Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Project

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:22 am
All times are UTC - 6
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
If You Were JJ Abrams...
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
The Barmaid
Decorated

If You Were JJ Abrams...
what would you be up to really?

That's the gist of the question.

I got to thinking about this and thought maybe, hopefully, we could take a different approach - instead of grasping at vague blogs, what if we attempted to wear the Abrams Hat for a bit and go with what we know about how he goes about things.

We're at least mostly settled he has something Cloverfield related in the works. We know he's acknowledged it's probably not a sequel, but it's a really kick ass idea.

We know that there seems to have been an increase in Slusho sightings in his recent works.

We know that there is a possible connection to 500Rads.

We know that he uses actual websites (not blogspot cheese), and that those sites are up and running way before they are introduced.

We know he's a huge fan of tie ins.

...and whatever else you all know we know that I probably am not boned up on

So given this, what do we think would be the most likely direction Abrams would go with this C2 theme?

We have the reality of what happened in Cloverfield, minimal survivors out of that group, we know the military had got hold of the camera and was part of their own files on the event. We know NOTHING was ever resolved with the Slusho angle at all. We know we have next to nothing on the backstory of the origin of MGP. That's almost an insane diss of Chekhov's Gun there...so it seems to me almost guaranteed he will have to go back and clear up a lot of unanswered questions in anything Cloverfield related so the audience isn't cheated.

We know he's almost certainly well aware of UF and the fan base waiting and hoping for more Game.

He's working on something right now that's a kick ass idea, out of inspiration, and definitely related to Cloverfield but not a sequel (which would likely be what happens after that event and what's up with the rest of the country/world after the whole thing, but not likely the original characters since most of them are dead.

What do you think...if you were Abrams, what would you most likely be cooking up? If we can find a good consensus (and too, considering his typical time frame of making it to launching it), it could possibly help us find a more fruitful path where those eggs might be waiting or will turn up later.

As for the time frame - remember too that they'd not really even finished by the time that trailer came out. We had a few on here posting shots from the sets and shoots just a small handful of months before the thing was even released. This could help too in working out a window here.

Just a thought!

Go Team Clover! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:12 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
The Barmaid
Decorated

K, fine

Chickens...I'll go first then... Laughing

Just as a delicious example....

After reading this, from here:

Quote:
Crave Online: What keeps you doing TV when you can do movies now?

J.J. Abrams: It's a funny question to me because I love it. I feel so lucky to get to do it. Working on movies and Star Trek is coming along, almost done with that, but the draw to do TV is simply the opportunity to do it. I just feel like for this moment that we can, we would be crazy not to. It's such an amazing medium. It's such an interesting process. Even now as the episodes are being filmed, there's this really weird thing when you're lucky enough to get a pilot done and you've lived with that for a little while and then a lot of talk about getting to do the shows, then you start to see the characters again, it's just a bizarre thing. It's this organic, ongoing thing and when you have actors as good as we have and you've got a story that I'm really excited that we're telling over a long term, and also episode to episode, for me it's a funny question because I just feel lucky enough to be doing this.

and shortly after, this:

Crave Online: What's the status on Invisible Woman and Cloverfield 2?

J.J. Abrams: Invisible woman, we're still trying to find the right place to make it because it's a very specific, small, niche movie but Matt Reeves wrote an incredible script that is such a wonderful role for an actress. We have a lot of people in mind but we're meeting a number of people. But Cloverfield 2, we're still talking about it but the fact is, I just didn't want to do a sequel, but there's another idea that's going around that could be kind of cool.

Crave Online: Could it be a different city?

J.J. Abrams: It would be a totally different kind of thing but it's too early to talk about.

Crave Online: Have you brainstormed any non sci-fi ideas?

J.J. Abrams: Yeah, sure. I have actually. Nothing yet and I don't want to bore you. There are certain ideas that I've been thinking about. My wife and I have been talking a lot about that. Katy's always saying, she always remembers when I wrote the Felicity pilot. I would love to do something else like that. It just hasn't happened.

...and that surge in using Slusho in more works, what if....

what if this really cool idea, something new, totally different kind of thing that's not a Cloverfield sequel, and "and when you have actors as good as we have and you've got a story that I'm really excited that we're telling over a long term".....

he was possibly kicking around making a Cloverfield themed TV SERIES, perhaps Lost esque version of Slusho/Tagruato

It could happen.... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm
Bran
Boot

1. The same movie from a different group of peoples' view point

2. A fantasy movie that shows the story of Ganu described on Slusho, it would be more of a kids movie, but maybe like The Last Mimzy. You know a mystical whale with taste buds that can not be satisfied, until raw Slusho is found.

3. A sitcom. The series finale will be the attack on NYC. XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 pm
Animaniac
Unfettered

That quoted section doesnt make me very hopeful...

He has a lot of former works that clicked for him when he wrote them, that got him excited to film them.. the last one I'd want to hear him invoke was Felicity.

He also says it will be a 'totally different kind of thing' that seems to eliminate any possibilty of the same attack from a different viewpoint, and certainly eliminates any monster attack as central to the plot, at least one in progress.

Soo.. Felicity + Cloverfield... A romantic dramedy based in a New York art school post MGP?

Hmm.. make it a journalism school, and an intrepid reporter in training trying to find out what REALY happened and we have a JJ Abrams conspiracy plot in progress...

And that would make 500 rads (slightly) more viable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:40 am
MrSnow1900
Greenhorn

Well, with Lost ending pretty soon here, he might have some time opened up to actually work on something. I hope it's sooner than later. Two years is a very long wait.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 pm
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: