Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] Dexter
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 27 [403 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27  Next
mork
Boot

[TRAILHEAD] Dexter
Clues at Comic Con lead to Serialhuntress.com & sleepsuperbly.com - related to Dexter Season 5

The 2 sites above seem to be quite elaborate. Clues to the URLs were uncovered at Comic Con in a booth promoting Showtime's 5th season of Dexter.

I've started fishing through the sites myself, so I don't have any further info, but thought I'd share the links here to get more eyes on it. Neither seems to be obvious in promoting Dexter.

http://www.serialhuntress.com
http://sleepsuperbly.com/

Edit: Moved to N&R. -SpaceBass

I changed the thread topic to designate a Trailhead with Dexter as the title. ~ enaxor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Torgo
Boot

I was coming here just to post about this, as I just came home from Comic Con.

Today, I was walking around on 4th street when I noticed that there was the blood sample slit icon (that has been used frequently this weekend for Dexter promotions) next to a room that people were in line to enter. I asked everyone what it was about, and they mentioned that it was a 'Kill Room'.

Out of curiosity, I ended up waiting in line and found that it was a crime scene that people were allowed to investigate. There was a chair that was clearly used for torture surrounded by mirrors with letters on them (some backwards). The clues from the mirrors lead people to "sleep superbly," aka sleepsuperbly.com, which the people working there then went on to show us a video they found on the site (which created a weird "glitch" on his phone..........).

The first site mentioned (serialhuntress.com) is apparently the site that is put together by the investigator working on tracking this killer called the "infinity killer." People are supposed to submit pictures from the crime scene to the site for further investigation.

Before I left, I asked the guy running it if it was 42 Entertainment, and he sort of smiled and said no. I asked if this was going to end up being an elaborate ARG, and he said he couldn't tell me that. Yeahhhh...

Here's a rather vague picture I took at the scene just to use for my twitter account: http://twitpic.com/28p6d9

Also - wouldn't something of this caliber go under 'News and Rumors'? Doesn't really seem like a Time Waster to me...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:32 pm
Aiobhan
Decorated

I agree - News and Rumours.

So, poking around gave me the twitter account "urnameurlife" - of the user F8 on SleepSuperbly.com. You have to go through the test to get to the page where his therapy video is.

My guess is that he is the Infinity Killer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 pm
MrToasty
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

I agree that this is worthy of N&R - goes fairly deep already and obvious it will be updating regularly.

ETA - Source code for Superbly does indicate this is from Showtime and mentions Dexter.

Oh yeah, Vince Masuka on the success stories page is a Dexter character.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:30 pm
Last edited by MrToasty on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
mork
Boot

moderator?

Sorry, could a moderator please move this thread to News & Rumors? In my haste to quickly post the links, I guess I should have put more thought in to where to post it to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:36 pm
shrtyscott3
Decorated

Quote:
"page-tracking" content="Series Sites:Dexter:Sleep Superbly"

Found this in the source! A Dexter ARG?! OMGKFNG SLK IM INN!!
This is one of my favorite shows!

ETA: found in source
http://www.serialhuntress.com/wp-content/themes/dexter_huntress/style.css
interesting stuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am
angelnorelation
Boot

As far as I was able to ascertain, this is a full-fledged ARG. My guess is its timeline is something like two months, because the fifth season of Dexter premiers on September 26th. Also I'm pretty confident it's not 42e; first of all, 42e seems unable to keep their name off a project, and second of all, they have a tighter policy about not acknowledging that it's a game.

I have a video from the so-called kill room that I'm going to upload in the near future. With it I have audio of the murder that occurred in the room. The way I got to the audio, in case you are wondering--the kill room --> SerialHuntress.com + SleepSuperbly.com --> the video of "F8" and his dream diary--in his sunglasses you can see his Twitter account as @urnameurlife --> he has riddles posted there. Answer the riddles correctly, and he will send you a "treat." The treat is the audio of the kill. This seems to reveal him as the killer (though I guess sometimes you never know). His voice on the video from SleepSuperbly.com and the audio match up, among other things.

Unfortunately now the kill room is closed, but like I said, I went back and I shot a video that matches the audio of the kill. When I can get my computer to acknowledge the existence of my camera, I'm going to upload them together.

To me it seems like this is one of the "choose a side" sort of situations, because on the one hand you have the Serial Huntress, and on the other hand you have the Infinity Killer. Both are trying to get you on their side somehow. Serial Huntress's website strikes me as somewhat like Citizens for Batman--I can see the logic behind it but in reality I don't think it would be enough to catch Infinity. Not to mention, Infinity wants you to find him.

The audio seems to indicate that Infinity, who I keep accidentally calling "Trinity" (so not the same), is part vigilante. He accuses the person he's killing of having killed somebody himself. Interesting I guess in a Dexter game--the selection of victims, gagging them, even the speech and diction is very similar (but definitely not Michael C. Hall)--but the actual methodology of killing them is different. If you want a summary of the kill room--it's basically a sort of empty office space situation. In the center is a chair, of the dentist variety. It's pretty much covered in blood. There are screws all helter-skelter in the armrests and blood all over where the hands would be. The audio suggests that the killer dismembered the victim (also like Dexter) but before killing him (not like Dexter). The blood spatter, for anyone who cares, is mostly passive. Behind the chair is a huge pool of blood. Surrounding the chair are an array of (two-way) mirrors with letters written on them in blood, some forwards and some backwards--checking out the victim's POV and moving around the room reveals that the letters combine to spell "Sleep Superbly," which refers to the website and death, I guess. At some point during Comic-Con (Saturday morning) there were people giving away "Sleep Superbly" sleep masks kind of removed from where there are generally people handing out swag. On one of the mirrors positioned above the chair, there is an infinity sign, also written in blood.

So anyway, I dunno, that's all I've got for now. Serial Huntress is supposed to update her website every Tuesday, so I guess we'll see more in a couple of days. I'm fairly confident that at present this game hasn't gone any further; after all, it's only three days old.

Also, you can call the Serial Huntress tip line at (877) 673-6348.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am
shrtyscott3
Decorated

Welcome to uF angelnorelation!!

Thanks for the all that info! ComicCon must've been a blast. I have yet to attend one, but plan on it. Maybe next year?

Regarding the phone number given: I called the number which lead me to a voicebox and I left a voicemail. Along the lines of OMG I SAW THE INFINITY KILLER!!.

We'll see if this is a full fledged ARG or viral marketing (ala Cloverfield.) Odds are looking good Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am
MrToasty

For those who want the twitter 'treat' but either haven't been followed in order to DM the answer, or are just a bit lazy Wink hit the link below.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
www.drop.io/yourtreat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 am
amandel

TY Toasty. Have taken a stab Twisted Evil at the riddle so am waiting. Want to mention that urnameurlife began folowing me back so I cd DM right after I said I had his riddle's answer.

EDIT: Yay! My treat is the same as Toasty's and this is a Laughing sharp-witted fella. And THX, mork, for this trailhead.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Avatrix
Unfettered

I'm only 2 seasons in to Dexter, but I love the idea of a Dexter based ARG. While exploring Sleepsuperbly, is there a way to log in without using Facebook? I didn't find a way to "sign up" for the site itself. Facebook is blocked at work, which would make playing pretty difficult for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:35 pm
amandel

IP Addresses outside the US, inc. mine Sad , seem to be generically blocked from these FB pages. Sorry, Avatrix, can't help but digg Dexter so am gonna try to muddle along. Got a code (73127330 ) for "premium access" which when entered on the SleepSuperbly site directs me to F8's info.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chulo333
Decorated

some of you should post in the serialhuntress forums. It's pretty dead over there so far.

But the crime scene was definitely well done and very cool to see in person! I didn't take many photos, but here's a couple:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/39/dscn1505s.jpg
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8154/dscn1504d.jpg
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2214/dscn1509g.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:11 pm
sirpoins
Unfettered

Nice pics Chulo...

I hope this is an in depth ARG ...Dexter is such a great show..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:59 pm
comadarkvale
Unfettered

Dexter the book series and tv series are my all time fav. I have had book 5 preordered for forever. so im in. just wish it would be a arg that would give us some dex swag but doubt it will be. i will post in forum soon. dont want it dead. but had issues loggin in to word press. thx guys for posting the info. and hello fellow dark passengers on here

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm
Page 1 of 27 [403 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: