Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:27 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
[TRAILHEAD] SUPER 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 55 [818 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 53, 54, 55  Next
riquardo
Decorated

[TRAILHEAD] SUPER 8
NOT Cloverfield 2!!

Hi guys, cross-posting this fromt the Cloverfield section... just spotted this over at Aintitcool, they seem to think a trailer for a movie called SUPER 8 is being attached to Iron Man 2.

See here:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44927
and here:
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/want-to-know-the-title-of-the-secret-jj-abrams-film

Let's get working!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 am
Last edited by riquardo on Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
daisho
Veteran

Just read this, Super 8, possible prequel to Cloverfield?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:14 am
Magog
Veteran

Watching this one closely....

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:19 am
MrToasty
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

With a name like Super 8 I imagine much Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot sighting type footage. If this does pan out and a game develops as well, please let it have some point and follow through this time.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 am
daisho
Veteran

MrToasty wrote:
With a name like Super 8 I imagine much Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot sighting type footage. If this does pan out and a game develops as well, please let it have some point and follow through this time.

No kidding, the last one was a bit of a letdown. I hope (if this is Cloverfield related) that it is a prequel that is more traditional, with more story.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:40 am
Fishjp
Entrenched

OK so I was trying to think of a reason to see Iron Man 2. Now it looks like I have one. Of course I won't see it for a couple weeks so I will eagerly await any info those of you who see it first can share.

If the government is covering up UFOs then they are doing a much better job at that than they seem to be able to do with anything else. - Stephen Hawking

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Wow, if it Cloverfield sequell, it would be cool! On another hand, a movie called "super 8" is already cool.

To prove the possibility of Cloverfield connections, we should perhaps recall two things.

1. There was a scene on the bridge, as people watched the monster, and one guy with camera was filming it too.
2. There was a hypothesis, that the sequel to Cloverfield could be filmed from the point of view of this guy with camera.

Does somebody have a DVD now (I'll check it later too)? If we find this guy again, and if his camera will be Super 8, than the chances are, it's connected. I mean, "chances", because everything is not really stable. Especially because we haven't anything but this information about trailer right now.

UPDATE.

Quote:
Drew says the flick is called SUPER 8 and that even crews working on the teaser didn't know what they were doing... they were told it was a remake of a sex comedy.

Do they mean this thing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I99XFtSMsnw (I know, it's 1 year old, which couldn't be mentioned as "remake", but also couldn't be re-made so soon). So I hope, they just mistook two various movies.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:51 am
riquardo
Decorated

Good find with the video kosmopol! I hope that's the cover for the crew (to remake that foreign language film in the US) and not the actual "mysterious" JJ Abrams film.

Also good thinking about the guy with the camera on the bridge, let's get that screenshot.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm
Nighthawk

MrToasty wrote:

Do keep in mind something...99% of the time, reels are sent to theaters under an assumed, fictional name for security reasons. "Super 8" could very well be a code word and no indication of the contents of the reel itself.

I would think JJ had his hands full (he is working on "500 Rads", not to mention the Star Trek sequel), but if he's not directing this and only the producer it's a possibility. But, then again, if he is only the producer I don't have as high expectations for this than I did for Cloverfield.

But, what the hell... it's been 2+ years since that rollercoaster ride that was the Cloverfield promotion. We're due. Razz

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:34 pm
Dizzi800
Veteran

[quote="Nighthawk"]
MrToasty wrote:

I would think JJ had his hands full (he is working on "500 Rads", not to mention the Star Trek sequel), but if he's not directing this and only the producer it's a possibility. But, then again, if he is only the producer I don't have as high expectations for this than I did for Cloverfield.

But, what the hell... it's been 2+ years since that rollercoaster ride that was the Cloverfield promotion. We're due. Razz

1: JJ produced Cloverfield. He did not direct. Matt Reeves directed
2: As it is now, in the film industry, the producers actually have a hell of a lot more creative control than directors.

I'm going to be watching this one.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:40 pm
Nighthawk

Sorry, I stand corrected.

No matter... we'll see. Reels will be unlocked Thursday night, and it'll probably be no more than minutes after that that we'll know.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm
Dizzi800
Veteran

After re-reading that. That came off a little prickish and I apologze if it came out that way.

I hate being a student right now. I can;t afford to go see it until later in the month >_<

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:29 pm
riquardo
Decorated

Quote:
I hate being a student right now. I can;t afford to go see it until later in the month >_<

Don't worry, as soon as it hits the theaters, it will be on Youtube!

Another article, this time on Gawker but nothing new there, just quoting the Hitfix original article.

http://gawker.com/5530874/the-mystery-of-jj-abrams-secret-movie

Oh, and I tried just out of curiosity super8.jp but doesn't seem related. Just by curiosity also, the store at slusho.jp links to this site - http://www.displaystar.com/Default.asp

Tagruato page seems to remain the same also.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:09 pm
Euchre
uF Game Warden

Abrams used disinformation when he did the work for Cloverfield too. They also used several false titles, so one can't be sure the actual title will be 'Super 8'. I don't think it's any reference to previous work, but as noted in his TED Talk Abrams is referring to his original movie camera. As for the thought the person on the bridge seen filming in the original could be using a 'Super 8' - the camera he had used a video screen, and Super 8 was optical film. I've never, ever seen a Super 8 camera that used anything other than an optical viewfinder. Also, I don't think you can even buy Super 8 film anymore.

This 'smells like' how Cloverfield appeared, but there's no guarantee it's not something totally new.
ŠEuchre 2007

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:13 pm
Boot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_mm_film

Let the speculation continue

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:05 pm
Page 1 of 55 [818 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 53, 54, 55  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
Jump to: