Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[SPEC] The Theory of Old Gods and Slenderman's influence
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
lifegospel
Unfettered

Saiyan King wrote:
Hmm, i hadnt heard that theory yet, that SM may absorb his victims. Kinda like what Maijin Buu did to his victims in DBZ. Makes me wonder if thats the case, does Slendy also gain their knowledge and power like Buu did? It would explain Slendy's motives tho. An endless universal search for knowledge. this would also go along with what i was saying in the radiation thread about how maybe SM isnt really trying to harm people but rather observing them, learning. An endless lust for knowledge.

Hmm... Absorbs his victims...

Sort of like in Prototype?

COOOL X3
Quote of the month: RIP Chayse Yaganoichi

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:07 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Mr_Nekomata
Boot

Still, all we know pretty much as a group is Slendy isn't human.

At least not any more, if anything.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:55 am
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

Apparently people have this interesting bit of brain-wiring where, if they don't have a category for something pre-set in their mind, and they're not given enough time to dwell on that thing, they simply pretend that it doesn't exist. Sounds exactly like SM to me. Like the 11 of Spades wouldn't be quite right if you flashed through a card deck at relatively high speed, Slender Man's height and lack of face don't make sense when given more than a glimpse. When you (or at least, when characters) observe and think about him, he becomes real in so much as the brain is etching out a new category.

A category of, "Oh-- Oh shit."

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:13 am
lolitsgriff
Boot

It would make sense as to why he wears a suit then- I'm considering this theory Slendermythos most likely canon.

Furthermore; I think he is stalking Alex because of Marble Hornets; the film itself. Not so much out of an interest, but because it is about childhood, and how the characters are have yet to grow up. Alex still clings to childhood feelings and memories of his hometown, mirroring the characters. I believe it is this emotion and the subsequent fear of the Slender Man that fueled the fire, to say.

As for the Silent Hill comment; I've always found slender and the mythos to be very reminiscent not just of Lovecraftian Horror, but as well the Silent Hill 2 esque horror (2 Purist; The others are great but 2 is the only one I feel is comparable to the SlenderMythos.)

I really love MH so far. The Slendermythos is so interesting~

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:30 am
lwesquire
Boot

Probably going to stop lurking the forums until season 2 starts up, but I showed the whole thing to someone recently and it struck me as really odd that no-one ever mentions the lack of face, which is weirdest in entry 12 (in the field); even the camera picks up the blank head, but none of the cast mention it even though it's implied that he's been there for at least a couple of minutes. Sure, they could all have terrible eyesight, but people usually have better vision than an handycam.

I'm thinking that he casts an illusion over people looking at him directly, who just see him as a tall, unremarkable guy in a suit, and it's only when recorded that people notice the poker face. If you run with this, the suit is probably 'real', seeing as people see it when looking at him directly and when looking at a picture (I guess he lurks a big'n'tall store every so often). All the operator symbols and scribbles could be people trying to communicate to others what he really is, or even remind themselves in case they forget and go back to seeing him the way he wants them to. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am
BranRainey
Unfettered

lwesquire wrote:
Probably going to stop lurking the forums until season 2 starts up, but I showed the whole thing to someone recently and it struck me as really odd that no-one ever mentions the lack of face, which is weirdest in entry 12 (in the field); even the camera picks up the blank head, but none of the cast mention it even though it's implied that he's been there for at least a couple of minutes. Sure, they could all have terrible eyesight, but people usually have better vision than an handycam.

I'm thinking that he casts an illusion over people looking at him directly, who just see him as a tall, unremarkable guy in a suit, and it's only when recorded that people notice the poker face. If you run with this, the suit is probably 'real', seeing as people see it when looking at him directly and when looking at a picture (I guess he lurks a big'n'tall store every so often). All the operator symbols and scribbles could be people trying to communicate to others what he really is, or even remind themselves in case they forget and go back to seeing him the way he wants them to. Just a thought.

This is actually legitimately scary. I'm going to pretend that it's true just for that. Confused

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 pm
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

It's the 'glance and nothing seems out of the ordinary' thing, again. SM isn't all that unremarkable except for his height, if you glimpse him from the corner of your eye.

The (X) marking does seem like a good indication of 'remember, no face,' though!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:50 am
Mr.Beyond
Decorated

I REALLY like that theory, especially with the idea of (x) being a reminder. Could also be why Alex kept taping himself- because when he looked at slendy on camera, he'd see and therefore remember that he had no face.

EDIT: Unrelated, but my post count is to 13. YAY! Best number ever until I get to 130 Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:19 pm
Salty

I'm assuming that no one's commented on it because, when you see a guy from far away like in Entry #13 or at night like in Entry #2, and you can't see their face, you don't just assume they don't have a face, you assume that you just can't see it. We know he doesn't have a face because we know what Slenderman is, but they don't.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:26 pm
Ra's eyes
Kilroy

I might have a therory on clothing

The clothing is thick yes because it is made from cotton for perfect flow of energy from the core body summoning his power so in therory he needs it try reading a book

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 am
Page 3 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: