Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:47 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
500RADS and Cloverfield 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Xiouu
Kilroy

500RADS and Cloverfield 2
My connection..

Upon doing a lot of stressful, random, and very unsuccessful research, I found something.

I started here, with this picture:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N6EPD5V6MaI/S5J2h6k95nI/AAAAAAAAAGM/CFeDxU4frag/s1600/polaroid_5.jpg

and it took me to this post on IMDB:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1062/picture1eha.png

His post with the spoiler led to a collection of numbers. At first it reminded me of a HEX code, but then I saw it was seven digits, and had to do with science.

10 CFR 20

I had to google it.

I did, and it brought me here:
http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/

The NRC.
The US nuclear regulatory comission.

If you read it, you'll notice the tie-ins to radiation. Somewhat related to the theories about 500RADS, and the fact that in Cloverfield, Manhattan became a nuclear wasteland after it's exposure to destruction caused by...it.

Recently on 500RADS.blogspot.com, there was a post.

WE HAVE LILY!
http://500rads.blogspot.com/2010/03/we-have-lily.html

In that post there is a comment:

Quote:
Jason said...
Hal, is Lilly with the NRC? you have to tell us what's going on

MARCH 19, 2010 8:30 PM

I will admit to you, quite embarrassingly, I do not know where to go from this.

I do however want to believe this blogspot creation is of the staff under JJ Abrams. A lot of the information posted seems very legit, original, and never before seen.

Help the real Cloverfield fans who know that the movie is a true piece of modern artwork find their hope. Please don't deny this for us, unless you have proof. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
geezyj
Unfettered

Re: 500RADS and Cloverfield 2
My connection..

Xiouu wrote:
Upon doing a lot of stressful, random, and very unsuccessful research, I found something.

I started here, with this picture:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N6EPD5V6MaI/S5J2h6k95nI/AAAAAAAAAGM/CFeDxU4frag/s1600/polaroid_5.jpg

and it took me to this post on IMDB:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1062/picture1eha.png

His post with the spoiler led to a collection of numbers. At first it reminded me of a HEX code, but then I saw it was seven digits, and had to do with science.

10 CFR 20

I had to google it.

I did, and it brought me here:
http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/

The NRC.
The US nuclear regulatory comission.

If you read it, you'll notice the tie-ins to radiation. Somewhat related to the theories about 500RADS, and the fact that in Cloverfield, Manhattan became a nuclear wasteland after it's exposure to destruction caused by...it.

Recently on 500RADS.blogspot.com, there was a post.

WE HAVE LILY!
http://500rads.blogspot.com/2010/03/we-have-lily.html

In that post there is a comment:

Quote:
Jason said...
Hal, is Lilly with the NRC? you have to tell us what's going on

MARCH 19, 2010 8:30 PM

I will admit to you, quite embarrassingly, I do not know where to go from this.

I do however want to believe this blogspot creation is of the staff under JJ Abrams. A lot of the information posted seems very legit, original, and never before seen.

Help the real Cloverfield fans who know that the movie is a true piece of modern artwork find their hope. Please don't deny this for us, unless you have proof. Sad

now THAT is dedication. Were you around for the original Cloverfield ARG?

but I also have to say that you shouldn't get too deep into this, because there is a very good chance that it is fake and whoever is behind htis "viral" is just pulling your strings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:44 pm
RasGold
Unfettered

Re: 500RADS and Cloverfield 2
My connection..

geezyj wrote:
now THAT is dedication. Were you around for the original Cloverfield ARG?

but I also have to say that you shouldn't get too deep into this, because there is a very good chance that it is fake and whoever is behind htis "viral" is just pulling your strings.

Can you be so sure?

I was doing a google search myself (500rads.com) and came across the following in boardreader ... Untitled_J_J_Abrams_Project_2008_220856.html

Quote:
I'm convinced that 500rads.blogspot.com is a part of a viral campaign for Cloverfield 2.

I look at it as basic time spent vs. reward. A single person handling a website, loading it up with Cloverfield hints, dropping the name 500Rads, and ESPECIALLY including Sakura as a commenter, there would be no motivation for an unaffiliated party to bother with the thing.

Sakura has to be one of the most obscure references out there. I mean, if you spend the time to know the background that well, and you have that much passion for the film and it's future, you're not going to jerk the rest of the fan base for fun.

So, I'm theorizing that recent posts on the blog indicate his neighbor has bitten him...Slusho secret ingredient derives from Cloverfield monster Parasites and there was a bad batch, maybe too strong? Instead of causing death it causes wild manias and aggression, and eventually, infection.

Which would means that more parasites are out there fueling the product, and that also Tagruato knew the whole time about the Cloverfield monster. So, when they went searching for the satellite piece, or went to check up on their oil rig, they KNEW a monster was close, and tried to stealthily monitor the parasites for future products without waking the monster.

Plot could revolve around humans in a post-Clovie year, as flashbacks of alternate film footage reveals what really happened to ONE of the monsters (the star of the first film's fate). Probably killed.

Or, it's nothing at all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:48 am
Euchre
uF Game Warden

It's gotta be the truth!

Someone posted it ON THE INTERNET!

Twisted Evil
©Euchre 2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:17 am
horribleives
Greenhorn

Not only that, it has a photo of THE TOY on! That's right, THE TOY. If this isn't confirmation I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 am
lazarusHART
Unfettered

Some people here should lurk more before they post...
Coffee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 pm
Chrizzy
Unfettered

lazarusHART wrote:
Some people here should lurk more before they post...

that seems to be a problem that isn't going away any time soon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:48 pm
lazarusHART
Unfettered

I miss the good old days....
Coffee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm
RasGold
Unfettered

Beating a Dead horse ...

Quote:
Any sufficiently plausible fiction is indistinguishable from reality.
Any sufficiently twisted reality is indistinguishable from fiction.
Welcome to the new world of entertainment.
©Euchre 2007

I lurked on here for over TWO years!

I'm not one to play games, but still managed to get caught up on the original Cloverfield viral ...
Until it went all "blog." (i.e. MissingTeddy, T.I.D.O. wave ... etc.)

Dennis (from CloverfieldClues) suggested I join this forum way back, when I had thought I discovered a "mosquito" in the trailer soundtrack. (There was one ... a reference to Godzilla!)

Tho, there was no real audio/signature "mosquito" in the film, the camera shakiness led to theaters posting the "motion sickness" signage.

Anyway ...
I know for a fact that 500Rads is real.
Tho, I did not create it, I do know one of the guys behind the whole thing.
There's a reason for the Paramount/Fox crossover.

Dennis has deleted a couple replies on his blog, but left Hal's message.

As for Thad and his 10cfr20 blog ... No-one knows who he/she is ...

I only came on here to promote the Blog, but I have now become confused as the information I had received has stopped.

A simple "fan" would not have the pull to re-create the original IMDb Untitled Cloverfield Sequel page, or put the 500Rads birdie into Pajiba's ear ...

As for the "blog" ... It was created as an experiment to see if fans still had the nerve/courage to look for clues ... a "test" as you will, a way to see if a new form of viral would be acceptable.

Hal (whoever) says the experiment was a failure and has burned his recent pages?!?!

I certainly do not have anything to gain from this ...
I thought it was fun while it lasted.

(I may have to delete/edit this comment)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 am
carson1213
Veteran

4-27-10 Relic Regression

Has anyone on here been following the imdb forum? Real or not, I don't really care, something will give a clue to whatever we are looking at on 4-27-10. Presumably a fake band called Relic will release a "CD" online.
Like I said, whether it's real or not, is not the point, if you want to follow it, follow it, if you don't, then don't. It's an easy choice to make.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:13 am
Euchre
uF Game Warden

What Dennis is saying about this?
Quote:
Dennis said...

No

If you have any involvement with this 'game' (regardless of whether it's 'official' or not) you might want to read the Terms of Service, to wit:
Quote:
Rules and Guidelines for Puppetmasters

Users who are directly involved in the creation or maintenance of any Alternate Reality Game (whether in the role of Puppetmaster or in a Behind-The-Scenes position) are welcome to post as themselves in appropriate context, but not within a forum thread or section in which their game is being discussed.

And:
Quote:
Users are explicitly forbidden to post as characters, whether in the capacity of a registered member or a forum guest, to post in a fashion designed to covertly influence or otherwise finesse players, or in an attempt to move a game forward.

Don't know why you chose to quote my sig, but you seem not to have read it so carefully. You might want to ponder 'sufficiently plausible' a while.
©Euchre 2007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

Quote:
Anyway ...
I know for a fact that 500Rads is real.
Tho, I did not create it, I do know one of the guys behind the whole thing.
There's a reason for the Paramount/Fox crossover.

No. No. And No. Still you think it's real. Those blogs are horribly made. And theres pics of the toy theres pics of Lily's outfits and a dude that worked on the film. Those pertain to our reality where cloverfield is a movie. The cloverfield viral takes place in a alternate universe where there was no cloverfield movie it was for real. And I don't think after Hammerdown they would be selling Clover toys and Lily sure wouldn't sell her outfit tagged as being in a movie. Does anyone get what I'm saying? Rasgold you should probably check out www.ethanhaaswasright.com as that is our true rabbithole. <sarcasm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 pm
Euchre
uF Game Warden

IncidentCloverfield wrote:
Rasgold you should probably check out www.ethanhaaswasright.com as that is our true rabbithole. <sarcasm

Win.
©Euchre 2007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 am
RasGold
Unfettered

RE: Rules of engagement ...

Euchre wrote:
IncidentCloverfield wrote:
Rasgold you should probably check out www.ethanhaaswasright.com as that is our true rabbithole. <sarcasm

Win.

Euchre wrote:

Quote:
Rules and Guidelines for Puppetmasters

Users who are directly involved in the creation or maintenance of any Alternate Reality Game (whether in the role of Puppetmaster or in a Behind-The-Scenes position) are welcome to post as themselves in appropriate context, but not within a forum thread or section in which their game is being discussed.

And:
Quote:
Users are explicitly forbidden to post as characters, whether in the capacity of a registered member or a forum guest, to post in a fashion designed to covertly influence or otherwise finesse players, or in an attempt to move a game forward.

"I am not the Puppet Master. I am the Master of Puppets." - K. K.

Euchre, I used your quote because I thought it was "cute."

As for the 500rads blog ...
The only involvement I am associated with is the fact that I know the person who created it works as a Set/Tech director. The "Set Pics" are from movies that he worked on (and have not yet been released). I also know he sold his Cloverfield props on ebay (NOT because he told me, but because I knew he had the items). The screenplay I sold (six years ago!!) had become stagnant, and the contract is about to expire, so I thought it would be a cool idea to have a "character" post a blog where he was going to turn into a zombie (live, on-line). "Brad" contacted me and requested my story as he is currently working on the J.J. project with the dropped "Code Name." ... I told him (at that time) I was having difficulty with the fact once my character "dies" he could no longer "post." Once the blog was taken from me, and the new blog was in development, I was taken out of the loop.

I only posted on this forum once information stopped! And I'm as clueless as the rest of you about its content.

As for the other blog ...
The creator "claims" the pictures are those sent to him via email (the toy, the logo and whatever that live weather screenshot is).
No-one knows who created it, or what it's for.
I only became a follower out of curiosity.

I, like the rest of you, want some answers.
I'm very excited about whatever J.J. and team are involved with.
FRINGE begins again tonight ... But I have to DVR the ep and watch it after work Sad

Sorry if you guys think I'm an A-hole.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 am
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

And thus an end to the madness... And just like I said this would all be some kind of April Fools joke. Today April 1st, Oh the irony. If anyone is involved in any ARG Viral work it's David Barnoff. He did most of it indeed and all of it for Bad Robot. An interview with him would be awesome...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:13 pm
Page 1 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: