Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Thu May 25, 2017 7:58 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
[LOCKED] [Video Side Story] TribeTwelve
Moderators: ChildOfAtom, Cougar Draven, DavFlamerock, Dixie_Wolf, ndemeter
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 554 [8308 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 552, 553, 554  Next

[Video Side Story] TribeTwelve

http://www.youtube.com/tribetwelve

My friend alerted me to this channel called TribeTwelve. So far, it looks very well done. It is pretty intense and whoever is working on it knows what they're doing. Slender man is well hidden, I'm not exactly sure where he is, if he is even there. It has the same 'white text against back background' type deal, but with a different story. Nonetheless, it's interesting and something to view along with EverymanHYBRID until Jay and Alex continue MarbleHornets.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SickSlickMan
Account Disabled

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out, definitely intriguing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 pm
Norrior
Veteran

I've watched all the vids and I am thoroughly creeped out. I like where they're going with this. Awesome find! Very Happy

Here's their twitter: http://twitter.com/TribeTwelve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 pm
Last edited by Norrior on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Erebus
Veteran

Did I see a Sanderman poster?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:18 pm
Seraphic Adonis
Unfettered

Going through the series chapter-by-chapter now.

Submission #1;
0:2? - visual tearing on Noah's face;
0:34(ish) - is that an unpainted Masky mask on the table in front of the mirror?;
0:55 - no distortion when Milo enters? Huh;
1:18 - I was totally expecting Slendy to appear in the window;
1:21 - audio suddenly increases in volumes, saturation in the visual increases;
1:25 - audio distortion(dialogue becomes inaudible), visual distortion (minor)
1:32 - camera blacks out, high-pitched whistling is heard (Slendy followed Milo into the room, or Noah turned the camera off?);
1:36 - suddenly the camera cuts a lake, no distortion et al;
1:48 - Operator symbol in chalk on the tarmac;
1:52 - Operator symbol is given centre-stage for a few more frames, just in case you missed it;
1:54 - Milo gives a rather funny sounding cough, Noah notes that he's always had it (long-term stalking?);
2:04 - note the water. A Slendy-like shape appears in it, but it might just be a trick of the shadows;
2:13 - audio distortion (voices become illegible), aforementioned visual saturation distortion occurs once more;
2:15 - visual is lost, the whistling returns (see: 1:32);
2:33 - Milo fiddles with a Rubix Cube while Noah explains his tripod (which appeared earlier, at 0:55; it wasn't visible on camera, though);
2:55 - Noah's television doesn't work when he tries to change the channel;
2:57 - visual tearing along the bottom of the screen;
3:00 onwards - nothing much happens.

Sorry for the wall of text, I was going through this in a bit of a rush XD; I'll do one for Submission #2 in a few minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm
Erebus
Veteran

God damn they are pretty bad at hiding who the creators of the ARG are.

The creator of the ARG is following the ARG's twitter.
From what I have seen it is fairly decent but extremely cheesy in some parts. Will try to follow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:28 pm
Last edited by Erebus on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norrior
Veteran

Erebus wrote:
Did I see a Sanderman poster?

It's a wine.
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/TOP/VP897.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sandeman_Port_2.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Seraphic Adonis wrote:
3:00 onwards - nothing much happens.

I see a dark arm/torso in the doorway reflection of the TV at 3:00 when Noah turns off the TV. It moves away from the door after he walks past the TV. I beleive that is slender man.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 pm
Daniel Kay
Veteran

Hey this one is really looking promising so far, subscribed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm
Seraphic Adonis
Unfettered

@Guest; considered making an account? I missed that, I was too busy focusing on the window (expecting a shadow of some sort to pass through it) and the black shape right in the middle of the screen.

Submission #2;
0:20 - They're driving by the road. Eyes peeled for Slendy.
0:50 - A rather small possible sighting. Dead-ahead, behind the white house with the brown roof, there's a shadow that's darker then the rest. Might just be a trick of the light.
1:05 - Milo has the camera and zooms in, possibly questing for Mr. Thin.
1:10 - The scene cuts to the long walkway shown in Introduction.
1:14 - The camera cuts to a similar scene, shot to the left of the one above. There's a slight... disturbance in the silence. Not sure if it's distortion or my headphones.
1:18 - Another "darker then normal" shadow is seen. It appeared slightly earlier (1:16?). Either a Slender sighting or a trick of the light.
1:33 - Another scene change; the forest here is much greener and denser.
1:48 - Scene change to the top of the tower. My computer started lagging at this point, so I may have missed something.
1:59 - Milo starts zooming in with his camera. Possibly audio distortion, but it might be my lagging computer.

----
The lag became unbearable at this point. I'll knock the reviews on the head for the moment and resume tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm
Clam
Boot

The intro video is waaaaay too Marble Hornets-like. Onwards to the submissions.

EDIT: alright just watched all three submissions, and this ENTIRE thing just feels like Marble Hornets with different people and slightly altered story. Don't get me wrong, it's genuinely creepy and very well done, but it just seems to me like it's trying too hard to be Marble Hornets 1.5.

Will definitely follow, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:18 pm
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

Pfft, people uploading vlogs of Slender sightings nearly identical to Marble Hornets is lame.

Though, if one could organize a bunch of people to upload strange footage all around the same time with slightly different bits of story to each subscriber, that would be pretty fecking epic. An ARG where the characters aren't aware of one another yet, are following their own stories, and are linked together by players? Too chaotic a group that's all trying to be too cool and lone-wolf to really be able to pull it together. If you had someone respectable in the genre like the MH crew in the hot seat it might turn up some pretty neat content, though. XD Though I imagine that running their OWN game would be enough trouble, let alone directing others -- t'would be a pain in the arse for sure.

Rambling, apologies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:13 pm
MetalGearSamus (Cantlog)

He, it's a rip-off of MH, but it's pretty good. I've sub'd.

Dray wrote:
Though, if one could organize a bunch of people to upload strange footage all around the same time with slightly different bits of story to each subscriber, that would be pretty fecking epic. An ARG where the characters aren't aware of one another yet, are following their own stories, and are linked together by players? Too chaotic a group that's all trying to be too cool and lone-wolf to really be able to pull it together. If you had someone respectable in the genre like the MH crew in the hot seat it might turn up some pretty neat content, though. XD Though I imagine that running their OWN game would be enough trouble, let alone directing others -- t'would be a pain in the arse for sure.

Ha, ha that would be great! XD Although we could try ourselves to work all of the well-done ones into a rough continuity of sorts, once MH is over, just for the lulz. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:09 am
OmniMan
Decorated

Seraphic Adonis wrote:
@Guest; considered making an account?

I just did! Very Happy
Also, they just released a new video, Submission #4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9a1AHnb-Cs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:31 am
SticktheFigure
Unfettered

Dray wrote:
Pfft, people uploading vlogs of Slender sightings nearly identical to Marble Hornets is lame.

Rambling, apologies.
Heeey, that seems familiar.
SticktheFigure wrote:
Wouldn't it be a turn if all slenderblogs minus the crappy ones, were all made by the same person. And they all connected?

Oh yeah, that's right. It's almost exactly what I said. Funny how that works.....(Don't take this as I am angry. I'm just stating that you are not so original madam. Also, I finally used the gender thing I mentioned to you before)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am
Page 1 of 554 [8308 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 552, 553, 554  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
Jump to: