Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:04 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[ART] Marble Hornets Fanart
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 152 [2273 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 150, 151, 152  Next
Dray
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

[ART] Marble Hornets Fanart
Links and uploads for art relating to MH

The only thing that I ask not be linked in this thread is masky masks... as awesome as they are, there are a couple of other threads dealing with masks (Try the Masky's Mask thread if you like!)

I'll try to keep the first post up to date with links and pointers to fanart that folks have made. If you see something that's not up here, feel free to poke me and I will add it. Smile (Not including everything right off the bat. I am le tired, my brains are le mash.)

Fan Crack
(For injokes, Tegaki lols, and otherwise silly arts that are off kilter or off canon.)
-Tegaki - In which the confusion over the name 'Alex' leads to lulz
-Tegaki - And part II
-Tegaki - And part III
-Tegaki - Slendy enjoys tea time
-Tegaki - Masky is apparently obsessive
-Tegaki - Slendy is an abusive jerk
-Tegaki - JAY MAD, JAY SMASH
-Tegaki - Slendy is an attention ho
-Tegaki - Dotman is perhaps CYOA-ing in Slenderland?!
-Tegaki - Masky Valentines crack
-Tegaki - Masky adds tuberculosis to his list of ailments 1
-Tegaki - Masky adds tuberculosis to his list of ailments 2
-Deviantart - Slenderman Desktop
-Mas Ky Valentines Cards
-Deviantart - Slender Man Valentines Cards

Srs Business Fanarts
(For things that are more related to the general atmosphere of the series.)
-Deviantart - Masky in profile

Slenderman Related
(For art and such that's Slendy-related but may not be specific to Marble Hornets)
- Deviantart - Slenderman Cometh
(A Deviantart group collecting Slenderman arts)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 am
Last edited by Dray on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:52 am; edited 4 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Dray

Aaaand chugging away on that silly poster. Here's the pencils without any shades overlaid to give it that "EVERYTHING IS BLACK!" punch. Razz

Spent too long looking over MH entries trying to puzzle out facial planes to try to get these guys right. If only Seth was in more than three seconds of film in which he looked dour. I think he's the least resolved! (If only their were more female characters. 9_9 Male faces are so much more tricky!)
MHMontagepencils1.jpg
 Description   Yaaay, progress!
 Filesize   183.92KB
 Viewed   711 Time(s)

MHMontagepencils1.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:36 am
dotman4114
Veteran

I want you to know, that image is my background. That also means that everytime I see it and get distracted by my work then you're the one I can blame. LAWSUIT! *points finger*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dray

Pfff blame Slenderman, he's the loser who got the MH crew in this mess to begin with and then sucked us fantards in after them. ;P

Also adding your thread. I am feeling a little brain-durpy myself in regards to tegaki replies. I keep meaning to make an entry for myself, as it seems that all I ever do is comment to other people. XD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:19 am
Mops
Decorated

Dray, stop being so amazing, you're making the entire human population feel bad. :c

Actually, no, don't stop, because then the arts would stop AND WE DON'T WANT THAT AT ALL.

Also feel free to add my tegaki crack to the list. *pokepoke*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:54 am
dotman4114
Veteran

Dray wrote:
Pfff blame Slenderman, he's the loser who got the MH crew in this mess to begin with and then sucked us fantards in after them. ;P

Also adding your thread. I am feeling a little brain-durpy myself in regards to tegaki replies. I keep meaning to make an entry for myself, as it seems that all I ever do is comment to other people. XD
Danke, and dawww well you'd better hurry before more users show up!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 am
MissDelirium
Boot

Dray, I cannot wait to see that poster finished! It looks so great now, I can only imagine the amounts of epic it will have when it's done! C:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:57 am
Aja Aeris
Boot

Damnit Dray, why are you so awesome?! >.< I don't suppose you'd put that poster up for commissions, would you? I would srsly pay to own one...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 am
spaekle
Decorated

That poster is awesome, dude. Do you have a purpose in mind for it, or is it just cool fanart-ness?

Also I love reading those tegaki things. Makes me want to finally get around to using my tegaki for something, but then I try drawing an entry and lose my groove within like five minutes. :c

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 am
Dray

Nah, it's just fanart at this point. Not planning on selling it -- it's not my intellectual property! Will be passing it on to the folks who are making the series as a big old 'thanks, you guys, you rock' though. Maybe if they want to sell it or allow it to be sold, then okay. Not beforehand though.

Besides it ain't done yet. I'll probably bork it with the painting.... X3

Also, Sorry Mo', I'll add those in to the first post! running on a sleep deficit right about now. Little bit brain-fogged as yet!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 am
copperbot
Kilroy

Hah, great stuff here. Kudos to Dray for organizing all that.

Unlurked to throw my doodle on here.
mhmix.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   117.25KB
 Viewed   273 Time(s)

mhmix.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 pm
Dray

Yay, more art! Very Happy *sings the 'you need a montage' song* You should unlurk more often, copperbot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:20 pm
MagicNein
Veteran

I'll link my Tegaki entry as soon as I add a few more comments to it, I'm starting to get a bit better with my Tablet, but it's still really weird for me.

Also, any pointers on Drawing/Coloring digitally? Besides Practicing more, any styles of coloring to recommend, or programs? I use Photoshop Elements 4, and I know I'll be messing around in Tegaki a lot more. I want to get better, but I'm also very impatient with myself. Help?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 pm
dotman4114
Veteran

I drew a shitty picture on the back of my progress report with my shitty pencil during my shitty 4th period today, It's pretty shitty if I say so myself. Grade was alright though. Wink I'd upload it but I have no scanner/camera at the moment, so I'll just keep you people waiting in suspense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:39 pm
Dray

Ha ha, I use those crappy number 2 pencils for everything. I used to try to be all fancy arty with various kinds of nibs and brushes and fancy art pencils of varying weights but in the end, it's just so much cheaper and somehow... I dunno, more comforting to head back to the cheapy yellow pencils.

Tips for painting digitally... hm, there are SO MANY and I am definitely not an expert! I would say that, above and beyond anything else that you do, try to develop a critical eye for mark making. By that I mean, do the lines that you're making look nice? For example, cross hatching, pointilism, etc. are various methods of filling in space. If you're using a tablet in photoshop and you're zoomed out to 50%, chances are your lines are going to look wiggly and not very appealing. Make sure to zoom in to try to get control!

Play around with the different settings that you have available to you. In Tegaki that means the different line weights and opacities. In Photoshop that means different kinds of brushes, flow rate, opacity, brush sensitivity, etc. etc. etc. and see what looks good! Experimenting can be really helpful. If you have expendable income, and like collecting stuff, art books are excellent resources. Either picking up books of artists that you really like and eyeballing what makes the picture work, or the usual 'how to draw' stuff works great. I think there's a magazine out there called imagine fx that has millions of little tips and tricks from beginners to expert levels. this LJ community and its maintainer are amazing for random tutorials on how to paint/draw/conceptualize stuff. She's a freaking machine.

For me, on Tegaki I like to use a very thin brush for all of the details and a thicker one only for filling stuff in. If it's a scene (lol this sounds like serious business. XD) then start with a background colour, then use the 1pt brush to rough in where I want everything. Then start 'painting' in things from the furthest back to the closest on the picture plane. I fricking loathe the lack of layers but it seems to work!

In photoshop I generally work with a regular brush at anywhere between 100% and 30% hardness, fill in a space with a flat colour, and paint on a new layer that's grouped with the flat colour layer at anywhere between 10% opacity (for smoother looking shading and lighting) to 70% opacity (much sharper contrast). Always always braining the light sources and shadows as I'm colouring. Usually not getting right, but trying to keep it in mind.

As boring as their are, life studies are great to paint to help you understand what works and what doesn't. Starting with a coloured ground instead of a white canvas is good. Using the eyedropper tool in photoshop is really important to make sure your colours are all over the place. In Tegaki I like to stick with the basic colour bar and the grayscale because it's easier to remember what colours I was using, and keeping your palette down to two or three colours is not only faster in the long run, it gives your viewers more of an epic face smash. Working with the colour wheel (Green and red, yellow and purple, blue and orange, for example) is also a good way to help punch your viewers.

Um um um (Oh god this could go on forever. XD) Basically just figure out what it is that you want to draw, and don't be afraid to do pencil roughs, colour roughs, sketches, adjustments, etc. Don't treat your drawing as being precious, but don't treat it like garbage, either. Just keep working on it, and try to keep in mind that you want to guide the viewer's eye (aka face-punch~) to get across what you want to 'say', visually, clearly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 pm
Page 1 of 152 [2273 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 150, 151, 152  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: