Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu May 25, 2017 2:17 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Meta » Player Help
Write about your Favourite ARG
Moderators: imbri
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
distilled
Unfettered

Write about your Favourite ARG
Looking for budding writers for a weekly ARG spot

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you could help me with a project I'd like to set up following my realisation of a problem: I'd love to get into more ARGs, but the threads are so dense and complex, I can't find the nutty centre I'm looking for. I think this is a problem a lot of people have, and I know tackling a particularly big thread can be a daunting task (I pity people coming into EMH just now). Akin to this problem is that there are so many ARGs out there, I don't know whether, having invested my time learning about one, I'd enjoy it. So I came up with a plan:

What?
With this in mind, I would love to set up a weekly report on my blog of a particular ARG. Each week I'll ask for a budding guest writer to give us the lo-down on the ARG they are playing and I will publish it. For example, perhaps this Friday one of you guys would like to write a bit about the "Wonderland or Bust" ARG, or about "Hatshoe" (this would be a task and a half!).
I'd like to leave the content mainly down to you, but the barebones should give the story of the game, what point you are at in the game and why you find it interesting - hopefully also we will give links to relavent sites for the ARG (twitter accounts, youtube vids, blogs etc). Of course you can include pictures, links, videos (as long as I can embed them) and audio clips if you want! Its up to you!

Why?
What I'm hoping to achieve is that people can just head over to my blog each Friday and read about an ARG they might know nothing about, they'll see how interesting it is and hopefully get a headstart with contributing. Hopefully, we can provide a nice and easy way for new players to get acquainted with games which might seem too tightly woven to pull apart at first.
Ideally, by doing this we can continue to build a friendly, knowledgable and constructive community.

Where?
http://verydistilled.blogspot.com/ is the address for my blog at the moment. I write about an eclectic mix of subjects, but I tend to come back to ARGs a fair amount. I've written a few posts on Marble Hornets and everymanHYBRID and I'll be writing one about Tribe Twelve soon (as you can see, I'm a slendy-story man). So, ideally the first couple of weeks we will write about non-slendy ARGs please! When the article goes up each week, I'll probably ask you for some background info to go up with it (stuff like your own blog if you have one, or some general biofacts - age, interests etc.).

How?
If you could post in this thread if you are interested in writing an article and which ARG you want to write about that would be great - just so I can gauge interest.
Contributions would likely be through email: will.r.knightSPLATgmail.com. Ideally, they'd be a managable length, no more than 1000 words!

Ask away if you have questions, this is a work in progress and if you have any suggestions for me - please tell me!

Thanks for your time,

Will (Distilled)

ADMIN: Mods, if this isn't in the right place, please move it.

/edit: ok, moved -ndemeter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:57 pm
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ellocia
Veteran

This sounds awesome! I would be totally down for this! 2 possible ARGs are GreatBigJerk and Infosale.
Lurked: Super 8, 10empedocles
This is Jack's unForums acount.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
distilled
Unfettered

ellocia wrote:
This sounds awesome! I would be totally down for this! 2 possible ARGs are GreatBigJerk and Infosale.

Thanks Ellocia, I'll leave it up to you which one you want to choose - I know a bit more about GBJ, but I've totally lost track of it now anyway so I'd be interested in either! I'll put you down for the first week, doesn't have to be this Friday but I'd like to get it sorted by sometime next week - would that be ok?

Anyone else interested in contributing?

I'd like to add the following also:

I need a name for this weekly slot!
Something that I can put in the title and you'll immediately recognise it as the weekly blog report. Something catchy! Any suggestions welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:46 am
MageSteff
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

a place and a name

First, I'd suggest moving this thread over to Player Help in the Meta section. Or asking the Mods if they could make this a sticky so that new players can find it easier?

How about a simple and easy name for new players to tell what this is about? "Need a Game?" or "Just starting" come to mind.

As for new games, there is one you and I are both following at this point: The Hollow Men http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30891

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CyPh3Rr.1
Boot

Info$ale is just getting started, but I'd love to contribute when it gains a little plot. CyPh3Rr.1SPLATgmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 am
distilled
Unfettered

Thanks for the advice Magesteff, but I'm looking for the writers at the moment. Once we get a few weeks set up we can think about moving it to the Player Help section so that people can start viewing the entries.

ellocia and cyph3rr, I've sent you PMs regarding writing something.

Still looking for people to cover other ARGs so if anyone else is interested please let me know!

Ta,
Will

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:58 pm
distilled
Unfettered

Just lifting this straight from my blog, its relavent here:

Quote:
Ok audience, I may have been a little hasty trying to set up my weekly ARG report! What with Christmas, Thanksgiving, finals etc etc people have been finding it hard to get time together to help me out. So, I've decided I will put the project on the backburner until after the New Year.

I'm still looking for people who might be interested, I've got a couple lined up but I could always use more help - the subject of the article could be a currently running ARG, chaotic fiction etc, or one which has finished, or even just an ARG-y subject. I will be contacting players through their threads on unFiction so if you see me post and are interested, either post on my blog, on the unForum thread here, or send me an email at: will.r.knightSPLATgmail.com.

There are some really interesting games running at the moment, and hopefully we can get some exciting and informative articles going after the New Year. So, don't hesitate to contact me - even if its just to ask a question, you don't need to be an experienced writer, I'm looking for anyone who is enthusiastic about the subject.

Thanks to those who have already expressed an interest, as I say above, I really am open to anyone who wants to help - no matter what their writing experience. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:45 am
time2pwnu
Boot

I follow Experience of Evil, I know its a new series but thats another one for your blog.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 pm
distilled
Unfettered

time2pwnu wrote:
I follow Experience of Evil, I know its a new series but thats another one for your blog.

That would be awesome. I'll send you a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:42 pm
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Meta » Player Help
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum