Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:56 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Diversions » Social Interactions
Texas ARGonauts - Need Your Input
Moderators: Giskard
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
October
Unfettered

Texas ARGonauts - Need Your Input

Hello, all Texas folks! I'd like to request your help in a project for my web design class that I think could benefit all of us and be a lot of fun, too.

What I need: As a requirement for my web design class, I have to create a website for a real-world organization. What I would like to do is create a site where Texas ARGers can organize or find meet-ups, gather groups for games and events like "Cruel2BKind" or "SF0", find local people for collaborations, etc.

The Questions: Would any of you in Texas be interested in a Texas-specific resource site of this type? Can we name our Texas ARG community (I know there are lots of you out there)? Is there any objection to me creating a web resource for Texas ARGers?

I'd love it if my class project could benefit those of us in Texas who love to play games and are interested in interactive storytelling, pervasive games, whatever you want to call all the stuff that we do. Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas about this. If I don't get any input, I'll pick another project, because I don't feel comfortable creating something like this without the other Texas ARG folks weighing in on it.

Note: This project is not intended to replace any resource that already exists. My purpose in creating this site would be to provide a localized resource. I don't know about you, but I've only met a handful of people in Texas who play ARGs, and I'd love to meet more, maybe even have a local team to play games with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:35 pm
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
addlepated
Unfictologist

I think it's a good idea, but did you know there's a Texas ARG players Ning network? It looks like it's been pretty well abandoned, but it's here - http://argtex.ning.com/. Smile

If you've got the time and ability to make a site and keep it alive, I say do it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:17 pm
October
Unfettered

I think I may have seen the NING once but totally forgot about it.

Yay, I'm glad you approve! I'll wait and see if some other people weigh in; and even if I create the site and it dies, then I'll have learned that we don't need it.

P.S. - if anyone can help me think of a good name, I will pay you in brownies. I'm like Ford and McKay - I should not be allowed to name anything.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:45 pm
Yaslana
Boot

I'm totally for it! I'd love to see a site dedicated to Texas ARGers, and since I'm new and all, it'd be good to 'talk' with local-ish people about ARGing ^_^

I'm pretty bad at naming things... stuff usually gets a name in English then translated to some other language. It ends up moderately exotic sounding, but totally useless to express the real purpose of the thing being named ((characters not- included))
Loving: All Puzzles/Riddles!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:28 am
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Diversions » Social Interactions
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum