Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Stop The International
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 44 [646 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
PatRol
Decorated

[Trailhead] Stop The International

Two days ago, there was an envelope in my mailbox with just my name on it. When I opened it, there was a bunch of US-Dollar notes in it. Those Dollars were surrounded by a red "badge" which read: "DIES IST BLUTGELD" (= this is blood money), FOLGE DER SPUR (= follow the trail), FOLGEDEMGELD.DE (= follow the money). When you come to that Website, you can choose, whether you like it in English or in German.

On the page, you are greeted by someone called Louis Salinger, who is a chief inspector of Scotland Yard. He explains some insights on a current case in which the so called "The International Bank of Business and Credit" is being involved. Salinger then told us to meet a contact person at the central station in Berlin who could give us some clues about where to find some more insights and information. So we travelled to a Park called Treptower Park where we found a CD with different files. Now, there is a new website, which is called STOPTHEINTERNATIONAL.COM which includes a countdown, that will reach zero in about 5 days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
MrToasty
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

I thought the picture on the first page looked like Clive Owen, and sure enough he has a movie coming out called, you guessed it, The International:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963178/

ETA - link on the first site to IBBC:
http://www.theibbc.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:33 pm
Trillian
Decorated

There's a trailer on youtube where the IBBC is mentioned and WHOIS for folgedemgeld.de brings up Sony Pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:51 pm
InTheBox
Boot

Looks pretty interesting.
Just sent a letter to The IBBC saying I was interesting in starting an account, mentioned Dutton York. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:28 am
degravedi
Unfictologist

Ooo I love spy games! Even better that it would go with The International.

Just wanted to add, folgedemgeld.de is the only site so far that actually listed Sony in its whois (makes sense as it seems that the German branch of Sony is handling that one). The other two -- stoptheinternational.com and theibbc.com -- both follow the common "top end arg" whois formula; site registered through GoDaddy! and registrant info hidden by Domains by Proxy. But all of them have the same IP from the US.

globaleyesdevelopmentfund.org is hosted on that IP as well. (and globaleyesdevelopmentfund.com redirects there)

worldwideinitiatives.com doesn't have a site yet, but also seems like a likely candidate to watch for (same whois setup).

And man, how do I get some of that bloodmoney? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Methos
Decorated

Patrol's blood money:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7tysix/3009436523/in/set-72157608739150720/

the instructions:
http://www.argwiki.de/index.php5?title=Bild:Inter_Anweisungen.jpg
http://www.argwiki.de/index.php5?title=Bild:Inter_Anweisungen2.jpg

There was a small team following the instructions into the treptower park, where they found a hidden cd:
http://flickr.com/photos/7tysix/sets/72157608739150720/

[EDIT]

While the other documents on the cd were jpgs, there was one mp3-file you won't get from the website, because it was only included on the cd. You can find it here:

http://www.argwiki.de/images/c/c1/Inter_BCX-01.mp3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:06 pm
Thunderclap
Veteran

the clock stopped at midnight est and it was replaced with a website were you can see if you have blood money and assist in stopping the IBBC by helping the investigation. Use about 5 ones each will give you a different statement and all will be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:15 am
AUZ505
Unfictologist

Live Drop in LA

I you go to "Find the evidence" a map will show up. There are two working links on the cities. One is Berlin, giving you the content and story of the live drop there.
There is also a countdown and link for LA- giving you the following instructions:

Quote:

Los Angeles operatives, go shopping for some Sincere Gifts on Gin Ling Way in Chinatown on November 19th. Strike the right gong four times to signal your contact between the hours of 1:00 and 2:00 pm.

This operation is risky. Be alert at all time. You may be followed and someone may take your picture or try to track you down. If something were to happen, for the sake of the investigation we have to say that we have never in touch. By going to Chinatown location, you agree to release us of all leability, losses, injuries, death or damages that might happen to you or to anyone else if you decide to follow the instructions and retrieve the package. If you're worried or scared or don't agree to assume all responsibility for this mission, then stay home and follow the investigation from your computer by visiting stoptheinternational.com.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:41 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

I hope someone from LA takes notice of the thread before then!

By the by, the address you need to go to is: 483 Gin Ling Way

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
PostLarval
Entrenched

degravedi wrote:
I hope someone from LA takes notice of the thread before then!

By the by, the address you need to go to is: 483 Gin Ling Way

I might be up in LA that day... I'll know for sure on Monday. Hopefully so, because this looks fantastic.

In the mean time, if anyone knows any LA locals, give them a heads up!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:01 pm
Shad0
I Have No Life

Re: [Trailhead] Stop The International
Los Angeles instructions

PostLarval wrote:
In the mean time, if anyone knows any LA locals, give them a heads up!

A certain floral persona steered me in this direction. (Thanks, certain floral persona!) I should be able to take some time to go to Chinatown in the middle of the day on Wednesday. Anyone else want to meet up and go together?
These were the puzzles that would take a day, these were puzzles that would take a week, and these puzzles they'd probably never figure out until we broke down and gave them the answers. ... The Cloudmakers solved all of these puzzles on the first day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:41 pm
PostLarval
Entrenched

Re: [Trailhead] Stop The International
Los Angeles instructions

Shad0 wrote:
Anyone else want to meet up and go together?

If I do end up in LA Wednesday, gladly. Safety in numbers, when dealing with a ruthless global financial criminal syndicate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:39 pm
LisaDaisy

Ok, we fond one of these bills when I went to the mall today.

Ok, we fond one of these in the Northridge Mall today. My husband thoght it was fishy so he left it there ... UGH, now that I see this I wish I would have grabbed it!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:25 pm
Nighthawk
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

See? Just because it's a .NET site doesn't mean I have anything to do with it! Wink

Were the New York and London arrows there when it was first found? Hope there's more arrows in future...

ETA:

Going to home (bottom left) and entering the serial numbers of two one dollar bills of mine goes through some visual rigamarole, then comes up with a Google Earth map of Asheville, North Carolina. Anyone getting anything different?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 am
morgan311

Crazy!
found the 2 dollar bill

found the bill with the blood money sticker on it outside of my work at the northridge mall...i asked people about it, and no one knew a thing. weird. well the website is interesting and if i wasn't working i would go get the package in chinatown haha, well they sure know how to promote a movie don't they? I will definitely go see "International" now, and i wonder if the ibbc website is real?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 am
Page 1 of 44 [646 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: