Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Administration » General
Why was Marble Hornets moved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Phenom

Why was Marble Hornets moved?

Hey I can tell techincally the game is on hitaus.
Heres my proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgsNB-LQ1M
Watch all of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr38zIG3SUI&feature=channel
Beside there some other stories that invole Slender Man including one thats very popular EverymanHYBRID
http://www.youtube.com/user/EverymanHYBRID?blend=2&ob=1

Although If guys are making a new forum for just Slender Man, thats okay.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ndemeter
Entrenched

Currently the creators of MH have given no indications that they are working on a sequel after Season 1. Ephemeral is the proper place where games that are in long-term hiatus go. This has been the standard practice of the forum for a while now.

A touch of order in chaotic fiction. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phenom

ndemeter wrote:
Currently the creators of MH have given no indications that they are working on a sequel after Season 1. Ephemeral is the proper place where games that are in long-term hiatus go. This has been the standard practice of the forum for a while now.

A touch of order in chaotic fiction. Wink

But there is still active games that invlove the Slender Man creature.

Like EverymanHYBRID which has gain a big following and is not on hitaus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:26 pm
ndemeter
Entrenched

There are a lot of side games that involve either Slender Man or a like figure. MH never claimed "ownership" of the SL mythos, it was always their deus ex machina to tell a really good story.

In short, yes there are a lot of fan-driven projects at the moment. But those are not MH. Again, this is not a statement that they are somehow lesser than the original project, actually some are rather good. Moving the threads of MH to Ephemeral was a statement about the original project, not the fan-driven events.

/edit: And by the way, we are not stopping anyone from using the threads in Ephemeral in any way. If they are going on strong there by all means.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxblindxxx
Decorated

i for one dont know where you have moved it to. i cant find that section of the forums at all.

and those videos posted all prove MH is still active and going to releasing new videos. moving it just takes away traffic from the forum to allow people to catch up sooner rather then later. i can only imagine how hard it must be for people newer then i to find it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:21 am
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

If you've posted in relevant threads you want to track, go to your profile page in the header, and view the threads you've posted in or have subscribed to. That will show you where the forum may have moved to. It's not an elegant solution, but it's fool proof.
That or you could just use search, and look for threads with certain key words.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:34 am
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

PITA

I've never had any interest in any of the Marble Hornets/Slenderman stuff, at all.
(Just not my kind of thing).
That said, it's kind of annoying to need to drill into the ARCHIVES to get to the "mark all posts as read" link. If it wasn't several dozen folks posting actively in a dozen threads a day, it might not be so bad. But threads in the archives should not have this much activity.
If there's activity in the truly ephemeral games, I fear I'll miss them as I increasingly ignore the updates to that area.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:35 pm
ndemeter
Entrenched

The activity is not about MH. It is fanfic, RP'ing on fan-created storylines, and other various comments. It would be rather counter-productive to lock the archive area to additional posts since games have been known to resurface after a long term hiatus. Using the post feature players can alert others and us to the fact that the game is back on and then we can move it back to the active area.

In terms of the the posts, each level has its own "Mark all posts as read" link located at the upper right corner. That can be used to mass-mark them and clear them off your queue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 pm
Graved
Veteran

ndemeter wrote:
Currently the creators of MH have given no indications that they are working on a sequel after Season 1.

Quote:
Last Visit Date: 5 days ago

Who knows...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:20 pm
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

ndemeter wrote:
The activity is not about MH. It is fanfic, RP'ing on fan-created storylines, and other various comments. It would be rather counter-productive to lock the archive area to additional posts since games have been known to resurface after a long term hiatus. Using the post feature players can alert others and us to the fact that the game is back on and then we can move it back to the active area.

In terms of the the posts, each level has its own "Mark all posts as read" link located at the upper right corner. That can be used to mass-mark them and clear them off your queue.

I know all of that.

I wasn't seeking a lock on anything.
Just saying that (in my opinion and even though I could care less about what IS being posted) it probably should have stayed where it was.

Marking everything read isn't too helpful when the new post icon pops up a half-hour later.

Maybe I just have weird forum habits. Dunno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Administration » General
Jump to: