Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Mon May 22, 2017 9:19 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] Love Letters to the Future
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 5 of 6 [82 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Sal

Location, Location, Location

So, because I don't live anywhere near any of these places, and my one Irish friend doesn't know anyone in Cork (or doesn't know anyone well enough to ask them to visit some random place). I've decided to be helpful by making a list of the places with their numbers (based on the last page) and make a call to the greater unfiction community to find out what is at these places:

Amsterdam, 4
52 22' 20.64" N 4 52' 33.54" E

Copenhagen, 6
55 39' 41.73" N 12 33' 59.23" E

Stockholm, 1 (maybe swish or H2O Hexagon, a commenter on the blog, will go here?)
5919'6.98" N 18 4'25.59" E

Mumbai, 3
19 1' 43.14" N 72 50' 48.48" E

Hong Kong, 2
22 16' 59.40" N 114 9' 10.32" E

Washington DC, 5
38 55' 14.163" N 77 2' 29.9832" W

Buenos Aires, 1
34 36' 23.7492" S 58 27' 41.5254" W

Verl (Germany), 2 **After googling 'Firkin Crane, I learned that it is in Cork, Ireland-- so I think there may have been a W/E mistake.
51 54' 9.99" N, 8 28' 34.73" E
--OR--
Cork, Ireland, 2
51 54' 9.99" N, 8 28' 34.73" W

Toronto, 3
+43 39' 13.90", -79 24' 6.34"

Kinderdijk, Netherlands, 6 (Andriod?)
5153′N 438′E

Beijing, 6 (Android?)
39 52′ 56.07″ N 116 24′ 23.29″ E

Cankurtaran, Turkey, 4 (Andriod?)
41 0' 27.95" N 28 58' 42.68" E

Sao Paulo, 4 (Android?-- Maybe Tio can go, mobile depending?)
23 35′ 5.01″ S 46 39′ 17.1″ W

Hope this helps get someone out there . . .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
swish
Boot

Re: Location, Location, Location

Quote:
Stockholm, 1 (maybe swish or H2O Hexagon, a commenter on the blog, will go here?)
5919'6.98" N 18 4'25.59" E

Hope this helps get someone out there . .

Stellar initiative Sal!
Sorry for confusing ya'll; swish=H2Ohexagon. Am I getting this right, I really don't need to buy the fancy phone to pick up the clue in Stockholm?

Btw, good to be working with you again funny uncle (Tio) Very Happy

Sad But wait a minute... If Maya has friends in our time that are passing her messages along, how about those guys witht the scary one-eyed staple of pyramids people? The cameras everywhere ppl? Are they going to identify me, and torture my great grandchildren for me doing this or something? Should I disguise myself ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 pm
meganb
Greenhorn

Toronto, 3

This is sooooo exciting!!!
I'm in Toronto so I can go check this place out.
I can go in an hour or so. Do I need to take anything with me?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm
swish
Boot

meganb wrote:
Toronto, 3

This is sooooo exciting!!!
I'm in Toronto so I can go check this place out.
I can go in an hour or so. Do I need to take anything with me?

Very Happy Stellar!! I don't know, but I'm dying to hear about how it turns out. So I will know what to expect... Smile

I have to hit the sack now but I'm sure to look in here before we leave for Stockholm in the morning... Maybe like, I dunno, 10-12 hours from now. Then the drive there will take at least a couple of hours... And then? Shocked Who knows! Maybe adventure, but anyhow a trip to the science fiction bookstore to look for Yule gifts.

Good Luck! Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

hey so wait, what's going on there?! Anything at a particular time/date? Or, right now? I can go, I can go! Very Happy

ETA:
Hm. If it's just looking for a symbol, it might not be worth the $35 for the round trip if others are already quite local Confused Anyhow, Toronto's clue: "In the park with the Belle View." The coordinates at a corner of the Belleview Square, which of course has a park. So whoever goes would be looking for the symbol in the park.

Each coordinate has a clue to the symbol's location.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:08 pm
meganb
Greenhorn

Toronto

thebruce wrote:
hey so wait, what's going on there?! Anything at a particular time/date? Or, right now? I can go, I can go! Very Happy

ETA:
Hm. If it's just looking for a symbol, it might not be worth the $35 for the round trip if others are already quite local Confused Anyhow, Toronto's clue: "In the park with the Belle View." The coordinates at a corner of the Belleview Square, which of course has a park. So whoever goes would be looking for the symbol in the park.

Each coordinate has a clue to the symbol's location.

It was in Kensington Market - @ the Bellevue Square Park. I went in the park but couldn't find anything, checked everywhere then my dog pulled us on the curb, he's a big dog Smile Bingo! That's where the symbol was. I am attaching a photo I took with my iPhone.

I called the number that was with the symbol and there was a recoding by this girl, it sounded like a weird message that kept looping. The number is 905-248-3006. This was the message:

"(*static sound*)When I was small my grandmother would wrap me in a warm (*static sound*) when I was cold. She would tell me stories about how snow used to cover the earth like a heavy down filled (*static sound*). That no longer happens not since I've been alive. But I still trace the quilt and the hem of that same (*static sound*). Every morning when I make my bed...What have I missed? What have I missed?"

This kept on looping. Obviously her grandmother wrapped her in a special cloth or something. So what do we do now?

Has anyone else found anything yet. Excited to know what happens in Stockholm!!! Save driving guys Smile
photo.jpg
 Description   This is what I saw!!!
 Filesize   169.37KB
 Viewed   458 Time(s)

photo.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 pm
pancito
I Have No Life

Ummmm... Blanket?

No love for Honolulu, of course, even though rising sea levels will have a devastating effect on many Pacific nations. "Some villagers in the Pacific island nation of Kiribati [say Ki-ri-bas] already have been forced from their homes by rising sea levels, and officials warn that relocation could spark conflict due to traditional land rights." Link.

TWINKIE!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:04 am
Sal

Great work MeganB!

So, I tried entering and searching for: blanket, blanket6, 6blanket, six blanket, etc. and got nothing.

So I'm thinking we either need to get all of the 'solutions' from all of the pages and type them in in order, or enter them in order one at a time, or enter both sixes together, fives together, etc. ?

I found out that I have a friend of a friend in DC, so I'll try to get her on board.

Anyone else have leads on the other locations?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:44 am
swish
Boot

Stockholm clue = Table. It's all I have time to explain right now, but later I'll send a transcript and a picture.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:21 pm
phomaster
Decorated

TABLE = Video unlocked!

1/6 unlocked!!!

looks like some crazy cloverfield shakey camera disaster scene from the video corner

keep looking for the others great job everyone!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:46 pm
Sal

Good news-- my friend-of-a-friend in Washington DC came through.

There was a red mark with a phone number similar to the one in Meganb's photo. The phone number was 202-315-3396

Maya's message says:
"When I was small, my grandmother would tell me about when she sat at the window watching the grey STATIC and especially the red STATIC steal seeds from the birdfeeder. She loved the STATIC big bushy tails and the way that the STATIC would leap nimbly from branch to branch as they stole acorns and seeds from one another. What have I missed? What have I missed?"

So I'm guessing squirrel or squirrels? Like the 'blanket' answer from Toronto, this one didn't do anything when you put it in the white search or in the black unlock box.

So, if 'table' unlocked the first 1/6th, it sounds like we only need one location for each number? Yes? And we need to enter them in order (as per the last page)?

If that's true here's what we have/need:

1. Stockholm = TABLE (unlocked) [Buenos Aires =? maybe doesn't matter?]
2. Hong Kong / Verl --or-- Cork = ?
3. Toronto = BLANKET [Mumbai =? maybe doesn't matter?]
4. Amsterdam / Cankurtaran (Turkey) / Sao Paulo = ?
5. Washington DC = SQUIRREL/SQUIRRELS
6 Copenhagen / Beijing / Kinderdijk (Netherlands) = ?

Anyone else have ideas about how to get these?
[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 am
kenny

Cork
Driving to Cork

I'm driving to Cork today. I can help, let me know what you need me to do in the next few hours - after that I don't have access to internet...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 am
Sal

Re: Cork

Kenny,

If you want to help us out, it would be great if you could stop by the Firkin Crane in Cork (look at my earlier post that has a link to the google maps spot). You are (most likely) looking for a Chinese character-looking mark with a phone number.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 pm
kenny

Re: Cork

Sal wrote:
Kenny,

If you want to help us out, it would be great if you could stop by the Firkin Crane in Cork (look at my earlier post that has a link to the google maps spot). You are (most likely) looking for a Chinese character-looking mark with a phone number.

Thanks!

Sorry, change of plans - can't go to Cork...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:38 pm
joshjosh
Kilroy

Kinderdijk
Found it!!!

Hello everyone,
Didn't know so many people are doing this. I just found this site and made an account. Today was amazing!!! We drove to the coordinates for Kinderdijk mentioned on the loveletterstothefuture.com website, it's a nice area with windmills.

Marisa, my wife had already installed the Layer app, just in case, as it says in the clue. Thank God she did because we needed it. She found the symbol, we clicked and got this message:

"When I was small, my grandmother would whisper rhymes in my ear as I fell asleep. I forget how it ended, but one of them started this way - Sometimes I am a greeting when planted on a cheek.
Although some men refrain from this so they are not perceived as weak.
I am a symbol of romantic love, but also of friendship deep
In some fairy tales only I can awake the heroine when she is asleep.
When thinking of a sweetheart, I am difficult to dismiss.
When things are very close together, they are often said to..."

Also, a photo I took.

We think the the word is "kiss". Does it make sense? It doesn't do anything when we enter on the website??????
IMG_5070.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   1.18MB
 Viewed   463 Time(s)

IMG_5070.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:00 pm
Page 5 of 6 [82 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: