Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:57 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
New Mail From Beth
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [52 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
mulder
Boot

New Mail From Beth

Quote:
Hi!

Vacation! I can't believe that with everything happening at work, I actually have the courage to take my boss up on his offer of "a little time off to regroup and regain my focus". I'm so very excited and there is just so much to do before I leave tomorrow and here I am writing an email. I figured that it would be the best way to let everyone know that I'm ok and that I'll be back in town next week, if everything goes as planned.

As you are aware, I have a rather intense interest in paranormal activity. Well, sometime this week someone went into my research archives and did something to a few of the events I've chronicled which made me look a bit more closely at them. If my hunch is correct, I think that for the first time I may have actually predicted where the next occurrence will take place. I can't believe it and it all seems so crazy, but sometimes you just have to follow your gut. So, I'm off to the middle of nowhere to experience an anomaly first hand. I'll be sure to take copious notes and video whatever I may see. To be honest, I have no idea of what to expect and the anticipation is nearly killing me!

My boss, I'm sure, will not be happy with my short notice. There is so much work to be done and he's already more than a bit upset with me. The new CEO seems to have lost the big picture and has reassigned the priorities on a number of accounts which has us all running around like mad. Despite my best efforts, I've not been able to focus on work and find myself constantly distracted by the paranormal. Which, luckily I was because I think that I may actually have predicted an event (at least the when & where of it!). My mind is just racing!

Other than that, things have really been looking up. It was a rough start to the week, a good friend is apparently very upset with me for some reason that he does not feel the need to share, my research archives were once again broken into and messed with, my dog was back at the vet. On top of a rough couple weeks, it just nearly broke me. Fortunately I've made a new friend at work that helped me to see the light at the end of the tunnel, Laika was suddenly much better, the altered research led me to a fantastic revelation, and I just feel like I'm 10 years old waiting to open presents. It's all so illogical and yet so invigorating! I haven't felt this great for about two years. I'm so excited that I'm beginning to ramble.

I'll have my laptop with me, though who knows what sort of connection I'll be able to get out there. I'll try to check in with everyone midweek. If not, I should be back in town next week.

Woo! Vacation!!

Beth

What should we take out of this???

(sorry if it was already posted)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:13 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
mulder
Boot

First thing I asked myself is... HOW SHE PREDICTED??

Quote:
sometime this week someone went into my research archives and did something to a few of the events I've chronicled which made me look a bit more closely at them

How, or What exactly was changed? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:14 pm
Miss Starchild
Boot

I had just posted this e-mail here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:19 pm
mulder
Boot

First thing I asked myself is... HOW SHE PREDICTED??

Quote:
sometime this week someone went into my research archives and did something to a few of the events I've chronicled which made me look a bit more closely at them

How, or What exactly was changed? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:21 pm
mulder
Boot

sorry... you posted while I was finishin' reading...whatever the mods would like to delete... feel free!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:22 pm
mulder
Boot

comments all!! need some answers...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:34 pm
niobexrev
Unfettered

First thing I'd like to say is, well ask, is: What's the deal with my email? Id didn't even get this email. I didn't get the wongmo email either. What's going on here? I got Beth's first message. But now only select people are getting messages. I'm either getting frustrated or this is all part of the show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:47 pm
nonlocality
Boot

Conjucture: prediction was made based on the altered order of certain events.

If you plot 92-101 on a map, you will find that they fall in a fairly straight line. I have not taken the time to plot them extremely accurately, but that is clear even from my rough plot. Perhaps there is a way of connecting those points that suggests a new location. I don't thing a straight line will work, but perhaps some other way. Maybe a spiral.

(For those who want to map it, Carey Idaho is where I-96 and I-23 cross, but is not on a lot of maps.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:49 pm
Miss Starchild
Boot

niobexrev wrote:
First thing I'd like to say is, well ask, is: What's the deal with my email? Id didn't even get this email. I didn't get the wongmo email either. What's going on here? I got Beth's first message. But now only select people are getting messages. I'm either getting frustrated or this is all part of the show.

Does your e-mail has one of those spam killers? It's almost impossible to receive this kind os e-mail with those.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:55 pm
niobexrev
Unfettered

Miss Starchild wrote:
niobexrev wrote:

Does your e-mail has one of those spam killers?

No, it has an option. It's Yahoo mail. And it has a "this is spam" option. But I never clicked on it. I'll check again. But I may have to rely on this forum to see email interraction with ARGers. I hate that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:57 pm
AnthraX101
Entrenched

I have a YAHOO! account and have receved all the email traffic.

AnthraX101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:58 pm
Miss Starchild
Boot

niobexrev wrote:
No, it has an option. It's Yahoo mail. And it has a "this is spam" option. But I never clicked on it. I'll check again. But I may have to rely on this forum to see email interraction with ARGers. I hate that.

Weird, mine is yahoo also and I got everything. Try to subscribe again and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:04 pm
niobexrev
Unfettered

Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Dumb blonde moment though I'm not blonde. I forgot to log into yahoo mail. Usually it says whether I'm logged in on the Yahoo mainpage. Anyway, back to topic.

So, are we missing something with her dog's name agian? We already thought it was a clue at the beginning of this game, but dismissed it when we couldn't find anything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:37 pm
Omnie
Entrenched

Whoa...what I'm interested in is that I was totally and completely wrong when I guessed that Phil's e-mail was directed to Wongmo and not to Beth. Apparently Phil hearts Wongmo...I'm so confused. I need some time to wrap my brain around all this, heh...you guys should know better than to ever listen to me again. Very Happy

Also, Kat is totally encouraging Beth's trip. Which makes me think that Beth is on the wrong track and is being led on a wild goose chase.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:43 pm
Mooni
Boot

Beth wrote:
Fortunately I've made a new friend at work that helped me to see the light

and

Omnie wrote:
Also, Kat is totally encouraging Beth's trip. Which makes me think that Beth is on the wrong track and is being led on a wild goose chase.

Sorry if I've missed something, but are you suggesting that Kat is Beth's 'new friend'? If so, why would she strike up a friendship with the person who ratted on her?

Still, going on the theory that Kat is encouraging Beth's vacation, a few possiblities spring to mind:

a) Something big is about to go down at Metacortex and Kat wants to get Beth out of the way, or

b) Beth's vacation is going to uncover some major paranormal event that may help resolve that part of the ARG for us, or

c) The vacation has secretly been arranged by Kat and her cronies so as to 'disappear' Beth, in which case we probably won't hear from her again.

Personally, I favour (c), because Beth's disappearance would tie in nicely with all the paranormal stuff she's been investigating and it could eventually lead us to the person at sheismissing.

Another random observation: Beth says she'll be gone for a week from tomorrow, which means that she should be back two or three days before the release of "Revolutions". I'm not sure if this is relevant, but if this ARG does in fact tie in with the films, I'd imagine that things would be drawing to a conclusion at around this time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:20 am
Page 1 of 4 [52 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: