Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Wonderland or Bust (take 2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 6 [76 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Thenre
Veteran

[Trailhead] Wonderland or Bust (take 2)
Small ARG that died back in April seems to have come back, hopefully with a vengeance.

Last year someone started telling a story about Zack Arima and people he was associated with heavily laced with Alice in Wonderland themes. In April Zack went missing, presumed dead. We received one last message through the blog they were using and then nothing. Not a peep. Until now. Today I received a message over facebook from someone that is obviously not a real person and is part of the game: Sarah Ferdinand.

The message reads "Hey, sorry to message you out of the blue like this. I was looking up a friend of mine who I haven't seen in almost a year (Zack). I admit I chose from his friends list at random, so I don't know how well you knew him, but do you have any idea what happened? Don't message me on FB-- I'm pretty on-again/off-again with it. Either call or (preferably) text me at 763-688-4499. If you do call, I can't guarantee I'll answer even if I catch it. I'm at school or work most of the time.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sara "

Would love to see this take off again.

The thread from last year is below. It's only 5 pages long so it shouldn't be too hard to get caught up.

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29198

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
another_pilot_dwn
Unfettered

did someone say wonderland? i'm so in!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:17 pm
Thenre
Veteran

Things have gotten weird.

I have been texting the girl who messaged me on Facebook all day. Nobody has heard from Zack in a year. The person talking to me has no idea where he could have gone or anything regarding the events of last April.

According to her she received a package from one "Dr. Melmouth." The return address is from the Ren Cen in Detroit. I have given her my address and she is forwarding the package she received to me.

In the meantime I have been emailing Adrian to see what has happened during our lapse of information.

Quote:
RE: Zack Arima
Adrian Lee <emperor> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
To: thenrethenre@yahoo.com
I do not know. I cannot see. The growing shadows are blocking my vision.

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:09:26 -0800
Subject: Zack Arima
To: emperor-of-angelsSPLAThotmail.com

Does he live?

I have sent a reply and I am waiting on him and the package. I have never had people running a game seem this...actually into it before. I will be careful with the email she sends me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:13 pm
Thenre
Veteran

New reply.

Quote:

RE: Zack Arima
Adrian Lee <emperor> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
The shadows threaten to overtake the forest. The Order remains, but they seem to be growing fearful of the changes. Adrian has yet to return from America, and his followers do not know what to do from here. As for the meeting of Adrian and Zack, I do not know how that ended.

I am currently residing in the house of an elderly couple and their adult son, using the son's laptop to write this. The house is an oasis of serenity, keeping me from being completely overtaken by my negative aspect. I do not know what to do anymore, or if indeed I can do anything at this stage.

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:15:58 -0800
Subject: Re: Zack Arima
To: emperor-of-angelsSPLAThotmail.com

Elaborate. What has happened since April?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:31 am
Thenre
Veteran

Just got a message from David. He's still alive. I've still been texting Sarah (gm's have no life. Yay for me). She has met up with David, and Adrian has commented directly to her "You look like a rabbit in your little white coat. Come, I have something to show you about Thenre." She ran (I told her to run if Adrian showed up. Thank god I did, no matter how curious I am what he had to say.)

Message from David:
Quote:
Full View
POSTCARD FROM WONDERLAND
"dslade@hushmail.me" <dslade>
Add to Contacts
53 51 13 23 91 32 32 32 91 43 51 93 71 62 52 51 91 52 23 62 81 91
41 91 52 71 93 23 92 91 51 41 23 62 31 62 52 23 11 31 23 73 62 33
51 11 92 32 91 51 91 93 42 51 32 42 62 33 23 81 91 13 53 11 23 31
81 91 52 71 73 62 33 93

I don't have time to run it through any cipher bots right now, but I'll get to it later unless someone beats me to it.

Edit: Never mind it's the code they used before (key is on the blog).

Translates to:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Was till live. Gone into hiding. Tried tocontact you earlier. Melmouth is watching you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 pm
NeonRaine
Boot

Hey all, I have received an email from someone pertaining to be Zack (yo, Thenre! Glad to be back in the game!). All it is is a code:

53 51 52 51 51 41 73 62 33 92 81 51 32 72 11 71 11 91 52 93

Translated to:

We ne[e]d your help again.

Am sending an email back for more details (I may try using the code, as I am sad with too much time on my hands.)

If anyone is curious the email address is:
balladofthewindfishSPLATgmail.com

Edit:
Sent a response asking how I can help and what was happening and received:
62 92 41 51 92 13 72 92 51 11 41 91 52 71 23 62 33 13 11 93 31 62 52 23 11 31 23 13 11 92 11 11 52 41 23 81 51 52 92 51 93

Which is
order spreading to usa. contact sara and then re.

But I live in the UK so I can't text America, does she have an email that I can use?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:54 pm
NeonRaine
Boot

Sorry, I know double posting is taboo on forums but something really interesting has appeared in my inbox - it seems that the Order has a website:

http://truefulfillment.webs.com

The original sender calls himself the red knight:
redknightSPLATcollector.org

Not quite sure what to make of this, but I'm going to have a good look around.

The owner is someone called David Melmouth.
And there is an event I feel people should take notice of.

Any thoughts, folks?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:02 pm
nomad
Decorated

Location: I've been here, I've been there and I've been in between

I missed out this fine game in April, but hope to be with you this time. Scanned through the previous thread and now ready to go.

So, there is some info about Adrian's background on the site, the most interesting part is that Adrian actually has got a twin brother. Also, the website seems to be run by David Melmouth, which is seemingly the same Melmouth from one of the previous emails. 'Melmouth is watching you', eh? I suggest we ask Adrian and David for some more info about this guy. He also is the red knight (see the staff section). We also can request prayers (what the heck?) and apply for staff membership there, maybe something interesting can come out of this. Not sure about the event, "Perhaps it will work" doesn't sound very optimistic. The map shows some kind of a cafe in the urban Minneapolis area, is it a dead drop or what? In this case we'll need some people from those parts. It's a long way from my location, guess same for you, NeonRaine.

UPD: Geez, some of those photos are queer. There also appears to be some kind of a cypher there, with all those '[' and other symbols. Can't comment on most of the pictures, but this one has drawn my attention: http://truefulfillment.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=106839330
A living legacy, huh. It's related to Final Fantasy VII, the game. Without going into too much details, the guy with the black hair is Zack, he died before the game's events and was replaced with the main character, artificially created Cloud (the one with light hair) who thought that he was the real and the only one all along. Why is that picture there?

UPD:UPD: Just sent an email to the red knight, let's see what comes out of it. Feel free to do the same, I think it would be good.

Quote:

Hello David,

I've recently become interested in affairs of your Order and I must say that this matter fascinates me. I'm not even close to your location, but would be glad to take some part in Order's deeds if it is possible.

I also have some questions, if you don't mind.

Looking forward to your answer,

Daniel.

UPD:UPD:UPD (it's getting ridiculous Very Happy ) http://truefulfillment.webs.com/apps/members/ Queer background, huh? Could you check the Japanese symbols in the corner Raine?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:44 am
NeonRaine
Boot

Oh gosh the kanji is absolutely tiny, I didn't even see it. As far as I can tell, it looks like:

樹海のおとしもの。

Which I would translates to 'Lost property amongst/in/of a sea of tress.'

Huh. Well that's one way of putting it I guess. There's also a picture entitled 'one Alice down' and the album title itself is called Koans, which is part of Zen Buddhism which you can read about here, if you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:08 pm
nomad
Decorated

That actually would make sense. But what are we to make out of it?

What about the videos? I haven't watched every one of them, but they seem to be quite irrelevant.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:47 pm
another_pilot_dwn
Unfettered

2 quick questions: 1. is there anything to the .com addy on the bottom center of the pic in Koans called Don't run? 2. Has there always been a guy who's hung himself as a background? Just got a chance to really start looking at this Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:27 pm
nomad
Decorated

I can't figure out anything of what's written in the bottom. Also, the hung guy is only on the members page, there are different backgrounds on different pages.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:35 pm
another_pilot_dwn
Unfettered

http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/guardunderground.htm just URL pic was taken from..... nm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:46 pm
nomad
Decorated

I talked with David via email. Some interesting things revealed.

Me wrote:

As for my questions, those are:

1) I heard about an individual named Adrian. It is also stated on the website that this Adrian is the leader of your cult. Things I heard about him were quite queer. Where is he now? Is he with you at the shrine? Do you know him well?
2) Does the name Alice ring a bell to you?
3) Your beliefs on the website are not quite clear. Could you elaborate on them?

David wrote:

1. Adrian is God-knows-where in the USA trying to simultaneously hunt down his brother and keep you guys from impinging on his little schemes. I can't say I know him well, and I can't say I'm interested. Anyone who thinks he's a god is a self-righteous twat.

2. If I had a dime for every time I heard that name, I could probably buy a jumbo jet by now.

3. Like I told Neon_Rain23, I have no interest in Adrian's little cult as is. I have fun fucking with your heads. The site is a puzzle. It isn't even as nice and solid as a crossword puzzle. Here, I'll be nice and give you a bit of advice: if you want any hope of figuring out the messages on that site, concentrate on themes, insinuations, hidden meanings.

Here's my question for you: alright, honestly, I only put up the staff application thing to see if someone would actually reply. The fact that you did interests me. What are you doing this for? Just to ask some questions? Why not just send me a random email?

David

I asked about Adrian's brother and about the role David plays himself in events in the next letter and he still didn't answer.

So Adrian's hunting down his brother, huh. I think that Zack could be Adrian's brother, taking Zack's attitude to Adrian in account.

UPD: I also think it's time to start cracking the videos. The titles have changed, by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:32 am
NeonRaine
Boot

Well, I'm glad he's a douche to everyone, I got a pretty similar response to you nomad. Anywho, I asked the kami using Adrian's email about his father and brother and I got this as a response:

Quote:
Yes. Eric Sunderland is Adrian's father. As for the brother, all I have heard is that he is considered a black sheep in the family, as the saying goes. I believe he changed his name upon becoming an adult out of a desire to escape the influence of his family and The Order.

Yah, I think it's Zack too.

I'm not sure whether to ask more about the dad, I'll have a go at the videos first.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:40 pm
Page 1 of 6 [76 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: