Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:31 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Flynn Lives
[SITE] Space Paranoids Online
Moderators: enaxor, Euchre, spaceboy, thebruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 17 [244 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 15, 16, 17  Next
JamiroFan2000
Decorated

SICK!!! Enemy Recognizers and Enemy Tanks! I'm in 'Battletank' HEAVEN!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:13 pm
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
MasterLuke
Decorated

DEAD AT LEVEL 5

DIFFICULT FOR SOMEBODY WHO'SE NOT USED TO 3D GAMES

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:16 pm
thebruceModerator
Dances With Wikis

wait a tick... tried in Chrome and it's smooth. Haven't tried IE again yet though. not sure in the problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:17 pm
madopal
Unfettered

Cross post here, but putting comment here because I think it's where we should discuss.

I can't play fully at work (got to level 4, had to stop, was taking too long), but I think it's worth while to keep a lookout for easter eggs. They did say it was based on Flynn's code, so there could be something hidden in there. Or, Flynn himself could somehow have access to this system. Maybe even some FL people getting inside Encom with their badges managed to get something in here.

Blastable walls, weird behavior, whatever.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sowasred2012
Unfettered

Just had a quick thought whilst looking at the game over scoreboard screen - they're all Flynn's scores, what if they're a code?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:21 pm
citizenpep
Boot

Dead at level 5... This is a little tricky. I wish you had the option of inverting the mouse controls.

I'm guessing that beating all 15 levels will reveal something, or just give a new badge. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:21 pm
JamiroFan2000
Decorated

thebruce wrote:
wait a tick... tried in Chrome and it's smooth. Haven't tried IE again yet though. not sure in the problem.

Even 'font harkening' OR playing OR even using the damned name of ANYTHING 'Internet Explorer' browser is TECHNOLOGICAL BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY I TELL YOU! Hehe, I kid, yeah, gettin' real tough SP is, especially at Sector 6 and above!

UPDATE: What the hell?!? Did I just see what looked like a 'fire hydrant' firing at me on Sector 6? Man!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:22 pm
wilstev
Boot

Crashed out at level 8 using chrome unfortunately. Switching to firefox and hopefully better luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:24 pm
Shad0
I Have No Life

Re: [OT] Space Paranoids Online
Useful discoveries

1) It appears that the reloaders eventually recharge and give you the opportunity for another five shots.

2) The reloaders also recharge fully whenever you die. Your enemies on that level do not.

3) If you are patient enough to wait until the high scores disappear, you will be given the option to (C)ontinue (on the level where you lost) instead of starting all over from Sector 1. Thank heavens!

Edit: Please disregard #3 -- I think you always get that option when playing again.
These were the puzzles that would take a day, these were puzzles that would take a week, and these puzzles they'd probably never figure out until we broke down and gave them the answers. ... The Cloudmakers solved all of these puzzles on the first day.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 pm
Illy

There seems to be this little odd white square on Sector 9. It kind of looks like a reloading pad, except it's bright white and has what looks like little packets of data floating out of it. Driving into it seems to pick a random location on the stage and drop you off there. Not sure if it's anything, but it looked a little out of place.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:30 pm
JamiroFan2000
Decorated

Illy wrote:
There seems to be this little odd white square on Sector 9. It kind of looks like a reloading pad, except it's bright white and has what looks like little packets of data floating out of it. Driving into it seems to pick a random location on the stage and drop you off there. Not sure if it's anything, but it looked a little out of place.

Just like, to a little degree, like the datastream that Flynn's 'Hack program' tank travelled in before being inundated by recognizers in the beginning of 'Tron' movie. Neat!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:33 pm
Illy

JamiroFan2000 wrote:
Illy wrote:

Just like, to a little degree, like the datastream that Flynn's 'Hack program' tank travelled in before being inundated by recognizers in the beginning of 'Tron' movie. Neat!

Didn't realize it was a movie reference. XD

Anyway, don't think there's anything special about the warp pads, now that I've gotten a bit further. They seem to be a common element on the later maps. Sector 10 has one on each end of the map, and 11 has one next to a reload station.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:37 pm
EuchreModerator
uF Game Warden

For those of you having a lot of grief with controlling the turret and tank movement at once, it was pointed out in the chat that just hitting Spacebar will orient the tank to the turret direction - which makes navigation a LOT easier.
ŠEuchre 2007

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:39 pm
KJA
Boot

THERE ARE HIDDEN WALLS IN THIS GAME. I FOUND A BARCODE ON SECTOR 6. LET ME TAKE A PRINT SCREEN OF IT.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:46 pm
Last edited by KJA on Thu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
gpvm
Boot

In level 9, I used the portals 3x in a row and ended up in an enclosed area of the maze - 4 walls. couldn't figure a way out and then the game crashed

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:48 pm
Page 7 of 17 [244 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 15, 16, 17  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Flynn Lives
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum