these days, you're gonna see on the news "A local man was killed today in an automobile accident. Authorities say the man was attempting to record footage for an online horror video series while simultaneously driving. One tall gentleman at the scene said 'He was wifin'. In other news..."
Hmmm. At 1:32 they hide an edit behind a blur, while the voice-over continues. Very well done. I'm not sure why, though. At first I thought it was intentional, for some No-Through-Road style shennanigans, but not so. Whatever it was, it was well executed, and bodes well for future driving sections Wink
"We're gonna go see a creepy house. Now, let's get past this fence. What is that? Looks like a... looks like a house or something."
So poorly lit, so little focus...
Wha... was that ToTheArk?
Running around some more in total blurriness...
Yeah, that's ToTheArk, I'd recognize that fighting style anywhere.
Double checking, you also see him behind the door in the barn right after our hero says "Nah, there's nothing there."

Total diagnosis: ehhhh. The night video wasn't very good, and so far I haven't seen any slendermen, but who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:37 pm
Gale
Unfettered

NoMoreGaems wrote:
Yeah, that's ToTheArk, I'd recognize that fighting style anywhere.

The "bum rushing at the guy before having a random seizure" style.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 pm
equal_opposite
Troll

Nope, not Slender related, at least not yet. But, considering the way 2 is introduced "I think this is the first sighting of THE thing" I don't think we should be expecting Slendy.
Still, I will defend the acting and writing. The main dude's acting, I would easily say, is above average, especially in the introduction. Compare it to Alex of MH or ... Tribe Twelve in general (though Noah has been great lately). It's definitely good enough. The dialogue, I thought, felt very natural, except maybe in 1, where it seemed a bit forced. In 2, I have to give the main guy HUGE PROPS for his rambling. If I were in the woods with a camera and sketched the fuck out, I would sound EXACTLY like that: making random observations and blithering unnecessarily to the camera. I've done it before. That aspect is pure gold, I was thoroughly impressed by it. His intros suck, though. I'd much rather just read text that was written conversationally.
I think this will be fun to follow, but it's not a slendy vlog, sadly. I'd like a new one to pop up. MH is taking a while to build speed and EMH is a clusterfuck that hasn't had a good SLENDsighting in at least a month.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 am
distilled
Unfettered

equal_opposite wrote:
Nope, not Slender related, at least not yet. But, considering the way 2 is introduced "I think this is the first sighting of THE thing" I don't think we should be expecting Slendy.
Still, I will defend the acting and writing. The main dude's acting, I would easily say, is above average, especially in the introduction. Compare it to Alex of MH or ... Tribe Twelve in general (though Noah has been great lately). It's definitely good enough. The dialogue, I thought, felt very natural, except maybe in 1, where it seemed a bit forced. In 2, I have to give the main guy HUGE PROPS for his rambling. If I were in the woods with a camera and sketched the fuck out, I would sound EXACTLY like that: making random observations and blithering unnecessarily to the camera. I've done it before. That aspect is pure gold, I was thoroughly impressed by it. His intros suck, though. I'd much rather just read text that was written conversationally.
I think this will be fun to follow, but it's not a slendy vlog, sadly. I'd like a new one to pop up. MH is taking a while to build speed and EMH is a clusterfuck that hasn't had a good SLENDsighting in at least a month.

I have to agree - I actually quite LIKE the intros. As long as the next vid he isn't choking back tears, I think he should get more confident and take the story somewhere. It feels a bit more personal than just the white text on black background from most vlogs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 am
kenshiro
Boot

Part 3 is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKbjconID5U

EDIT : (still watching)
This is DEFINITELY NOT a Slender vlog. It's going down a more "classic" paranormal road. (Summoning spirit and talking to them with a Ouija board).

EDIT 2 : OK it's haunting vlog by what may be a demon. Or it's just kids playing with a Ouija Board.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Encounter #1
Name : Duncan

Encounter #2
Death by : Gun

Encounter #3 (Time: 12:30)
Name : DTHS (?)
Nature : Demon
Death by : Fire (wolves howling can be heard, then a candle fall on the blanket, the camera shuts down. When the camera records again the blanket and a small corner of the board is on fire)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:15 am
Page 1 of 7 [94 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
Jump to: