Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
"We're actually working on an idea right now..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 5 [67 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
lupinechaos
Decorated

hey there its been awhile i found this out on IMDB and i knew this was news over here so i was right.

anyway yeah i think JJ and crew might be shooting for a 2010 release

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Richie
Veteran

Ploy?

It is good news. It got me back on this board after MONTHS of not even checking it. The story could also be a ploy to build buzz on the Trek film because more Cloverfield fans (not that most wouldnt already) will be searching it, looking for clues in it, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 pm
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

The key in what Abrams has said was these 2 things:

...when you do a sequel, this film included, it can't be a business decision...

Sounds like they have pitched the idea to Paramount. and perhaps they are waiting on the Go Ahead and the $$$. Remember with the Trailer was planned to be filmed before the any of the movie was filmed.

...Which means there will be something connected to Cloverfield, but I hope it happens sooner rather than later...

Meaning whatever CLUE that is connected to Cloverfield (IE the new Rabbit Hole... like SLUSHO! and 1-18-08...) Is ready (The Idea is ready not the trailer.) and it just sounds like now theyre waiting for Paramount to approve it either before Star Trek or Abrams next film. They had better attach it to Star Trek. Let's see they released us the 1st trailer in Jul 07 and the ARG continued to Jan 08 lasting 7 months. So if they attach the Cloverfield 2 trailer maybe a Dec 09 release?! Put the sequel on during the holidays... What do you guys think? I'm excited for this...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:48 pm
sakai23
Decorated

Location: In an Impala, by the Lair, on an Island called Beacon Hills

IncidentCloverfield, you're getting my hopes up!!
WAAAH.
lawl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

I wonder if it will be in the form of a trailer... We've seen Tagruato in the SF skyline, we've heard JJ Abrams say SLUSHO! will make an appearance... What if the clue is in the movie? It could be a shirt it could be a street sign it could be a reference to the past. The reason I say this is my computer froze while i was watching the Star Trek trailer and it froze when Kirk is in a bar fight. He's fighting with a man or men who are of asian descent AND wearing RED suits... Tagruato workers anyone? hmmmmm.... Even if its brief it could provide us with a clue that will lead us on yet another ARG adventure... Just theorizing...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:21 pm
IncidentCloverfield
Decorated

If star trek takes place in like 2045 then that shows Tagruato is still in existence and functioning... And was successful in moving to the US...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:28 pm
Chrizzy
Unfettered

I bet the Asian guys in the red suits die...just guessing.

Maybe instead of NCC-1701-whatever, the ship will be DoD (7) 31-16-12.
I saw the trailer the other day, and saw that giant Clover-esque creature that was mentioned on here a while back. It brought back memories.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:35 pm
?Sander
Decorated

IncidentCloverfield wrote:
If star trek takes place in like 2045 then that shows Tagruato is still in existence and functioning... And was successful in moving to the US...

You're overthinking this Razz, Tagruato most likely failed after the Cloverfield events, seeing that Ganu Yoshida is one of the most wanted men on the world now (Blu Ray investigation mode).

stellacotton wrote:
I was actually coming here to post this article myself! Im so excited that the sequel is real! Razz

Hmm I don't think it's "real" yet but it's cool to hear this from JJ.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 pm
sp103
Unfettered

Well a Tagruato Logo placed in the Star Trek ad is intriguing because UNLESS you followed cloverfield on the viral or watched the Blu Ray mode, you have no idea who/what it is.

I thought Star Trek was in the Year 2450 or something right? Far more possible it could of re-grouped. Anyway I think the connection is minimal, just a sneak hello to us fans.

I'm glad they have an idea they feel strongly about to go forward, and I wouldn't get your hopes up for a trailer at Star Trek (May right?) but Possibly summertime/fall for a 1st quarter 2010 release.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 pm
?Sander
Decorated

Just a nod to the fans, like the Dharma logo in Cloverfield.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:21 pm
lazarusHART
Unfettered

?Sander wrote:
Just a nod to the fans, like the Dharma logo in Cloverfield.

Yeah, that was the whole reason for Tagruato's appearance in ST.

But, IMO, when the sequel comes by, Tagruato HAS to play heavily either in the movie, the ARE/ARG or both.
Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 pm
sp103
Unfettered

I agree they need to include the backstory, but just don't overdo it like the Matrix series did.
First Matrix: Easy premise. Matrix Two: Key makers, Architects. strange Merovingen references etc.. Too much.
Keep it simple.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 am
ndemeter
Entrenched

I hate what happened to the MAtrix. The first movie was awesome, fresh in terms of concept and even the acting. The second was more of "we got more money for more eye candy fighting scenes!" while the story was slowly starting to derail and the third movie was just...awful.

I'd hate to see that happen to Cloverfield.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tMan930
Unfettered

The problem with getting a new movie that's directly related to Cloverfield is that half the people who saw it who weren't us thought it was retarded.

What you're going to hear from a lot of places that aren't the internet will be variations on "What? The shakey movie where they never showed the monster? Why would they do another one of those?".

It's time for us to start spreading the awesomeness, so that Paramount will have a reason to want to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:35 pm
lazarusHART
Unfettered

tMan930 wrote:
The problem with getting a new movie that's directly related to Cloverfield is that half the people who saw it who weren't us thought it was retarded.

What you're going to hear from a lot of places that aren't the internet will be variations on "What? The shakey movie where they never showed the monster? Why would they do another one of those?".

It's time for us to start spreading the awesomeness, so that Paramount will have a reason to want to do it.

I'd like to see JJ & the Cloverfield marketing team step up the ARE/ARG to gain access to a bigger audience. And yes, they might have used MySpace for some of the game, but it was too unorganized.
Coffee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Page 2 of 5 [67 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: