Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed May 24, 2017 11:02 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Ice Shock - The Descendant - book promotion ARG
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
cabalagent23
Veteran

Ice Shock - The Descendant - book promotion ARG
for M.G. Harris' Joshua Files series

It looks like Ice Shock, the next book in the Joshua Files series by M. G. Harris, will have an ARG to support the book's release next year.

But don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

(changed the thread title per Psysops' recommendation. Hope this helps! - krystyn)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
rose
...and then Magic happens

Quote:
That’s right, I said Alternate Reality Game - ARG! Conceptually, our game is a cross between Lonelygirl15 and The Beast.

well that should be something to see. Both of those games were a little mature in subject matter for readers age 10+ . But, I think books make a great base for an ARG.

Mankind was my business, the common good was my business.~ Dickens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:59 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

MG is keeping an eye on us.
Quote:
And I see that this post has been picked up by the unfiction crowd…
(see http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27038&sid=2a445e43546978d3fae9f52d62636fe2)

Hello fellas. Keep watching here for more rumors of the game. FYI it is conceptually similar to Lonelygirl15 and The Beast only in that it’s a murder mystery spread over various websites in conjunction with a teen girl’s vlog.

The story is set in the world of Joshua Files BUT is actually based on a whole unpublished ms - a technothriller that I wrote the year before. And in fact my first proper stab at a novel. So there’s gritty content; murder, conspiracy, secret global organisations etc - but not as grimly ‘adult’ as those other two games. And by telling the story from the POV of a teen girl - who becomes involved when she tries to investigate her father’s murder - we keep it more child-focused.

Murder, conspiracy, secret global organizations? I'm in Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
sakai23
Decorated

Location: In an Impala, by the Lair, on an Island called Beacon Hills

Very Happy Can't Wait. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Psysop
Decorated

My sig says it all. Start waiting for this now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:48 pm
Last edited by Psysop on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
 ICQ Number 
FSURobbie

Interesting, sounds fun...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:48 am
Psysop
Decorated

Took this ETA from my thread above and put it
down here to bump the post.

launch is around March 2nd I think. Anywho, I scoped this out again yesterday. Found this official MG Harris fan site for the Joshua Files: http://www.themgharris.com/
That links to this page for the ARG called "The Descendant": http://www.themgharris.com/Descendant

Watching the exclusive ARG vid, got this: http://archaeologyconspiracies.com/
Whois states, Created: 2008-08-18. 1st listing on Reverse-IP states this (created the same day): http://agylihrppreikgr.com/
-That last site is also seen in the vid & I had a talk with the bot "Hans Runig" there. Eventually the bot runs an IP trace and shuts down Wink
Almost forgot: The "Gabi" I'm referring to in the convo is IGC "Gabi Beltran". Heres her blog: http://beltrangabi.blogspot.com/

Also heres some youtube action: http://www.youtube.com/user/mgharrisauthor

Me (>>>) to Hans Runig chatbot wrote:
>>>Xochimilco
The clock is ticking.
>>> who are you
If you are here you probably know that already. I am Hans Runig. I'm guessing from my IP trace that you aren't Jackson Bennett.
>>> Where is Bennett?
Never you mind. He's running an errand.
>>> An errand for you?
Don't attempt to play smart with me.
>>> Hans, who killed pj?
How much do you think you know? Dr. Beltran was playing with fire, shall we say "no longer playing cooperatively", threatening business interests.
>>> where is Gabi?
What do you mean?
>>> Gabi Beltran.
Some things I won't answer.
>>> OK, why did you kill Dr. Beltran?
Dr. Beltran's reliability, his uniqueness to my enterprise, had come to an end.

ETA:
Also, the BOT CHAT page I mentioned above has weird writing/symbols on it. I think those symbols are Sumerian Cuneiform Writing. - I haven't attempted to decipher it though Confused but heres some refs for it. Of note is the second link as I think it could be a match (sumerian 3d font):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuneiform_script
http://www.peust.de/sumerian.html

ETA2:
Joshua's Blog: http://joshuafiles.blogspot.com/
Note: The comments on all posts are by user: TopShopPrincess
According to THIS WIKI she is "sixteen year old UFO conspiracist Ollie" from book 1.

Note: On THIS POST on Johua's blog:
The Johua Files post wrote:
1. Dad told Mum and me that he was going to Cancuen, in Guatamela...So…why was Dad’s plane found hundreds of miles from where he’d rented it and hundreds of miles from Cancuen?
Then on the NEXT POST he wrote:
Aeromexico Pilot Films UFO's in Campeche!-post wrote:
Aeromexico Flight 231 filmed six unidentified flying objects in the skies over southern Campeche state

So basically if his dads plane went down in Campeche, this makes sense because the ancient Mayan city of Calakmul is in CAMPECHE (about 30 km from the Guatemalan border). Then at the end of his most recent BLOG POST he says:
Leaf Storm post wrote:
But then, without warning his eyes snap open. And he looks me dead in the eye, says something that sounds like “Summon the Bakabix”.

[SPEC] I think it may be "summon the Book of Ix". I base this on THIS ARTICLE from an ingame site which states (Btw, "Yuknoom Che’en" was a known ruler of Calakmul):
Epigrapher friend wrote:
The Book of Ix was brought to Yuknoom Che’en. Many died, much pain. It was hidden, the forbidden text of Ix.
- Scratch "book of Ix". I now think its "Summon the Bakab Ix". In Mayan mythology The Bakabs are basically "-the four sons of the ‘Earth Monster’ Itzamna - were believed to support the four corners of the universe. Hence the Bakabs of Muluc, Kan, Cauac, and Ix."
Refs:
Bakab1: Scroll down to the text above the Mayan codex pic
Bakab2

- Ok I got bored and gave the transliteration a shot. Also: I looked into what the translit words may mean and came up with the following (don't know if it means anything or if its gibberish though):
KI = goddess personifying earth; counterpart of Akkadian Aruru. Associated to NIN.URSAG / NINHURSAG (which seems to explain "KI NINURSAG" on the chatbot page). & I just noticed that "Hans Runig" anagrams to NINHURSAG Wink
NIN = Lady.
UR = is modern Tell el-Mukayyar, Iraq, and was a city in ancient Sumer
SAG = sumerian for "Head"
LUGAL = Sumerian for "leader"
ZU = sumerian noun has 1 sense: evil storm god represented as a black bird
AN = a sky god, was the oldest of the Sumerian gods and is called Anu by the Akkadians (also means Heaven)
UN = people
NU = I have no clue Confused but NUNU in Akkadian means "Fish" / "The Fish" (constellation: Piscis Austrinus)

Also: I promise Ill stop after this. After the chatbot traces & kicks you, the screen has these characters, and I think we all know what the Anunnaki are/were. As a phrase anunnaki can also mean "those who came from Heaven and Earth" -so in this context maybe: Leader of Heaven and Earth

Sumerian_screencap.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   50.13KB
 Viewed   2081 Time(s)

Sumerian_screencap.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 pm
 ICQ Number 
Psysop
Decorated

Authors Twitter

OK so I was just scanning the AUTHORS TWEETS and found this from Feb-7th:
MGHarris twitter wrote:
Yikes, a clever ARG-er at unfiction managed to glimpse some stuff on the ARG before we fully closed down the beta run. All clamped down now!9:19 AM Feb 7th from web

OK I'm not posting this to be a smarty pants. My other thread was getting out of control and I wanted to note that if anyone is attempting to chat with the bot, you will probably only get 2-3 generic responses because I think the admin probably removed the response libraries (shut down the beta) until the real launch. - So you probably wont get any banter on that page until March 2nd.

She also posted this most recent tweet. The link points to a vid that is stated already though:
MGHarris twitter wrote:
The Joshua Files Alternate Reality Game is underway... LINK
about 11 hours ago from tr.im

ETA:
I was looking at MG's BLOG (the key) and figured out what the font translates to (posted font key below). Probably gonna need this at some point Wink.
Note: Ek Naab (mayan)=black water. On MG's latest YOUTUBE, the "more" text states:
Ice Shock video - more text wrote:
he must journey to the secret Mexican city of Ek Naab
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
[SPEC]: I think "Invisible City" and "Ek Naab" are going to turn out to be the same place

Also: GABI's BLOG has been updated with 3 video entries. Haven't watched them yet, but noticed that Gabi (the actress or whatever) could be the same girl at a book signing from book 1 last year. Look at THIS PIC on the authors flicker. Same girl (I think), has very similar profile to the Author and her voice on the vids sounds very similar as well. [SPEC]: I think she is the Authors daughter, or at least related to her...

ETA2:
MG's Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=260456263

Note on the following font: I took the original post off here and replaced it with what is below because I was wrong - the "N" was "Z" before, so the 2nd half of the font was shifted incorrectly (corrections are now in black text).
EkNaab-code2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   45.77KB
 Viewed   1884 Time(s)

EkNaab-code2.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:00 pm
 ICQ Number 
Psysop
Decorated

drop.io fileshare site added...

The admin of the DESCENDANT THREAD from the official fansite dumped this DROP.IO location lastnight. I attached the pdf below as well. The quick summary is as follows (cut from the above stated thread):
El International de Mexico (news paper) wrote:
Originally Posted by El International de Mexico - Summary
MEXICO CITY: Dr. Pedro Juan Beltran of the Temixco Biotech Institute was found dead last night in the cubicle of a bathroom in Mexico City International Airport.

Shot twice in the head, Dr Beltran died immediately of his injuries. "PJ was an energetic, brilliant scientist.”

A senior Government source told this paper that Beltran was being investigated for passing biological material illegally or 'vial-in-pocket', without declaring it at customs.

Was Beltran transferring hazardous material - which could have been used to create a biological weapon? Or was he smuggling genetically modified seeds worth millions to the crop industry?

Beltran is believed to have arranged to meet with another scientist at the airport. Mexican Federal police are believed to be searching for this unidentified man, who left the airport in a rented car.

"It is extremely unusual for one of our plant biotechnologists to find themselves at the heart of any international scientific intrigue," admitted Beltran's colleague, Professor Julia Duran.

So Gabi's dad got smoked in Mexico International Airport last night. I assume that Gabi's blog will reflect this pretty soon.

ETA:
So yeah Gabi's blog was just updated and she is understandably freaked out, crying and stuff... Crying or Very sad
Quirky side note: If you have an account at the official J-FILES/ARG PAGE, login and select the "START YOUR QUEST - THE DESCENDANT" link, it says "Ready for your quest? come back soon for your first mission!" with a pic of a pyramid. The pyramid is from the Calakmul ruins in Campeche state. Look at THIS REF as the pyramid is the exact same one (cross pyramid).

ETA2:
The Ruins of Becan are also close to Calakmul. Becan was the name given by archaeologists and is surrounded by a water mote. Becan (mayan)="ravine or canyon formed by water". And THIS WIKI says "the ancient name of the site is not known." - Based on that, the largest pyramid at Becan named Estructura IX & pics of those ruins on MG's MEXICO FLIKR, I have this [SPEC]: Ek Naab (dark/black water) is the ancient name of Becan.
el_international_de_mexico_-_04.pdf
Description 
pdf

Download 
Filename  el_international_de_mexico_-_04.pdf 
Filesize  388.86KB 
Downloaded  178 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:02 pm
 ICQ Number 
Psysop
Decorated

Another drop.io acticle posted
also more Gabi v-logs added since this afternoon...

Sorry for the multiple posts (attachments are making single posts difficult) - btw, I'm lonely in here...
Going to that same site without loging in and clicking Start Your Quest, they have added the following line at the bottom of the page:
J-Files Official wrote:
One Twitterer seems to be interested in the case...TheOldMan49.

-These tweets seem to be in character & / or the User is tweeting ARG style and his avatar is the same crystal skull pic from this in-game SITE. Note: His twitter web links to the fansite, & one of the official DESCENDANT FORUM
admins is named "The Old Man" (posted the sticky and edited the news article threads).
End Note: This just dropped on his twitter and on the forums:
El International de Mexico (news paper) wrote:
Originally Posted by El International de Mexico - Summary
MEXICO CITY:
Leading DNA scientist Dr. Pedro Juan Beltran, murdered two days ago at Mexico City International Airport, is officially under investigation for terrorist activities.

Detective Lopez said “We currently have just one lead, American scientist Dr Jackson Bennett.”

Bennett, 32, flew into Mexico City Airport from San Francisco on the morning of PJ Beltran’s death.

Passenger manifests and CCTV footage show that PJ Beltran and Bennett arrived at the airport within the same hour. One theory is that Bennett murdered PJ Beltran for the money.

Bennett is employed by University of California, San Francisco. He is known by colleagues to have been working with PJ Beltran’s Temixco-based research group. Dr. Bennett often visited the Temixco labs. When pressed for further information, the Temixco co-worker said only: “PJ Beltran and Jackson Bennett are not terrorists."

el_international_de_mexico_-_05.pdf
Description 
pdf

Download 
Filename  el_international_de_mexico_-_05.pdf 
Filesize  411KB 
Downloaded  243 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:01 am
 ICQ Number 
rose
...and then Magic happens

Thanks for the posts psysop. I want to start following this one! People are reading your posts even if they aren't posting in response.

Mankind was my business, the common good was my business.~ Dickens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 pm
Psysop
Decorated

2 sites and PJ Beltran's Blog found...

Thanks rose, I feel better now Smile

Oh @cabalagent23, when you get a chance could you change the primary post title to The Descendant?

I ordered my copy of Ice Shock and its not coming until March 20-26th Mad . Based on that I looked at the following .pdf of CHAPTER EXCERPTS (btw that link is spoiler-ish). I'm also going to spoiler this [SPEC] just in case:
After reading that and comparing the code solution from INVISIBLE CITY I get the following: Muwan (in mayan)= "SPARROW-HAWK". In the context of that translation and what I read in the excerpt, I think Muwan are flying craft that may have anti-gravity capability (UFO's). The Muwan from the book perspective seem to be Mayan technology. Based on the fact that Josh's cousin is a Muwan pilot & seems to be from Ek Naab, I have to assume that Josh, his Dad & Gramps could be of direct Mayan descent (The Descendant Dunno). On that line of thought, Josh's dad may have been chased & shot down by the Muwan sighted in the area at the time of his death.

Note (probably not spec here): The Mayan font on the excerpt "Blog Entry" translates to: YOUFOUNDME
- This is going to be the start of the code in Ice Shock.

Also: According to Hans on the chatbot page it seems Hans expects contact from Bennett. It also seems like Hans or his cohorts murdered Beltran. - To me it looks like Bennett is the killer (but I also think this is too obvious to be true) & / or Bennett has been setup to look like the killer (Bennet gets a drop from Beltran & bails, then Beltran gets smoked). And because Beltran was in Switzerland, there may be a Swiss account involved - dealing with the Million $'s

ETA:
GABI'S BLOG just updated with video #8 titled "Terrorista". At the end she mentions
Gabi in Terrorista vid wrote:
...who is this guy (Bennett), I wonder if I could find out?

OK and the answer is Yes, she can find him at:
http://www.drjacksonbennett.com/
Bennett's page confirms hes from San Francisco, whois states:
whois wrote:
Created:2008-11-24
Reverse IP states this ingame site:
1. Agylihrppreikgr.com

All post categories are PW protected. The PW for Categories "2nd, Monday" & "3rd, Tuesday" (post #'s 1-33) is:
Isa

Keyed from the viewable hint in post number 1, leading to Gabi's blog to find the name of her cousins Cat (Gabi's "Lucha Libra" post).

Bennett's page leads to PJ Beltran's blog as well:
http://pedrojuanb.blogspot.com/

Leading to: http://chaldexx.com/
-Got that from Gabi's blog (Secret Projects post / her Dad's latest employer), Bennet's page and the promotional video having the picture from the page header.

ETA2:
Beltran's 2nd blog post (The Yearly Graduate) mentions the name Simon, hes talking about Simon Reyes-see Bennett's post #9. But there is another Simon (spoiler is from the chapter excerpt link at the top of this thread).
From the news clip he is:..."as US citizen Simon Madison, a suspected terrorist known to be wanted by both the FBI and CIA."
Also from the official forum, says he is a full on villain: http://www.themgharris.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366&highlight=simon

ETA3:
Gabi just posted a comment to Josh's blog on the "LEAF STORM" post. She basically reintroduces herself and tells Josh about her dad. Its getting interesting now...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:59 pm
 ICQ Number 
Psysop
Decorated

Meeting on Habbo tomorrow Saturday March 7th @ 11:30 CST

Josh's BLOG has a new thread answering Gabi. The skinny:
Josh's ooop...hello stranger! Thread wrote:
Can you meet me online to talk?

In Habbo Hotel, search for MariposaJosh's room, TOMORROW, 11:30 your time, which is 17:30 mine...doh...I think...

PS Habbo UK, i.e. http://www.habbo.co.uk/

So I think that is 9:30 AM PST.
His room in Habbo is "MariposaJosh" and is PW protected right now...

ETA: The tweet link refers to something I spoiled, but I think he is a pm so it dont matter Wink

Ok so TheOldMan49's twitter was updated with:
TheOldMan49's tweet wrote:
OK. I've cracked the second password on Jackson Bennett's blog. But just to protect Gabi I won't write it out.... (AND)
Look at http://tr.im/iceshock 13,9,3,2/10,7,7,3/5,1,8,4/15,1,5,4/11,11,2,3/12,7,1,1/9,7,5,1/14,2,10,3

Its a link to the spoiled excerpt doc I posted. Anyhoo, the code is a form of Beale cipher. Heres how it works:
4 number strings broken by /.
#1=page#, #2=line#, #3=word#, #4=letter#

All the letters spell out the following password that works on Bennett's page/blog: genetica

I am now going to resume reading BENNETTS BLOG posts 34-53 Cool

ETA2: PW Solve needed
It just occurred to me that the pw for the Habbo meeting has not been found yet Rolling Eyes. I just checked the game forum & the 3 peeps in there don't know it. Prompting me to check the blogs & tweets.
TheOldMan49's TWEETS have been updated 3 times now:
TheOldMan49 tweets wrote:
To think I could have been watching WATCHMEN tonight instead of trying to crack the password for Josh's room in Habbo. Disappointingly easy.

HINT - it's in Josh's coded message within copies of INVISIBLE CITY.

ah...and now Gabi herself is asking for the password... Silly boy, Josh. Or perhaps he's being doubly cunning?
In short: Josh commented Gabi's blog asking for the meeting. Gabi then commented Josh's blog with:
Comment from Gabi wrote:
Read your blog, and I just tried that room in Habbo Hotel, Josh. It has a password! What is it? Help!!!

Sad I guess you've gone to bed by now...

Will look again here right away when I wake up tomorrow!
I'm going to try to figure it out now, but its late. If anyone lurks this, I humbly ask for your assistance. Heres some refs:
Invisible city Code & explanation HERE (notice ORIZABA as well).
-If we cant find it by the morning, hopefully I can get up and look around before the meeting goes down...Note: Im gonna try Orizaba with other words from the code & then move to anagrams.

ETA3:
OK I tried over 300 pw's that didnt work. Just looked at the tweets and was basically told the pw is: orizaba
Ummmm ok I don't get it. I used that pass (at minimum) 30 times hehehehh. That was like the first thing I tried (notice orizaba hmmmm).

ETA4:
The meeting went down between Josh & Gabi in Habbo. TheOldMan49 was in there & when Josh & Gabi left, he told us to go to his room for the transcript. He also left a stickie note on the wall with his room addy & pw. Here it is:
TheOldMan49's stickie in Josh's Habbo room wrote:
Address: TheOldMan49
PWord: Watcher

If you missed Josh and gabi's
meeting tonight, don't worry I
took notes. I'll be writing them
out later today. You can find my
notes of the meeting at my
room.
Note: that pw is not working for me & I tried it on 3 diff computers/connections. - Ill post the transcipt later when I get it (I left a stickie of my own in Josh's room as well). Also: 2 more vids on Gabi's blog from yesterday. And more entries on Bennett's as well (pw: genetica)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:20 pm
 ICQ Number 
Psysop
Decorated

Multiple Gabi & Bennett blog updates...
And Habbo meeting transcript...

@krystyn: Thank you for the name edit! Very Happy

Ok Gabi has posted 4 more vids since the meeting in Habbo (with some back & forth comments between her & Josh).-Basically Gabi found test tubes containing biologic material in a carton of ice cream in the freezer. She has the samples & hasn't turned them over to the cops...

Bennett has also had more conversations with Maria Carmen Valencia on his page dealing with the biologic material PJ passed on to Bennett before he got shot. The convos specifically deal with the amino acid sequence (from the samples) having a correlation to Sumerian cuneiform writing (the sequence is outlined in Sumerian -I need to check this out more in depth though as I was out of town the last day.
In short: I think the gist is the 20 Sumerian logograms could also represent 20 amino acids and they both have a theory that HANS PAGE -the actual URL is the sequence for the Beltran material -see Bennett's blog #'s 54,55,56). Note: Maria Carmen Valencia is obviously "MCV" from Bennett's blog, she has also identified herself as the author of this INGAME SITE

End note: TheOldMan49's twitter explained that his room pw in Habbo was not active but he has corrected that now. XD I just checked Habbo to go to his room & see if there are stickie clues etc, but ofcoarse, ummmm Habbo is offline for fixes right now Evil or Very Mad - Ill hit that Habbo up in the morning & post the meeting transcript & other stuff here when I can...

ETA:
Screen shots of the Stickies (Habbo meeting):
Transcript in txt format below:
Also: I just put a note on Josh's Habbo room giving him Bennett's url...
HabboMeeting1.txt
Description 
txt

Download 
Filename  HabboMeeting1.txt 
Filesize  4.99KB 
Downloaded  167 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 am
 ICQ Number 
Psysop
Decorated

Backstory on Josh & a note about Simon Madison
From both books...

I recieved & just read Invisible City (bk.1) for some backstory. Heres the deal with Josh, and a pretty big note about who Simon Madison may be in the Ice Shock story:
As mentioned, the Bakabs are many things. In the context of this though, the Bakabs are like mayan priests (ETA: not priests but actually elite Members of the Executive office), but they are not elected, they are born into the Bakab station due to genetic background. IE: Josh, his Gramps & Dad have genetic lineage as the Bakab(s) Ix. Reason: Bakabs are born to be in "charge" of the mayan codices. In this instance, the Book of Ix is particularly important because it outlines the 2012 scenario. The book itself is weaponized. If anyone gets whithin say 10 feet of it, & it is touched, the book radiates a bioweapon (gas) that kills anyone in the radius in a horrible fashion (liquifies internal organs etc). People of direct Bakab Ix lineage have a gene that enables them to handle the book with zero consequence.
Note: By "direct lineage" I mean the gene is passed on the Y chromosome from father to son. This is why marriage to a Bakab is pre-arranged (to ensure the blood line remains intact -see refs to Ixchel below).

In the end of Invisible City, Josh realizes his dream with "summon the BakabIx" (from his blog) and this can be summed up like this: His Grandpa is the dying person in the dream. He just got away from a Muwan crash & ended up in a Brujo's (witchdoctors) hut near the jungles of Catemaco. Before he dies, he basically tells the Brujo "heres the book, summon the BakabIx". The Brujos son takes the book and instantly dies horribly. At that point the Brujo hides the book in a ceremonial location in the jungle.

-Then: Years later, Josh shows up in Catemaco and tells a local brujo about the dream. Josh goes to bed in his hotel room and is abducted. He wakes up in the same hut from the dream, and the Brujo from the dream (old man now) performs a ceremonial drug rite on Josh. The upshot:
Josh convinces the Brujo that he is the "Bakab Ix" and he is then taken and left at the Books burial site. While digging the book Ix up, hitmen show up and are promptly dispatched by handling the book. Then Simon shows up, Josh grabs the book & steals the dead peeps car. Simon chases Josh in his car (both cars careening in reverse gear through the jungle) and Josh crashes. Josh Jumps into the lagoon finds a row boat & barely escapes with his life (& the book). Being chased by Simon (who now has a boat) Josh climbs on shore of a local island, climbs a tree to avoid the alligators and contacts his cousin Benicio (Muwan Pilot from EK Naab) with a special Ek Naabian cell phone. His cousin shows up in a Muwan & wearing full Haz-mat gear, gets the book and Josh & they fly out of there. Simon calls in support after seeing the UFO (Muwan) picking Josh up. At that point 3 Muwan show up (probably reverse engineered) and give chase. Benicio & Josh get away by flying into the top of a Volcano and traveling a hidden underground flightpath (I believe this Volcano may be Orizaba).

Final Note: In the very end of bk 1, Simon Madison is identified as having multiple aliases. Of interest is this alias (supposedly the oldest alias detectives could find):
Simon Martineau (see refs to Marius Martineau below)

Backlog: Marius is one of the first people Josh's dad contacted about the Ix code via email before he died (so he knew exactly what Josh's dads schedule was and that he had a clue to the location of the book of Ix etc)... And this: Marius' (possibly Simon or related to him) title is "Non Executive Director" for CHALDEXX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS. -Even if Mellisa DiCanio (Bennett's contact) is on the up & up. She may not know that investor Marius Martineau may be or is possibly related to Simon Madison. Interesting indeed...I do not know if Chaldexx is evil yet hehehehe, but it kind of makes sense that the artefact in Abu Sharain may be weaponized as well, and Bennett may be the person to be able to handle it due to genetics (the synthetic gene sequence may be an attempt to create someone that can handle this artefact without having been born with that gene Dunno ...As stated in Bennett's blog though: The Beltran sample (given to him) contains the gene as it would naturally occur (not the synthetic version of the gene known by & / or created by Chaldexx). Bennett may also be a natural carrier and have that gene in his biologic makeup...

ETA:
Gabi posted another vid ("Found Him...") telling Josh about Bennett's url. She then posted a stickie in Josh's Habbo with the pw for threads 1-33 (I left the url & both pw's for them this morning as well). Note: There is a stickie in Josh's room now that states:
Susannah St John's stickie wrote:
Josh im not sure about theoldman49 i dont trust him, he knows to much please keep your self safe, for arcadio, the best of luck
Susannah St John
P.S have you heard from Ixchel lately?

For the record: The conspiracy note about TheOldMan49 could be true but doesn't worry me because he knows everything we know at this time (IE: Habbo is not secure as he was in the meeting with us & all his tweets have the same info I have supplied). -Since theoldman49 seems to be tweeting in game character, heheeh it makes me wonder why he is not doing what I have done & attempted to supply Gabi & Josh with url & pw info though. Hmmmm...

Oh and Ixchel is a character from Bk# 1 & I think Bk# 2. In short: She saved Josh in the jungle from a snake bite when Josh was being chased by Simon. She took him to the foot of a Pyramid at the Becan ruins in Campeche state & told him basically (this isn't at all exact):
Ixchel to Josh wrote:
You asked me to take you to Becan & that is what I have done. When you hear my name, do not take it personally. You can tell them I did it (ran away) on principle...

(she then ran off into the jungle) Josh then screamed out to her:
but who are you, what do I do?

- She then replied:
climb up to the 3rd tear, west wall of the Pyramid, you will find it, good luck JOSH (he then knew she knew his name the whole time)

So basically heres the deal on Ixchel and Ek Naab:
She is supposed to be married to the next generation Bakab Ix, IE: Pre-arranged marriage to Josh & ran away on principle to deny that from happening (in bk 1). She knew he was on his way, & helped him to evade capture, dropping him off at the Pyramid.
Josh then scaled the west wall / tear 3 and found a secret passageway that dropped him into the pyramid and sealed him in. The room was a huge elevator that took him to the depths underneath the pyramid. Then a man Montoya introduced himself to Josh and explained that he was the Bakab by Proxy until Josh's 16th birth day. But that Josh would in fact be ceremonially indoctrinated to the station of Bakab Ix in the hidden city of Ek Naab (basically a super high & low tech underground city where the modern Mayan Bakab still live, complete with synthetic sunlight etc). He was turned into the Bakab Ix and given a mission to aquire the book of Ix. And I stated the rest in the spoiler above (he got the book, evaded Simon & capture with Benicios help, then returned to England, and the story picks up where we are now with Gabi contacting him and involving him in yet another adventure).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:59 pm
 ICQ Number 
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: