Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Lewis Hamilton: Secret Life
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 16 of 22 [330 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Agent Lex
Entrenched

Just to let you know, I managed to make my way into London one last tine for this. I have the info now, am waiting to see if a friend will be able to make it down else I'll have to find the painting all by myself!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:43 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Chaziboy

Went to London today. Started the challenge and got all the clues, finally found the painting and took a picture.

Was told I was the first person to find it too Smile

Did anyone else notice the people following you taking pictures?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:30 am
Chaziboy
Boot

*Whoops, wasn't logged in*

Went to London today. Started the challenge and got all the clues, finally found the painting and took a picture.

Was told I was the first person to find it too Smile

Did anyone else notice the people following you taking pictures?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 am
Agent Lex
Entrenched

Congrats on being first! I also completed it after waiting for people who had to cancel, I'll write up a proper post tomorrow.

I didn't notice anyone taking photos as I went round, but I'm not surprised we were being tracked!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:26 pm
chelec
Decorated

I had good fun with it as well. Worked out I'd make a very bad secret agent as I did not notice the follower until he yelled my name out at the end of the quest Wink Ended up doing a quick video chat with him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chelec
Decorated

Here's yesterday's journey.

1. Go to the gallery and pick up the first clue, which was to meet a contact in in Chinatown. We are chasing a painting by Victor
2. Got to the meetup place and greeted by guy who pretended to speak little English. Get given a piece of paper with 2 words in simplified Chinese and the suggestion to go and find someone to translate them. I grabbed 2 tourists who gave me part of them, but ended up sending a picture of the characters to a friend to translate.
3. Next address was another gallery (Future Gallery on Great Newport St). I was stuck here, and emailed in for a clue. Turns out there was a poster in the gallery door which mentioned the painter, pointing to a bookshop on Charing Cross Rd (Pordes books). The poster was a picture of Victor sitting outside the bookshop.
4. Asked for Victor in bookshop and got told he's gone sunbathing with Charles II. A clue that would only work if you were good at Google or knew the area. It pointed to Soho Square, actually about the only place in Soho that has grass for sunbathing.
5. In Soho Square, tracked down Victor. (felt sorry for the actor here, he was wearing suit and trilby on the hottest day of year). Victor said he's traded in the painting for a haircut, at Daniels (I think that was the name). A couple of questions gave directions)
6. Hairdressers as a small place in a mews just off Dean St called We are Cutz. The salon had lots of pictures' eventually found the right one, a little difficult given the blurry nature of the clue, and took the photo to email off to MI1000.

A nice little jaunt around the Soho area, even if it got a little warm! The response will come on Monday I think

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lysithea
Unfettered

chelec wrote:
Here's yesterday's journey.
Thank you for writing that up for those of us who couldn't be there. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:42 pm
Chaziboy
Boot

Here is my two cents of my journey on Saturday.

Found the Tenderpixel gallery, turned up at 12 (misread website)

Came back an hour later and there was a guy sitting in the gallery (poor guy sitting there for 5 hours). He started talking about the painting and gave me two sheets of paper. One with the instructions to the first location with a blurry picture of the painting and the other with a map.

Followed the instructions to a guy with a Beige bucket hat in Chinatown. Talked to him, he gave me a strip of paper with chinese symbols on it and kept pointing at people. After a couple of mind bashing seconds I figured "we're in Chinatown, I think I better ask someone to translate".

Saw three boys and decided to ask them for help. One struggled a little bit but finally told me it said "Gallery on Newport street"

Finally found "Great Newport Street" after finding out there wasn't just a "Newport Street" and then found the gallery. It was all locked up but we saw a poster of a guy (Victor Hayhew) sitting outside of Henry Pordes Books which was pointed out by someone else who we met was trying to do the challenge too. God knows where he dissapeared too lol

We decided to go try at the book shop, after nervously asking the shop keeper, he pointed to another room with a guy called Angus in it.

We asked him about a painting by Victor Hayhew, he said that he was sunbathing in Soho with Charles II. Coming out of ther completly confused, it clicked for us to try Soho Square.

We got there and low and behold, about a hundred people were sunbathing. I remembered I took a picture of the poster from the Future Gallery which had Victor Hayhew on it. Matched that with a guy sitting on the grass and went over to talk to him.

He said that he swapped the painting for a haircut which he apparently thought was a fair price and said that we needed to find a guy called Daniel who worked in We Are Cuts in an alleyway off of Dean Street.

We found We Are Cuts after about five minutes of walking and asked for Daniel. I asked him about a painting that a guy called Victor had given him and he showed me the painting on the wall. I followed the instructions and took a picture of the painting and he then told me that I was the first person to find it. That made me feel proud Razz

So after completing everything and constantly spotting a guy taking pictures, he approached us and told us who he was. He was a great guy and we had a little chat and a sort of interview which he filmed on his iPhone 4.

You can check out what I filmed throughout the day here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svo76MRkMdg

Overall it was a very fun day. I emailed the picture to the address it showed and got this message back:

"Great work, agent ********. Your reward will follow on Monday.

Congratulations again.

Mi1000"

I will post again about what the reward is when I find out Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:58 pm
Agent Lex
Entrenched

Looks like I don't need to tell my story, chelec and Chaziboy did a fine job. Just dropping in to report that I got my appreciative token today - a lovely £50 Amazon gift voucher! Well worth the trip Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 am
Lysithea
Unfettered

Chaziboy wrote:
You can check out what I filmed throughout the day here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svo76MRkMdg
I really enjoyed your video. Very Happy
If you prize winners don't mind sharing, I'm curious what cool stuff you plan to buy with the vouchers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm
Chaziboy
Boot

Lysithea wrote:
Chaziboy wrote:
I really enjoyed your video. Very Happy
If you prize winners don't mind sharing, I'm curious what cool stuff you plan to buy with the vouchers.

Thanks Smile Glad you injoyed it.

I plan on Buying a few Blu-rays and some components for my computer and protection for all my equipment so if it gets surged I'm not screwed Razz

As a side note, here is a link to Mi1000's Flickr. It has some pictures of us doing the rounds at the challenge on Saturday. http://www.flickr.com/photos/51971087@N04/

I'm in pictures, 012, 008, 016, and 026.
Enjoy Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:06 am
Lysithea
Unfettered

Summary of the latest blog post:
* The nice photos Chaziboy linked to above
* A new heist simulator (Hungary Villa)
* Training video #3

Anna wrote:
Planning ahead

13 July 2010
Well done to everyone who tracked down the lost forgery on Saturday, including Agents Chaziboy (x2), Agent Chelec, Agent Lex and Agent Stevens. A fantastic effort. Thank you for making all of us look good. (There are photos here.)

So now we have everything we need to plan our break-in at Petrarkovís villa. The Intelligence Service have given us the blueprints, and Iíve put together a new heist simulator. Start playing it now, and see if you and your friends can find the quickest route for Lewis to take. Thereís a very handy new toy for you to use in the simulator too.

Get in. Get out. Donít get noticed.

Meanwhile, Joe has been analysing the plans and has come up with some more exercises for Lewis (and you). Watch his training video and work out alongside Lewis. Itís all about the jumping.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Lysithea wrote:
* Training video #3

Anna wrote:
Planning ahead

13 July 2010
Well done to everyone who tracked down the lost forgery on Saturday, including Agents Chaziboy (x2), Agent Chelec, Agent Lex and Agent Stevens. A fantastic effort. Thank you for making all of us look good. (There are photos here.)

So now we have everything we need to plan our break-in at Petrarkovís villa. The Intelligence Service have given us the blueprints, and Iíve put together a new heist simulator. Start playing it now, and see if you and your friends can find the quickest route for Lewis to take. Thereís a very handy new toy for you to use in the simulator too.

Meanwhile, Joe has been analysing the plans and has come up with some more exercises for Lewis (and you). Watch his training video and work out alongside Lewis. Itís all about the jumping.

Thanks for posting up the stuff from the blog.

I've been doing a walkthrough of Secret Life since Episode 1 and I posted a new video up yesterday.

If anyone wants to take a look it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKMD4UVHwSU

It also shows how to get through the Heist Simulator. Skip to 3:40 to see that Wink Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 am
Chaziboy
Boot

Lysithea wrote:
* Training video #3

Anna wrote:
Planning ahead

13 July 2010

Grrrr, forgot to log in again. Hate the guest feature.

Thanks for posting up the stuff from the blog.

I've been doing a walkthrough of Secret Life since Episode 1 and I posted a new video up yesterday.

If anyone wants to take a look it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKMD4UVHwSU

It also shows how to get through the Heist Simulator. Skip to 3:40 to see that Smile Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 am
Lysithea
Unfettered

I beat your 3:47 time by a few seconds.
I agree it would be a shame to spoil the toy surprise. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:50 am
Page 16 of 22 [330 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: