Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:24 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[SPEC] The Theory of Old Gods and Slenderman's influence
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
lolitsgriff
Boot

Mr_Nekomata wrote:
lolitsgriff wrote:
Mr.rv4287 wrote:
stupid question but I'm still new what is JAFOOL

@Nekomata; It is really just fan speculation, which I doubt will ever come up. But half the fun is theorizing, right?
Most things start off innocently enough, which would or could lead to something truly terrible.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Rule34 for one.

dowant THAT IS AWFUL. D:

Seriously though, what do we do until Part 2? I'm interested in the entire mythos as well; not just MH.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Mr_Nekomata
Boot

Hm, Slender man the radio play~
Otherwise you can just keep an eye MH tweet feed.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm
SickSlickMan
Account Disabled

Hey dude, speculation makes the world go 'round.

It only gets bad when Slender Man starts peeking through your window.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:58 pm
Saiyan King
Unfettered

Location: Orlando, The crappiest town in America, thanks to Disney

SickSlickMan wrote:

Speculation makes the world go round? wow and i always thought it had something to do with gravity and the planet's axis. Damn public school system, always teaching us the wrong things. lol . No seriously, many wonderful things have happened due to speculation. If Colombus hadnt speculated about what was on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean , then who knows how much longer it wouldve taken for America to be discovered. You know, that would make an excellent product catch phrase-"Speculation - Its what makes the world go round, get some today"

The funniest stories always end with "and thats the last time i ever did acid"

Im sorry, I can't loan you $20, Im saving it for Slenderman

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:36 pm
SickSlickMan
Account Disabled

Saiyan King wrote:
SickSlickMan wrote:

Speculation makes the world go round? wow and i always thought it had something to do with gravity and the planet's axis. Damn public school system, always teaching us the wrong things. lol . No seriously, many wonderful things have happened due to speculation. If Colombus hadnt speculated about what was on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean , then who knows how much longer it wouldve taken for America to be discovered. You know, that would make an excellent product catch phrase-"Speculation - Its what makes the world go round, get some today"

Haha, well, I would make a T-shirt out of that.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 pm
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

Slender Man dresses in garments that mimic the higher strata of human society. Whether that boils down to business suits or noblemen's clothing, he dresses in outfits that seem to lend him an air of authority. He's very much a wolf in sheep's clothing, so appearing as a tree or a log doesn't fit. While he has a very literal sense of being above people with how tall he is, dressing in a suit also gives him a sense of being bigger in our psyches.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:32 am
Mr_Nekomata
Boot

Has the group decided what Slender man does with victims?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:43 am
Dray

SA forums seemed to be torn between having them disappear, go crazy and disappear, or wind up hanging from trees with all of their organs in bags sitting nearby, I think. Been a long time since I browsed through that thread, though.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:47 am
Mr_Nekomata
Boot

I think I remember another suggestion that was thrown out when they where having a conversation about a wife of Slenderman. It was said that he actually took them into his mass, as in adsorbed.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:01 am
Elektrikhd
Boot

Dray wrote:
Slender Man dresses in garments that mimic the higher strata of human society. Whether that boils down to business suits or noblemen's clothing, he dresses in outfits that seem to lend him an air of authority. He's very much a wolf in sheep's clothing, so appearing as a tree or a log doesn't fit. While he has a very literal sense of being above people with how tall he is, dressing in a suit also gives him a sense of being bigger in our psyches.

Actually, this makes me think that he is the archetypal adult-authority-figure most of us probably feared (at least somewhat) in childhood. It just crossed my mind that his tall stature could easily put one in mind of how adults had loomed or towered over us as kids.

That the suit also lends him an appearance of authority is also important. If he was some guy in rags, he'd be more easily dismissed as a bum, and probably people would keep more of a distance, maybe not even getting close enough to see that he lacks a face. Someone in a suit, you'd assume, has a purpose for being somewhere, and might even seem more trustworthy at first...which makes it all the more jarring when it turns out that there is something very, very wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 am
Dray

I definitely agree. He's the guy that people fear when you open your blinds in the middle of the night to see standing and staring at you, knowing you're there. That 'stranger danger' that parents always pushed on kids that will come to take you away.

It does make me wonder why he's after Alex specifically, though. It's been brought up before, but most of the SM stories we hear about are those of him taking children. Alex isn't exactly a kid. He doesn't even really act like a man-child; he seems to demonstrate the ability to act maturely. o_O

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:00 am
Elektrikhd
Boot

Yeah, that's something of note with MH: the characters are all college-age+ which is pretty well outside of the normal Slendystalking age. From what I remember, I don't even think he normally "stalked" much, he'd just appear once or twice, and kids would disappear. His presence might not even be noted until after the fact, such as in photographs.

It might be that's why he hasn't actually made any of them disappear (for sure--we don't know what the story is with the MIA characters). Also, I believe in another thread, it was mentioned that he might be 'observing,' which brings to mind the idea of a "faceless observer." Slenderman may arguably be rather detached from the events in which he is involved. The lack of a face can at least symbolize a lack of emotion.

(Vaguely related - I'm now getting ideas for a story of my own, that might actually be different from the others out there. I doubt I'd bother with my own knock-off ARG-blog thing, tho. I don't feel like bothering with things like pacing, build-up, etc.)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 am
Mr_Nekomata
Boot

That pretty deep, it's getting into psychological silent hill territory. Indeed, people would be abit less weary of someone like SM instead of mister fancy shoes from Mimic.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:05 pm
Citizen Kane
Unfettered

Mr_Nekomata wrote:
I like how this is unfolding, still it seems like it's all born from a wish.

HA! You have no idea how funny I find this particular phrase.

Elektrikhd wrote:
His presence might not even be noted until after the fact, such as in photographs.

Dray wrote:
Slender Man dresses in garments that mimic the higher strata of human society. Whether that boils down to business suits or noblemen's clothing, he dresses in outfits that seem to lend him an air of authority.

Personally, I'm thinking along these lines, as well as the possibility that he dresses as a 'human' to blend in against those who only take one look. Remember back in Entry 12 I believe it was, when the crew for Marble Hornets all saw Slendy, but reacted to him as just someone in a business suit intruding on their shoot. As well as in JAFOOL when Joshua first falls off his bike because of 'some guy in a business suit'. It seems only repeated contact with him or photographs that people only realize exactly what he is.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Saiyan King
Unfettered

Location: Orlando, The crappiest town in America, thanks to Disney

Hmm, i hadnt heard that theory yet, that SM may absorb his victims. Kinda like what Maijin Buu did to his victims in DBZ. Makes me wonder if thats the case, does Slendy also gain their knowledge and power like Buu did? It would explain Slendy's motives tho. An endless universal search for knowledge. this would also go along with what i was saying in the radiation thread about how maybe SM isnt really trying to harm people but rather observing them, learning. An endless lust for knowledge.

The funniest stories always end with "and thats the last time i ever did acid"

Im sorry, I can't loan you $20, Im saving it for Slenderman

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Page 2 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: