Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:19 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[INFO] The Wiki Thread
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 17 of 18 [267 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
ACID_pixel

I will do that...tomorrow. When I'm awake...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:16 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Katsatitagain
Decorated

EXCELLENT. DONT KNOW WHAT IMMA DO WITH IT, BUT ITS GOING SOMEPLACE.

btw…I'm going to need those privs Zarggg haha.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 pm
JAL13
Decorated

ACID_pixel wrote:
Katsatitagain wrote:
JAL: I'm liking your thinking!

What would you think about it being like paper, so the words are kinda looking chalky or w/e like from all the notes left by Hoody?

Update:

I'm hoping by the end of this semester (May) I'll have the skizzles to put at least "for now" new theme on. I'm currently master HTML and CSS basic coding. I actually enjoy it when I'm not rushed for time.

As of for now, character pages are my current priority, but I'm hoping people start getting involved. Sign up should be easier now to, just sign up for Wikidot, and then join the MarbleHornets wiki! There are also ones for other fan bases too!

Just a suggestion. A "glitchy" them would be cool with distorted background images and totheark crap splattered in hidden spaces. Quotes and bullsh*t. I don't know...I'm just spouting out words now...

EDIT: BOOM! SITE LOGO

Wow I absolutely love this logo!

Kat:

I would say that making it paper-like would be great. Maybe more like a report/typewriter style while the logo can be the deranged writing we usually see when people's psyche are usually depleting due to Slender.

Here's some ideas that can inspire: Taken from House of Leaves.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb329xCL381qebz2jo1_1280.png

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ukLELmsbL.jpg

I saw those things from House of Leaves and thought they were a cool thing to bring in. Not to mention, Marble Hornets is pretty much the found footage version of House of Leaves. Troy did state that he read this book as an inspiration. Maybe we can incorporate some styles from this as well.

Even better would be the DVD Menu from Season 2:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5184/mhs2dvdtitlmenu.png

Let's make the main wiki navigation similar to this while the rest can be written in a typewriter/paper format similar to that of a report.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 am
ACID_pixel

JAL13 wrote:
ACID_pixel wrote:
Katsatitagain wrote:
JAL: I'm liking your thinking!

What would you think about it being like paper, so the words are kinda looking chalky or w/e like from all the notes left by Hoody?

Update:

I'm hoping by the end of this semester (May) I'll have the skizzles to put at least "for now" new theme on. I'm currently master HTML and CSS basic coding. I actually enjoy it when I'm not rushed for time.

As of for now, character pages are my current priority, but I'm hoping people start getting involved. Sign up should be easier now to, just sign up for Wikidot, and then join the MarbleHornets wiki! There are also ones for other fan bases too!

Just a suggestion. A "glitchy" them would be cool with distorted background images and totheark crap splattered in hidden spaces. Quotes and bullsh*t. I don't know...I'm just spouting out words now...

EDIT: BOOM! SITE LOGO

Wow I absolutely love this logo!

Kat:

I would say that making it paper-like would be great. Maybe more like a report/typewriter style while the logo can be the deranged writing we usually see when people's psyche are usually depleting due to Slender.

Here's some ideas that can inspire: Taken from House of Leaves.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb329xCL381qebz2jo1_1280.png

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ukLELmsbL.jpg

I saw those things from House of Leaves and thought they were a cool thing to bring in. Not to mention, Marble Hornets is pretty much the found footage version of House of Leaves. Troy did state that he read this book as an inspiration. Maybe we can incorporate some styles from this as well.

Even better would be the DVD Menu from Season 2:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5184/mhs2dvdtitlmenu.png

Let's make the main wiki navigation similar to this while the rest can be written in a typewriter/paper format similar to that of a report.

I whole heartedly agree and I will reformat the logo. Smile

EDIT: Here's the transparent background one. I'm trying to make it "glitchy" and still keep the background transparent.

EDIT:EDIT: Here is the transparent background glitched one

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 am
Katsatitagain
Decorated

Okay what do you guys think. if I can figure it out, I think I'm going l put the glitched one on the home page when you first come into the wikidot., and then where it currently say Marble Hornets on the sidebar we'll put the none glitched one. I can't change any of this quite yet till I get privs to mess with theme and layout stuff, but I think this is going to look awesome!

Also, so far I'm trying to get the font. from the DVD menu as suggested.

The only issue even if we go with it though, is that i'll have to put a back up font since it won't be an imaged page, so some systems the type of font may not show up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:59 pm
JAL13
Decorated

ACID you have some great talent with making logos. I'd keep that up.

Katsatitagain wrote:
Okay what do you guys think. if I can figure it out, I think I'm going l put the glitched one on the home page when you first come into the wikidot., and then where it currently say Marble Hornets on the sidebar we'll put the none glitched one. I can't change any of this quite yet till I get privs to mess with theme and layout stuff, but I think this is going to look awesome!

Also, so far I'm trying to get the font. from the DVD menu as suggested.

The only issue even if we go with it though, is that i'll have to put a back up font since it won't be an imaged page, so some systems the type of font may not show up.

So far I think its a good idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see what it looks like before we say yes or no to anything haha. Whatever you do Kat I think it'll be good. I mean, we don't have to make it look exactly like the DVD menu, but maybe just another version of it to make things easier.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 pm
ACID_pixel

Thank you very much. I'd be very glad to help in any other design areas involving letters.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 am
ACID_pixel

Entry Page idea. This was made by me and drawn...

http://i.imgur.com/45sl0sB.png

EDIT: It's unfinished

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm
ACID_pixel

I feel alone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:23 pm
JAL13
Decorated

ACID_pixel wrote:
Entry Page idea. This was made by me and drawn...

http://i.imgur.com/45sl0sB.png

EDIT: It's unfinished

Sorry i've been busy the past couple days. Anyhow, I love the idea and the way the words look around the candle. But maybe instead of a candle we could put the words a different assortment of papers similar to how they look in the games, videos, etc. So it'll be like literally clicking on a file for someone, something, etc. What do you think?

Don't feel alone. I am friend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:19 am
ACID_pixel

If that's possible I think your idea is better

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:50 am
Katsatitagain
Decorated

No loneliness! ONLY HAPPINESS, right now I was able to insert the malfunctioning distorted marble hornets wikidot image on the page just so people can be impressed with us Very Happy. I have to write out a CSS doc in order to keep the layout similar and just change the look. which is going to take a while if I plan on matching what we have.

The whole candle thing is a good idea, but I don't think its very functional in hindsight. I'm not sure what is meant by the paper, but I think we both suggested the same idea! lol I've made a template wiki just to try things, so next free time I get I'll try it out. I don't really want to try things on the actual wiki in case I can't get it back!

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:56 pm
ACID_pixel

Katsatitagain wrote:
No loneliness! ONLY HAPPINESS, right now I was able to insert the malfunctioning distorted marble hornets wikidot image on the page just so people can be impressed with us Very Happy. I have to write out a CSS doc in order to keep the layout similar and just change the look. which is going to take a while if I plan on matching what we have.

The whole candle thing is a good idea, but I don't think its very functional in hindsight. I'm not sure what is meant by the paper, but I think we both suggested the same idea! lol I've made a template wiki just to try things, so next free time I get I'll try it out. I don't really want to try things on the actual wiki in case I can't get it back!

Thanks guys!

Good idea, I'm not sure how any of this paper or candle stuff is going to function. I was thinking you might click on the title of the Entry and it would take you to the page. If that's a stretch than how about keeping it similar to what the wiki has now but just adding pictures from the entries, to the Entries themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:38 pm
JAL13
Decorated

ACID_pixel wrote:
Katsatitagain wrote:

Thanks guys!

Good idea, I'm not sure how any of this paper or candle stuff is going to function. I was thinking you might click on the title of the Entry and it would take you to the page. If that's a stretch than how about keeping it similar to what the wiki has now but just adding pictures from the entries, to the Entries themselves.

I think you're right. Maybe I should start thinking more simply because with the way I was going about it was too much for just a wiki haha!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:17 am
Katsatitagain
Decorated

a new user keeps adding (cont.) on entries that continues on or is related from other entries. They all follow each other, so I'm not sure if I wanna get rid of it, or just let them do that. I guess it does make it more comprehensive.

Opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:36 pm
Page 17 of 18 [267 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: