Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!
 
The time now is Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:37 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
[COUNTDOWN] Accessing File List B4
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 17 of 47 [699 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, ..., 45, 46, 47  Next
Author Message
yellowdart1
Boot


Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 41

do you think somewhere out there, J.J. Abrams is watching us discuss popsicles indepth?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
CynAnne
Veteran


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 85
Location: My Own Lil' Shangra-La, Planet Earth

tMan930 wrote:
mkiehn20 wrote:
CynAnne wrote:
"Rocket Poppeteers", the 'delicious frozen treat'...shades of "Slusho" (whose 'mystery ingredient' MUST be kept cold)...an odd coincidence, no?


Where are you seeing that Rocket Poppeteers are frozen? Nothing on the print ad says so...in fact, they have a gumball inside. Seems to me they're more like lollipops than popsicles.


Dude!!! You never had that badass Ninja Turtle ice cream with gumballs for eyes? Did you even have an ice cream man?
And, as long as we're in the neighborhood of speculation - wonder what's IN those yummy 'gumballs'? It would be fairly easy to deliver a bio-weapon that way - the warmth and saliva of a chewing mouth is a perfect breeding ground for...anything... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
CynAnne
Veteran


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 85
Location: My Own Lil' Shangra-La, Planet Earth

yellowdart1 wrote:
do you think somewhere out there, J.J. Abrams is watching us discuss popsicles indepth?
One word for you: Slusho Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
yellowdart1
Boot


Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 41

CynAnne wrote:
yellowdart1 wrote:
do you think somewhere out there, J.J. Abrams is watching us discuss popsicles indepth?
One word for you: Slusho Wink


Oh, I'm not trying to say it is unrelated, there are definitely immediate similarities.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
asda
Guest


poppers
poppers

Zenlightenment wrote:
michaelrich129 wrote:
anyone try doing the maze? maybe that's got something that can help. stupid probably but never hurts to try.


I got a squiggly line...Not shaped like anything no matter how I turn the page.

I think all this gave us was a website that is closed.


Yes, it is "Closed" right now, up it will open when its 2, 4, or 6 am according to the newspaper. The stores close at 10, so i think its going to be back up in the morning

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Burn28
Veteran


Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 85
Location: Denton, TX

Re: poppers
poppers

asda wrote:
Zenlightenment wrote:
michaelrich129 wrote:
anyone try doing the maze? maybe that's got something that can help. stupid probably but never hurts to try.


I got a squiggly line...Not shaped like anything no matter how I turn the page.

I think all this gave us was a website that is closed.


Yes, it is "Closed" right now, up it will open when its 2, 4, or 6 am according to the newspaper. The stores close at 10, so i think its going to be back up in the morning

maze.jpg
 Description   maze
 Filesize   23.72KB
 Viewed   102 Time(s)

maze.jpg


PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
NickButler
Veteran


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 86

Quote:
no certainty if a live may be after us we go underground


A simple google of the phrase found by thebruce led to this google result, a speech by JFK:
http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Archives/Reference+Desk/Speeches/JFK/Nuclear+Test+Ban+Treaty+Speech.htm

The same speech is actually quoted in the newspaper (second page) flat out:

JFK wrote:

"And the survivors would envy the dead....for they would inherit a world so devastated by explosions and poison and fire that today we can not even conceive of its horrors."


It's too much of a coincidence that the speech is quoted in the newspaper AND the words in the hidden message bring up the same speech. My guess is the speech is important.
_________________
MovieViral.com - The Latest Viral News For Films and Beyond!
Follow me on Twitter!


PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
cgerken44
Guest


If you put the maze on top of the other page after its finished does the line uncover any message at all?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Eleven72
Decorated

Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 198
Location: Gettysburg, PA

Quote:
And, as long as we're in the neighborhood of speculation - wonder what's IN those yummy 'gumballs'? It would be fairly easy to deliver a bio-weapon that way - the warmth and saliva of a chewing mouth is a perfect breeding ground for...anything... Shocked


He has a point? Bio-weapon? Some kind of virus?
Fixed Tags - MikeyJ

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
G.I.R
Entrenched


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1165

Creature created as an aftermath of Nuclear testing?

Found by military and taken to area 51?

Deemed to dangerous to be held there so moved to a facility in ohio to dispose if it?

People who got wind of a creature who was being held against its will wanted it freed. Even resorted to EXTREME measures?
Shocked

OH BTW Im printing out the Rocket Application and mailing it tomorrow. Lets hope for something!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
CynAnne
Veteran


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 85
Location: My Own Lil' Shangra-La, Planet Earth

Eleven72 wrote:
Quote:
And, as long as we're in the neighborhood of speculation - wonder what's IN those yummy 'gumballs'? It would be fairly easy to deliver a bio-weapon that way - the warmth and saliva of a chewing mouth is a perfect breeding ground for...anything... Shocked


He has a point? Bio-weapon? Some kind of virus?
That's 'she', if you please...and thank you. Smile

Fixed Tags - MikeyJ

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Banemore
Greenhorn

Joined: 09 May 2010
Posts: 8

NickButler wrote:
Quote:
no certainty if a live may be after us we go underground


A simple google of the phrase found by thebruce led to this google result, a speech by JFK:
http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Archives/Reference+Desk/Speeches/JFK/Nuclear+Test+Ban+Treaty+Speech.htm

The same speech is actually quoted in the newspaper (second page) flat out:

JFK wrote:

"And the survivors would envy the dead....for they would inherit a world so devastated by explosions and poison and fire that today we can not even conceive of its horrors."


It's too much of a coincidence that the speech is quoted in the newspaper AND the words in the hidden message bring up the same speech. My guess is the speech is important.


well, of course JFK's speech on the Test-Ban-Treaty would come up because that's the speech the phrase was taken from. The google search highlights the words individually. I think it's a coincidence.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
G.I.R
Entrenched


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 1165

cgerken44 wrote:
If you put the maze on top of the other page after its finished does the line uncover any message at all?


Nope. I left the pages just like i discovered them in photoshwoop and i completed the maze upsidedown. Just white spacing and the top parts of words.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Zenlightenment
Boot

Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 62

Re: poppers
poppers

asda wrote:
Zenlightenment wrote:
michaelrich129 wrote:
anyone try doing the maze? maybe that's got something that can help. stupid probably but never hurts to try.


I got a squiggly line...Not shaped like anything no matter how I turn the page.

I think all this gave us was a website that is closed.


Yes, it is "Closed" right now, up it will open when its 2, 4, or 6 am according to the newspaper. The stores close at 10, so i think its going to be back up in the morning


Not sure if the three stores opening at 10 am apply to the Rocket Poppeteers, the way the line on the Rocket Pop add seems to cut off right below that point. I think that's a different add.

I'm probably wrong, but don't get your hopes up on this being a sure thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ndemeter
Entrenched


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 1037
Location: Sunny California!

CynAnne wrote:
And, as long as we're in the neighborhood of speculation - wonder what's IN those yummy 'gumballs'? It would be fairly easy to deliver a bio-weapon that way - the warmth and saliva of a chewing mouth is a perfect breeding ground for...anything... Shocked


Soylent Green! Laughing
_________________
Twitter: NickoDM - XBL: NickoDM

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 17 of 47 [699 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, ..., 45, 46, 47  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group