Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:16 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Conspiracy for Good
[TRAILHEAD] Conspiracy for Good
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 38 [556 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38  Next
Agent Lex
Entrenched

[TRAILHEAD] Conspiracy for Good
Tim Kring and Company P

Per the twittersphere on my #transmedia search...

@vpisteve wrote:
New project by Tim Kring and Company P - http://conspiracyforgood.com #arg #transmedia
(and about 1000 retweets Razz)

More info at http://pervasivegames.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/conspiracy-for-good/

EDIT: It no longer looks broken.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:27 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
markzpot
Veteran

They have some sort of extra forum is you go to http://www.conspiracyforgood.com and
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Search for "77472"

It has posts dating back before the first blog post in the blog.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm
ravagedmind
Greenhorn

Hey

I checked it out, the site is hard to navigate but I found the 77472-forums (took me a while to realize since they look EXACTLY the same as the open one). I definitely think it's some kind of trailhead but I'm not sure it started yet?

Edit: found something cool in the hidden forum, trying to download it now Smile

http://conspiracyforgood.com/77472/announcements/plz_to_read_

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Agent Lex
Entrenched

A gigabyte-big .mov file torrent. Lovely!

for convenience: the torrent is here. (KayCee also commented on the blog post that Ann Marie made earlier today so this is what she was talking about).

Incidentally, Blackwell Briggs is also linked to from the Lord Magpie game, so go do that if you haven't already. The link to start is on the 77472 page.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:57 pm
Mister_Servo
Boot

Spill out into the streets of London? So it's going to be England based then? And a gig video download? Yeesh, I'll let someone else take care of that lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:19 pm
AzureWolf
Entrenched

So I downloaded and watched the video. It's only ~4:30 long. Excellent production quality though. Hopefully I'll get to convert it and upload it to youtube tomorrow. Nutshell: Blackwell Briggs wants to pass some legislation that will allow them to control cell phones, and other video to monitor us. Basically they want to be big brother. They kept saying vote on such and such a legislation. I'm up past my bedtime and the wife is yelling at me so that's all i have for now. One final thing though:

http://blackwellbriggs.com/ is definitely in game, had the same logo and slogan in the video.

ETA: I sent an email to client_blackwellbriggs.com last night before going to bed, and got a response this morning:
Quote:
Hello Mr. Wolf

I will forward your request to Charlotte Hansen, director of international investor relations. She will be in touch shortly.

Best Regards
-- David Miller

Still working on the video, a 1gb mov is amazingly unwieldy.

ETA: How long has this game been going on? The twitter dates back to april 9. How has uF not gotten a hold of it til now?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 am
AzureWolf
Entrenched

Sorry for the double post, I'm throwing the youtube of the video on here and wanted it to show up as a new post.

Ok, so how come no one's really paying attention to this game? The web sites were created in March and we're just now finding out about it?

Also the answers to the Magpie riddles ( http://www.conspiracyforgood.com/77472 ; register/log in then click on the magpie )

Page 1: Melody (One of the words on the page, not sure why, i just randomly tried it)
Page 2: Memory (hidden in the picture)
Page 3: Song (It's probably from the code on the polaroid, but I just randomly guessed four letter words from the page...)
Page 4: Invincible (Braille at the top of the page)
I appear to be stuck on 5...will edit if i get it

I've had second thoughts about whether or not I'm supposed to put this on youtube or if I'll get in trouble for copyright. But whatever I never use my youtube account anyway.

YouTube: Link

Last, the web site http://www.crimethinc.com is in the video but I see no overt connection to the game, it's definitely OOG (Domain was registered in 2000), though there may be a clue posted on the site somewhere, I haven't dug that deep.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:49 am
SamuelofR247
Decorated

Hey Azure, I'm definitely lurking about in this one. It actually grabbed my attention more than that salt one but it's pretty busy here at work today and I haven't quite reached following/participating status. But I do agree, this one certainly has amazing written all over it's depth....

*ETA: Just finished watching the video, based on the production value of it alone, the scope of this game seems HUGE! Thanks for doing the work to put that up Azure....

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:13 pm
AzureWolf
Entrenched

I got another response from Blackwell, this time from Charlotte Hansen, their "Director of International Investor Relations".

c.hansen*blackwellbriggs.com wrote:
Mr/Ms Wolf,

Thank you for your interest. At Blackwell Briggs we are always looking for ways to improve and expand our workforce and our ventures. We will have an investors summit in London this summer and we would love to send you an invitation, if you are interested. If you could provide us with some details on your business, and a quarterly report for 2010, we would be most grateful. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

--
Kind regards,
Charlotte Hansen
Director of International Investor Relations Blackwell Briggs Corps.
blackwellbriggs.com

------

SamuelofR247 wrote:
Hey Azure, I'm definitely lurking about in this one. It actually grabbed my attention more than that salt one but it's pretty busy here at work today and I haven't quite reached following/participating status. But I do agree, this one certainly has amazing written all over it's depth....

*ETA: Just finished watching the video, based on the production value of it alone, the scope of this game seems HUGE! Thanks for doing the work to put that up Azure....

Hey no problem, I'm off today so... And I could use the help, page 5 of the magpie riddles is throwing me for a loop, I've tried every word on the page in singular and plural forms. Drawing a blank.

ETA: You should see the video in HD. If I don't get in trouble for having that video up over the next 2 days or so, and if there's enough interest, I can upload the full HD version.

ETA2: Well since no one else is posting I guess I'll throw this info on this already lengthy post. http://www.youtube.com/user/cfg77472 looks to be an official channel for the game. Interesting video on there of some Heroes actors cameos in a promotional video. I have a feeling we're supposed to make "I am not a member" videos.

There's a mention of "going live in a few days" in a video posted May 10, so the game must really be this new.

Also there is a reference to animal farm in the fifth magpie page, but i'm still not getting it.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm
AUZ505
Unfictologist

AzureWolf wrote:

Also there is a reference to animal farm in the fifth magpie page, but i'm still not getting it.

I'm also stuck on this page. Just noticed that if you click on "l" or "f" on of the letters in the text get coloured.

I will apply for an job at BlackwellBriggs.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm
Agent Lex
Entrenched

Random resource dump time, since nobody else appears to have found these :/

That's all I can think of for now. There's also a new blog update concerning a London event.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:47 pm
SamuelofR247
Decorated

AUZ505 wrote:
AzureWolf wrote:

I'm also stuck on this page. Just noticed that if you click on "l" or "f" on of the letters in the text get coloured.

I will apply for an job at BlackwellBriggs.

Yeah, it highlights (in purple) the "f" in the first "If" and the "L" in the third "Lord" when clicked. However, the mouse cursor turns to a link hand on_hover over every F & L as well.

Also, Azure in the one with the polaroid that translated simply to "Song" it has "Pigpen Cipher" in really faded print along the left side of the polaroid. The code was so easy though there was no need to bother "deciphering"....

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:54 pm
AUZ505
Unfictologist

There is a thread on the "normal" forum regarding the youtube account of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/imnotamember1

Especially this video has some morse code in it.

Not sure if it is really related.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:03 pm
grindboy
Decorated

Hi Guys,

I've been off the grid for a while with Uni work. (Since Deleted:Redux went quiet)

For the 5th page F and L are all hyperlinked (to nothing but just enough to make the cursor change) When clicking the F in if on the third line it lights up pink the same goes for the L in Lord in the 5th line.

Its good to be back Smile

[edit] Always refresh the page before posting! Doh! Looks like I'm a little rusty.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:07 pm
Last edited by grindboy on Wed May 19, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agent Lex
Entrenched

Hint for the Lord Magpie page you're all stuck on:
There's one more letter to highlight that you're all missing. I believe there's only one instance of it on the whole page, just go looking for it!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:08 pm
Page 1 of 38 [556 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Conspiracy for Good
Jump to: