Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:25 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
This is how i connected 500 Rads to Cloverfield
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Emery_Cross
Boot

This is how i connected 500 Rads to Cloverfield

Alright so i went onto the blog and at first i thought it was fake too. But after reading the comments and everything i am fairly convinced this is real.
Here is the way i see it.
Sakura and Hal have so many references to many things inside the Cloverfield universe. And when i saw that Thad Foster watched "Raw Footage from that night nearly two years ago." i thought of that as he watched the actual files from the Cloverfield incident (AKA The actual Cloverfield Movie) But that wasnt much evidence. I just thought of it as a way of connecting both Cloverfield and 500 Rads.
But then i started reading the comments left by some people and when they mentioned things like Slusho, Tagruato, and the Cloverfield Incident i was really intrigued. So i decided to look at more comments left by Sakura.
After i read the comments left by Sakura i found out her full name. Its Sakura Okamoto. After i found it out i went to facebook and typed it in. And i found that she had a profile. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000627573506&ref=ts And i was shocked to find the sword symbol right above her profile picture.
So i started investigating her page more and i saw a comment left by a friend of hers.
It basically said that she works with Tagruato and she was friend with Rob when they were in college.

So yeah thats what i found. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
BernardJ16
Greenhorn

Connection

Whoever is doing this has a good read on the last viral. I can't help but wonder if, whether this is fan made or not, if the whole thing is related to the Bold Futura announcement of hiring 100 of the top physics gradfuates.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 am
gijig21
Boot

Don't give any credit to the comments on the blogs. Anyone can post anything in the comments. So the comments about slusho and tagruato are just others trying to figure out if this is an ARE run by JJ or fans.

Whatever this is it is obvioulsy related to cloverfield. But they have made connections to other moveis, ARGs, etc. So who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 pm
ViVoRa
Boot

Indeed, I and my daugther (Mandyta) question her about Rob.
I don't Know if this 500 rads thing is IG or OOG but it's something to chew, all of us are expecting the launch of a big site, like 01-18-08 or Tagruato, but remenber what JJ say, we are working in something diferent, may be not only the film has different aproach, may be he is trowing us little bits here an there, only to rise the expectation

Remember when viral has in early stages They used My Space, so why not now???

The enigma surrouds Sakura, why the sword??? She knows much about the viral, she's around this very early, look at this
http://comment.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewComments&friendID=217778567
She's repply this post in August 2007 (credit to Rasgold)
And finaly, she speaks various languages (Spanish, Philipino, chinese, japanese, dutch & english) yes I know google tranlate, but i can say this, her spanish is not from a translator, I know this well

This makes me suspect only two things:
a) She is part of the viral
b) She is a huge fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 pm
Emery_Cross
Boot

Thats what i noticed too.
But what do you think of the sword symbol appearing on her profile picture? Do you think its legit or could it just be some form of photoshop?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm
BernardJ16
Greenhorn

comments on the blog

I thought the owner of the blog could control who publishes comments. I remember when missing teddy was hacked. They deleted all of the posts and returned it to the original posting. As I understand it each post must be allowed by the blogs owner. I did look up Oceans Full of Sea Monsters. They have videos on Youtube. The whole thing seems weird. If you go back to Hal's original posts it shows his face, but you get Thad's profile.

I looked up the Sign of the Boar for his year and you get the following:

This boar is a master manipulator and has a greater concern toward personal gain. With a gift for bringing people together this boar is a great promoter who gets along well with everyone. Willing to help all he comes in contact with this boar will likely devote a great deal of time towards charitable efforts. As a persuasive talker this boar will succeed in ambitious corporate ventures. With the cheerful, positive demeanor this boar will have everyone supporting his efforts good or bad.

Famous Persons Born in the Year of the Wood Boar King Hussein Julie Andrews.

Sakura is a fire dragon:

The Fire Dragon is a powerful force to be reckoned with. This is a Dragon doubled! The Fire Dragon can move from calm and collected to combustible in a matter of seconds. In some ways the Fire Dragon is his or her own worst enemy. These Dragons cannot help feeling they are valuable and all-knowing. When they are right their vehemence and vigor is an asset to the cause, and though they value objectivity, they do not always employ the best decision-making measures, and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusion. They also suffer from recklessness and quick tempers. Yet, when they do keep their temper, emotions, and rivaling spirit under control, they emanate a commanding influence on other people.

We obviously have several people who, for whatever reason, want to get the game back on. While I would like to see this as real, the nail in the coffin is that the Slusho store website no longer directs you to a window where you can buy merchandise.

That being said, the effort that has been put in is something that should be harnessed. I do not know what Hal/Thad's motivation is nor the other participants but I hope JJ decides to fill the backstory.

I talk to people who only saw the movie and they really don't get it. If you did not follow the offline story, you missed the movie.

Stephen King did something similar, trying to work the Dark Tower universe into all of his writing, even if you did not catch it at the time.

I would like to think that all of this is the start of something new but I cannot imagine even JJ Abrams would try and make a movie about covering up the destruction of Manhattan.

On the other hand, if he has writer's block, where better to look for inspiration?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:02 am
ViVoRa
Boot

Well our friend Sakura is a box full of surprise, she post on Rob My Space too in 2008

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=201275979&blogID=344665657

Konichiwa Robbie San!

I am so happy for you! Just make sure you research the company really, really good, sweety.

Hey I checked out that commercial, some people might think it is kind of weird but I like it. It's so KAWAII! You know... like Hello Kitty and stuff. Surprised)

Well, if you decide to take the job I'll miss you like crazy. So please promise me you'll keep in touch. I'd love to go spend some time with you in Japan.

Ja mata ne Robbie San!

This confirm her recent facebook post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 pm
The Barmaid
Decorated

So what if the myspace post was inside job and some fan/gamejack/whoever conveniently used that to help form a plausible link?

Still, the story of Rob and Slusho and Sakura and MGP is all IG. Someone with a blog who worked on the SET of the MOVIE about Cloverfield is OOG. The blogspot thing is fan/gamejack/other and at absolute most they are borrowing from the IG world while simultaneously ripping down the 4th Wall, the Iron Curtain, the Oz cubicle and apparently going so far as to swipe/steal/borrow (no doubt without permission) set photos and IG stills from the Cloverfield website, which to me at least is pretty uncool. Wink

PS on Sakura's myspace, click blog and it shows the sign up date which you can't change at will....apparently this user joined myspace on Dec 3 2006, long before Cloverfield. Myspace shows "Cancer" and Melissa friend wishes Sakura a happy birthday on July 12, during Cancer...so the person seems legit, and if so, isn't part of the Cloverfield universe as presented by Abrams.

Conclusion 1] Sakura is a common name and it's a coincidence
Conclusion 2] Sakura who joined myspace in 06, and who is unrelated and uninvolved with Abrams entirely, just added Rob as a friend and jumped in same as everyone else and may or may not be the same as the blog
Conclusion 3] Same person, pretty enthusiastic, but still unrelated and uninvolved with Abrams or the actual ARG.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

It looks interesting, even if I suppose, it is not official.
Sakura Okamotos userpic is according tineye search actually a work by Shunya Yamashita
http://team-gear-second.max2forum.com/wallpapers-dessins-graphismes-f9/yamashita-t123.htm
http://shunyama.web.fc2.com (Attention: some NSFW contents).

I think, JJ Abrams wouldn't use for his projects already existing artworks...

But I will try to follow this one, since it looks very neat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 pm
clover890
Decorated

I talked to her on facebook in the chat thing and she was saying how thad and hal are lying and that she had to change her look because someone is following her Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 pm
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: