Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri May 26, 2017 12:45 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
NEW TOP SECRET JJ ABRAMS PROJECT IN THE WORKS!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 22 [318 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 20, 21, 22  Next
geezyj
Unfettered

NEW TOP SECRET JJ ABRAMS PROJECT IN THE WORKS!!!
IS THIS OUR CLOVERFIELD 2?!?!?!

and its codenamed "500 RADS"
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/11/04/jj-abrams-next-new-super-top-secret-project-500-rads/

and I think a viral has already been found
http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA441553

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:10 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Chrizzy
Unfettered

The "viral" site is actually just one of thousands of reports accessioned by the Defense Technical Information Center, which is a very legitimate agency of the US Defense Department. Unless JJ has been planning this and got the DoD to go along with his plans of making up the DTIC since 22 years before he was born.

The movie, 500 Rads, on the other hand, sounds interesting. We can always hope.
Also, I'm still wondering what's happened to JJ's mysterious earthquake movie...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:27 pm
DougBThree
Decorated

FWIW, www.500rads.com has been registered by Paramount, but the site is not active yet.

I'm not sure how this might tie in with Cloverfield. 500 rads refers to a dosing level of radioactivity. I guess they were unleashing nukes on Mr. Grumpypants at the end of the movie, so there would be some radiation floating around. Maybe Rob and Beth both absorbed 500 rads in the attack?

Ladies and gentlemen, start your imaginations Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 am
astrofig
Decorated

DougBThree wrote:
FWIW, www.500rads.com has been registered by Paramount, but the site is not active yet.

I'm not sure how this might tie in with Cloverfield. 500 rads refers to a dosing level of radioactivity. I guess they were unleashing nukes on Mr. Grumpypants at the end of the movie, so there would be some radiation floating around. Maybe Rob and Beth both absorbed 500 rads in the attack?

Ohgod. They didn't kill it. They transformed it. Into a radioactive supermonster.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 am
Chrizzy
Unfettered

Which, to me, sounds Godzilla-esque. Anything's possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 am
Six
Unfettered

this > dark tower?? Fuck your face off, JJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:42 am
Saiyan King
Unfettered

Location: Orlando, The crappiest town in America, thanks to Disney

this may be a massive stretch. but with the title having to do with radiation, maybe this will show that clover is a mutation of something. remember the whale references in the slusho site? also JJ did say that it would be something that was in the cloverfield universe not necissary a sequal . also that code name for the project could be a red herring and this has nothing to do with radiation or anything of the sort. this is the best thing weve had in yrs now, so at least we can have fun with it just in case.

The funniest stories always end with "and thats the last time i ever did acid"

Im sorry, I can't loan you $20, Im saving it for Slenderman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:49 pm
geezyj
Unfettered

astrofig wrote:
DougBThree wrote:

Ohgod. They didn't kill it. They transformed it. Into a radioactive supermonster.

I just wet myself a little bit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:52 pm
clover890
Decorated

YAY!!!! Very Happy hopefully it has somthing to do with Cloverfield because I miss the ARG D:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:07 pm
Bristow
Kilroy

Remember Cloverfield was called "Cheese" when it was in production. If thats not a red herring, I don't know what is.

Anyway, I got bored, and I went through all the CF Viral I could find, including all the blogs, pictures, and videos. The blog "Aladygma Project", which explicity references Cloverfield, references Thomas Dahlem aswell, which leads me to believe that that blog is viral too, the last post being in October. The fact that JJ beats around the bush when asked about it, and that a site has been registered really confirmed (for me) that this is indeed happening.

And at the end of Cloverfield, cant you hear Rob saying "Beth" in the credits? I dont think JJ would use Rob and Beth in the sequel, but I remember reading somewhere that he had an idea to do the same event but with different characters or something, and when they are all on the Brooklyn Bridge, Hud films someone else with a camera.

As for my opinion on what the sequel will be about, I have no idea, because I have a feeling 500 Rads is a red herring.

Though when typing in 500 Rads in Google, that link is the first one... no #47 in it though, which makes me think it might not have anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:52 am
Chrizzy
Unfettered

Again, let me say, the "viral" site is actually just one of thousands of reports accessioned by the Defense Technical Information Center, which is a legitimate part of the US Department of Defense. Before even considering that "500 Rads" is probably a fake title, that site has nothing to do with this.

We would've come up with a lot of far-off theories on what Cloverfield was about if we had run with the "Cheese" title, so I'm kinda hesitant to go anywhere with "500 Rads".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:14 pm
geezyj
Unfettered

heres a little video I put together of the info we already have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n35IlYvL27s

Ill be making more as more info surfaces, so... shout-outs?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:11 pm
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

THE WHEELS BEGIN TURNING AGAIN!!! This has got to be it, I don't think after the success of Cloverfield (Which was made with 25 Million also) that they would just up and abandon it. The real question is Where is the Rabbithole? Props for the vid GeezyJ. I was trying to find out who registered 500rads, that is definetely a plus that the site is registered. Could the rabbit hole maybe premier with the new season of Lost. hmmmmm? Wouldn't it be sick to be watching lost then it breaks to a commercial, then we hear a very familiar beat... "Slusho! we got the flavor!" lol... so stoked though! We need to inform Mr. Dennis about this....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:21 pm
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

Oh and happy thanksgiving to all my fellow Cloverheads out there... Now that MGP has been nuked/torched lets stuff him and have a feast! But yo I get the feeding tubes! Now for parasite legs dipped in butter yum... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:23 pm
Chrizzy
Unfettered

Great video, geezyj. Summed up all we know so far quite well. Admittedly, we don't know much, but your video lays out what we do. And props for not mentioning the "viral" site Wink.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving! I'm in Canada, but I hope I still might be able to get in on that MGP feast. I'm pretty sure there's more than enough to go around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:37 pm
Page 1 of 22 [318 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 20, 21, 22  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: