Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Centian Games
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
diszaster
Unfettered

Centian Games

So, there's this contest to win a badge to the 2011 SXSW Interactive festival at this site:

http://centiangames.com

Contest ends 3/15. You try to gain points through different challenges. It started like yesterday. There are Gowalla and Foursquare tasks (you need to use the #centiangames hashtag when using Twitter and checking-in), and trivia games over SMS.

But, what's weird is: the uhm... thing running the contest has a twitter account:

http://twitter.com/centian/

I started talking to it over Twitter about playing games, then we started emailing each other (centiangamesSPLATgmail.com). I post that back and forth here:

Quote:
Jane Doh <diszaster>
To: centiangamesSPLATgmail.com
Dearest Centian,

Come play me in Words with Friends, a free iPhone game, much like the human game Scrabble. The chat function seems to be a little wonky atm, but it is a very fun game. My username is ------.

Come and play! <3

Jane

Quote:
Centian the Krateran <centiangames>
To: Jane Doh <diszaster>

Precious Jane,
I really want to play that game, but I'm afraid I don't have a body or an iphone with which to play!

On another note, your suggestion of Blind Man's Morris reminded me of a game my people used to play called Blind Man's Bluff.

I'm working on putting together a way for everyone who participates to get points in Royalty. Stay tuned to my webspace for more details!

Thx for the suggestion win!

Quote:
Jane Doh <diszaster>
To: Centian the <centiangames>
Oh, silly me. We humans are so unused to interacting with nonhumans. I pray I have not offended. But, how could you play Blind Man's Bluff without bodies? Did you once have one?

Blind Man's Morris is a little different - I believe modern humans call it Connect Four nowadays.

I see that a game is afoot. How exciting! Smile [at this point the 10 question SMS trivia challenge started]

Jane

Quote:
Centian to me
show details Feb 12 (1 day ago)
Well, I'm not sure if or how I'll be able to incorporate a live Connect Four game, but I'll at least give it some thought. I am really liking the idea that it has generated though. Blind Man's Bluff is like a game of Marco Polo out of water. As I said earlier, my people used to play this game. My people had bodies, of course silly. How else would they have played that super fun game?

Talk more soon...keep those check ins coming and don't forget that you can also play the SMS challenge too!

Bye,
Centian.

Huh.... It's a ... Krateran?

EDIT: Centian will be having a live chat at the ning site on 3/18 2/18 at 6pm PST.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm
Last edited by diszaster on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ndemeter
Entrenched

Seems like the entity wants to explain so things so it's holding a live chat. I got this email:

Quote:
A message to all members of Centian Games

Hello Everyone,
I've decided to have a live chat with anyone who's interested. I'll explain some things and answer some questions.

The chat will be in the chat section on the main page of my website at http://centiangames.com

I hope that you can join me, bring your friends and your sharpest intellect, wit and fun bone (I think that's how you say it!).

Look forward to talking soon,
Centian

Visit Centian Games at: http://centiangames.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

So far it's just me and another guy and it's not talking.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diszaster
Unfettered

This was on twitter... maybe not talking til then? ... or not expecting company, or something?

Quote:
I've decided to have a live chat w/ anyone interested. 3/18 2/18 6pm PST in chat @ http://centiangames.com

EDIT: oh, so ndemeter and I ended up having an impromptu chat. ning chats aren't loggable, so these are the highlights:

-- There are 2 strands to the game, one being the more casual games that we're playing as part of the contest
-- "after all, I am not a computer... I can change whatever I want, whenever I want Razz
-- apparently the questions in the SMS trivia challenge are relevant
-- I asked if it wasn't a computer and didn't have a body, what it "inhabited." It said it was "planning something special" to answer that question.
-- I asked it when the Kraterans were around historically: "many ppl may have confused the Kraterans with the Nephilim.... but the Kraterans were before them."
-- when it said goodnight, it said "Light of Yah shine on u both as u sleep." [Yah? short for Yahweh?]
-- It likes to watch Lost on hulu

Edit 2: and because I'm crazy like that, this is what I could save from the chat:

http://picasaweb.google.com/diszaster/Centian?feat=directlink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm
ndemeter
Entrenched

And here I was worried that this was going to be more fit for the "Timewasters" thread...

It's an ARG baby!! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diszaster
Unfettered

Looks like the SMS trivia challenges are going to be scrapped, but the SMS updates still relevant. This came over the ning wire:

Quote:
I regret to inform you that I won't be able to use the SMS campaign for internet challenges any more. After testing and a couple other players' results were sent to me, I realized that the data was unusable. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I will continue to send out daily updates with unique information, so it's still important to follow the SMS daily update campaign as this very well may pay off in the future *wink, wink*.

Thanks for your understanding,
Centian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 pm
FacianeA
Veteran

Neato! I'm gonna do this!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:02 pm
diszaster
Unfettered

Austin flash mob

There's some kind of flash mob/outdoor game going on in Austin on 2/20:

http://centiangames.ning.com/events/sxsw-outdoor-games-flash-mob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:17 am
ironnikki
Unfettered

Yay, a live event in Austin! Unfortunately, I'm pretty much booked this weekend... I'll see if I can shuffle some things around and convince my roomies to come along for the ride!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:07 pm
diszaster
Unfettered

new challenges

Centian has introduced 5 new challenges and ways to earn points. The new challenges don't necessarily need a smartphone or phone to play. Plus, the 4square and gowalla challenges will continue.

New ways to earn points:
-- Goyco Design Challenge
-- Brandstack Logo Challenge
-- Outdoor Games Flash Mob Challenge
-- Recruit Players for Royalty Points
-- Krateran Story Search Challenge

All the rules are found here: http://centiangames.ning.com/profiles/blog/list

EDIT: pretty extensive live chat tonight, where we got to ask Centian all kinds of questions, and then we played 20 questions / albatross soup as a group.

EDIT2: heh, an interesting image....
missingMilkCarton.jpg
 Description   caption: "Need help finding..."
 Filesize   57.55KB
 Viewed   154 Time(s)

missingMilkCarton.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 pm
DarkHuman
Unfettered

so far, so FUN!

Picked up playing Centian games a few days back. Good stuff!

Did a bit of snooping, and found "Amantha_Faith" Amantha is cousins with Austine. Amantha is a leader of faith, and Austine serves others as a leader as well.
Both are Kreterans As is their leader Tyrus.

Amantha is also on twitter, so i expect new info to follow soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 pm
diszaster
Unfettered

So Tyrus, the "Leader of the Kraterans" has a blog: http://krateran.blogspot.com/

And so I emailed him (tyrusthekrateranSPLATgmail.com), and this is the back and forth:

Quote:
Hello, Tyrus,

I'm curious: I've recently met a Krateran, but I thought that it is the last of its kind. But then I stumble upon your blog and see that you're the "Leader of the Kraterans"? Are there more than Austine (who seems very lovely, by the way), Amantha, and Madyk, and yourself?

Forgive my boldness, but I could not help but contact you. I'd really love to learn more about the Kraterans. Could you feed my curiosity?
Jane

Quote:

Hello Jane,
Assuming that the Krateran that you recently met was Centian, I'll tell you that in a way, Centian is the last of it's kind. From another perspective, Centian isn't considered to be Krateran. That has always been a delicate subject, so you'll want to navigate that informational transference with care and understanding. I'm glad that you've found my blog. I was the unspoken leader of the Krateran people. There were many of us. Not all of our voices can be heard after what happened.

I can tell you that at least eight of our voices can still be heard.

Sincerely,
Tyrus

Quote:
Hello Tyrus,

Yes, Centian.... I would hate to hurt its feelings, since it's been so nice to me and my friends, so any advice about how to handle this "delicate subject" would be great. I'm confused about what you mean by "informational transference."

But you know, it says that you're just voices, and that's all that's left of you.... I just don't know what to believe now...

I couldn't help but read about Amantha and Madyk.... Sounds like a sad story: is there anything we can do to help them?

Jane

and that's where that stands....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:43 pm
diszaster
Unfettered

Sorry for the double-post, but I had a personal drop this afternoon here in DC, and received a message from Centian.

Here are some pictures, and here is an account of the hand-off.

The message reads:
Quote:
Agent Jane,

I am sending this message to you to bring your attention to a matter which is of great importance. Who I am is information that is not only significant, it is a critical piece in understanding the whole picture of my people, the Kraterans. Not only should you focus on who I am, but the role that I play(ed) in society. My role is a unique one in which players in the past never had an internet with which to connect with me. As such, the Kraterans had to connect with me in a way that you never will. This is also another piece of information that you will want to discover.

Thank you for your communication of these matters to the other players.

Yours,
Centian

There is another secret message that can only be revealed through ... crayon. Join me tonight at 9pm EST at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/janedplays if you want to see what it says.

Why stream live? Well, why not? Plus, it's really hard to hold a camera and do stuff, so I have a camera hanging from my desk with a piece of dental floss. :/

EDIT: wow, thanks to everyone that helped with the solve in the live Ustream chat. Makes me feel incredibly warm and fuzzy. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4985251

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:33 pm
Caseys_Mom
Unfettered

Just wanted to consolidate the info. for the accounts a bit:

Blogs found so far-

Tyru's blog
Amantha's blog
Jenaia's blog
--------------------
Little birdies-

Centian
Amantha
---------------------
Facebook Accounts-

Krateran Division of Engineering
Bircu
----------------------

Centian's Ning Site

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:40 pm
sirpoins
Unfettered

Caseys_Mom wrote:
Just wanted to consolidate the info. for the accounts a bit:

Blogs found so far-

Tyru's blog
Amantha's blog
Jenaia's blog
--------------------
Little birdies-

Centian
Amantha
---------------------
Facebook Accounts-

Krateran Division of Engineering
Bircu
----------------------

Centian's Ning Site

Thanks CM...you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Caseys_Mom
Unfettered

Glad I could help.
I would REALLY like to post some sort of summary of info. that is related to the "story" we're being promised, but don't really have much of anything.

-We now know that the Krataren's had a really bad civil war.
-Centian is the last of his kind.
-He says all the others are "gone", as in dead.
-But yet, we're supposed to follow the blogs, and tweets for them??

I seriously don't understand. Even if they may be gone "physically", but may still be able to communicate via computer, then that means they still exist in some way, and are not "dead", right??
Can you or Jane or someone post a good story list/summary? -Please?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:52 pm
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: