Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:52 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[LOCKED] [TRAILHEAD] Marble Hornets
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 322 of 323 [4838 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 320, 321, 322, 323  Next
flailspound
Boot

Quote:
If anybody's interested, I'm in the chatzy room at the moment.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but if we could keep the aim related posts to the aim thread that would be much appreciated O'Callaghan. Cheers.

Quote:
I prefer to think it's recent because Jay and Tim weren't "gone" in 2006, but they're "gone" now (Jay having locked himself in his room, Tim being Masky)

Damn, that is a very convincing argument. I was of the opinion the tape was old, and I still really like that idea, the whole lost tape thing. If it's recent, it means it's not really a lost tape from the original batch, however it does make sense that Alex would say all those people are gone. If Alex said that three years ago, it wouldn't really make much sense unless some sort of memory alterage is involved (eg Jay had actually 'gone', maybe not died, but gone somewhere, abducted by SM perhaps, and doesn't remember now).

"Alterage", feel free to use it. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:48 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Six
Unfettered

Is OpenClear still around?

I have a lot of free time and am willing to go through this mess of a trailhead and make a table of contents, if they're still around to edit the first entry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:52 am
flailspound
Boot

Should throw OpenClear a private message. Or jamesi. I'd be down with getting this whole thing a bit more organised if you need help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 am
Gupfee
Site Admin

I can help with organization if someone can tell me what needs to be where. We can either split this thread, or lock it and start a new one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 am
Droshi
Decorated

Hay, friends.

I just wanted to let you all know that me and a couple of friends who are equally into MH as I am will be going to some of the shooting locations sometime this week probably. I'm going to bring my camera and take some videos.

Now, before anyone flames me, we are not going to PM stalk or pull a blushoe77. I'm not going to cheapen the filming in any way, and I'm not going to try to "disprove" anything in fiction, haha.

I AM, however, open to questions or suggestions on things to try to find. Since blushoe77, in all his pompous glory, failed to do anything other than sabotage it.

That being said, anything I look for will be used to back up theories IN-GAME. This is not a geography lesson or a lame attempt to game jack. I am treating this as respectfully as possible. If I see anyone filming, which is highly unlikely due to the fact that the tower is said and done for now in the series, I will not interfere. We are just sightseeing, really.

So anyway, not that I got that out of the way, here are some things I am planning on doing.

- Climbing to the top of the tower to see if the "S" in the video is indeed there, and not just wood grain MAKING an S shape. I guess there is a possibility that the S's we see are based on that, but I would imagine that if it is there, it was drawn. Regardless, I will climb up there and film it with a steady hand for reference later.

- I will exit the tower in the same fashion that Jay did when he got the tape and film the treeline. If the dark figure on the horizon is still there, we can safely write off it being a Slenderman sighting. If I can't find anything there, that theory could have some merit to it.

- I will stand exactly where Jay stood in Entry 5 and see if there is a similar shape next to the tree that everyone thinks was Slendy. That one is a little iffy to me, but whatever it was seems to disappear mid-video, so this one I think could actually be a sighting.

Any other suggestions? Let me know and I'll try to film it. My camera films in 16:9 at a pretty good resolution (something like 868x480) and is pretty high in quality for a digital camera. No optical zoom, but aside from that it looks about on par with blushoe77's.

Here are the places we will be visiting:

- The silos at the beginning of "Introduction" (for shits and giggles, it's near the good stuff)
- The tower
- The "trail" leading to the tower in Entry 21 along with the hole
- The pavilion from Entry 9 (My uncle who hikes a lot pretty much confirmed where I thought it was)

And if I can convince my friends to extend the trip a little bit... I want to go to the poolhouse. If the door is still unlocked like it was a few weeks ago, I could confirm/close the theories that Entry 22 was filmed in there (although, if it was, it might not mean anything if they didn't intend for it to be the poolhouse in the storyline).

But mostly, I'm going to scope out things people noticed directly in the videos that could or could not be important to the story and try to get a better look at them.

I can't stress how sensitive I am treating this. I promise I won't jeopardize the game or anything. This is strictly for getting a better look at little things we are unsure about. So if you have any suggestions for things to film/photograph, let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 pm
Droshi
Decorated

Tweet tweet!

"Not sure why totheark has been so quiet. I may be on my own for a while."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm
Last edited by Droshi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Curiously High
Veteran

Gupfee wrote:
I can help with organization if someone can tell me what needs to be where. We can either split this thread, or lock it and start a new one.

Count my vote for new trailhead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:59 pm
Droshi
Decorated

Here is what I think we should do. In my experience it's worked pretty well.

Have a "Community Thread" where people can talk about anything (off-topic). It'll be the place where everyone chatters between Entries.

Then we could have a "Speculation Thread" which is miscellaneous MH talk about the future of the series or theories about how it is unfolding.

Then, the only other thing would be having an official thread for every Entry/TTA video for conversations specifically linked to each video.

I think if we had a thread for off-topic discussion amongst the MH community, it would clean things up around the boards and cut down on the spam/shit posts getting onto the main page.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Telos954
Entrenched

Droshi wrote:
Here is what I think we should do. In my experience it's worked pretty well.

Have a "Community Thread" where people can talk about anything (off-topic). It'll be the place where everyone chatters between Entries.

Then we could have a "Speculation Thread" which is miscellaneous MH talk about the future of the series or theories about how it is unfolding.

Then, the only other thing would be having an official thread for every Entry/TTA video for conversations specifically linked to each video.

I think if we had a thread for off-topic discussion amongst the MH community, it would clean things up around the boards and cut down on the spam/shit posts getting onto the main page.

This. ^

Also, in the main trailhead, the creator should be someone who's sticking around for a while and can edit, so like another poster suggested - there can be an updated table of contents. Links to each page with something important, ect.

The 'community thread' idea would be GREAT. No more asking for AIM names in the main discussion area = win, in my book.

Remember - organization and moderation keep things on track Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
madebz
Boot

Droshi wrote:
Tweet tweet!

Sorry about this speculation before you guys change your trails.

What if that tape J found was recent. Seth actually was TTA (as most suspected) and he is now gone. Alex left the town to get away from everyone to see if this stuff stops but it keeps haunting him. After Seth(TTA) is now gone and Alex goes in front of camera saying each cast member\ friend is gone. He may now need to find J to get rid of the tapes (burn them for good now). MM was the one who pointed J to this climbing wall and MM is the tie between TTA, Alex, and SM (whats really going on).

Sorry for such shwaty sentences but I am at work.

edit: (Another one) or Alex is MM trying to get the tapes from J without letting J know its him? (which this is unlikely)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Last edited by madebz on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Woobiehastelly
Decorated

madebz wrote:
Droshi wrote:
Tweet tweet!

Sorry about this speculation before you guys change your trails.

What if that tape J found was recent. Seth actually was TTA (as most suspected) and he is now gone. Alex left the town to get away from everyone one to see if this stuff stops but it keeps haunting him. After Seth(TTA) is now gone and Alex goes in front of camera saying each cast member\ friend is gone. He may now need to find J to get rid of the tapes (burn them for good now). MM was the one who pointed J to this climbing wall and MM is the tie between TTA, Alex, and SM (whats really going on).

Sorry for such shwaty sentences but I am at work.

I'm agreeing with this until we get another big update that actually fucking gives damn answers. Every day I tell myself "Any day now.....any day."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:32 pm
Renren
Unfettered

Droshi wrote:
Tweet tweet!

Am I the only one who found this tweet really oddly worded? Has Jay been considering that TTA is on his side this whole time and now feels....alone? Or abandoned?

Or maybe he just wants something verifying him, or giving him possible answers, letting him know that he's headed in the right direction.

Like in a video game where you can tell you're doing the right thing because the cinematic hits.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 pm
Droshi
Decorated

Renren wrote:
Droshi wrote:
Tweet tweet!

Am I the only one who found this tweet really oddly worded? Has Jay been considering that TTA is on his side this whole time and now feels....alone? Or abandoned?

Or maybe he just wants something verifying him, or giving him possible answers, letting him know that he's headed in the right direction.

Like in a video game where you can tell you're doing the right thing because the cinematic hits.

I think your second guess is the most probable. He might feel threatened by totheark, but TTA is also his only hope for making any progress mostly. Well, maybe Masky, but we don't know exactly what the hell he is doing or if he is totheark yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:55 pm
flailspound
Boot

I wonder if J is still filming himself? If he is, and watching back the tapes, Masky might show up again and give us some sort of lead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm
Slender freak
Unfettered

Renren wrote:
Droshi wrote:
Tweet tweet!

your video game theory sounds correct, i believe J was relying on TTA to guide him much like a Narrator guides you throughout the story of a book.

and if we dont hear anything by tomorrow.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:15 pm
Page 322 of 323 [4838 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 320, 321, 322, 323  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: